• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MintyBoi1

He/Him
A problem I’ve noticed with profiles for Soul Eater is the lack of Martial Arts and Acrobatics on them. These are some rather basic abilities so I’ll just quickly get through justifications. In just about every fight, there’s some punches being thrown. An early series Maka here quickly rushes down Crona with punches and a drop kick, and later on against Gopher she dodges his attacks and deals a heavy blow. And Kid in his fight with Black Star casually did a flying kick. Black Star himself is also very inclined here, being specialized in hand to hand and called a child of the martial way. Here he’s shown nimbly dodging certain death from Mifune’s swords and landing a jump kick, here he’s training with Stein who’s also very skilled in H2H, even catching him off guard, and here he’s fighting Kid for the 3rd time who also shows off his Reaper Martial Arts and dexterity. Also side note, they’re fighting and talking underwater here so maybe they have self-sustenance unless I forgot some context, but that’s off topic anyways. Medusa is listed as a Short-Range Witch and could fight one on one with Stein, so she should also benefit from these abilities.

For these reasons, I propose Martial Arts and Acrobatics for Maka, Black Star, Kid, Stein, and Medusa to better represent their abilities. There’s a whole wiki page on fighting styles shown in the series if extra justification is needed.

Agree: Shado112, DarkDragonMedeus, DueDate8898, UchihaSlayer96

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
I can agree with this, martial arts is pretty extensively shown throughout the series. Should turn these into imgur links or images uploaded to fandom for the profiles, and also while you got a few for Kid and Black Star you should get more panels for Maka besides the two. Just to show her martial arts more extensively

I can agree with this, martial arts is pretty extensively shown throughout the series. Should turn these into imgur links or images uploaded to fandom for the profiles, and also while you got a few for Kid and Black Star you should get more panels for Maka besides the two. Just to show her martial arts more extensively
I do know another fight with her, so I can add that to the OP real quick. Now to just wait for the grace period so I can apply these changes.

Back