• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FIRE FORCE CRT (PART 5 of 5): MY NAME IS SHINRABANSHO MAN, AND I AM THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different verses and different physics keep different speeds and different perks from it

Just like how not every speedster would have hurricane generation
but i don't think is gonna mean that the MFTL+ will win,like i say,how you are gonna know where your enemie is if he travels in time or ''stops time''and you don't

I've read through the entire thread multiple times and I still don't entirely understand what's going on.

Shinra said "by stopping and reversing time". Stopping is most likely Severed Universe since that's known to be Sho's Thing™ but reversing has never been elaborated on. Shinra's FTL "time travel" comes from an interpretation of relativity where time dilation is negative once you exceed SoL, which happens to his body and thus he comes back from disintegration.

That doesn't allow him to travel into the past, though. That'd be something new that he hasn't demonstrated pre-SBM. Him saying "I didn't make this with just one kick" implies he did a lot more that wasn't visible to the Evangelist, via "going back and forth".

I don't think that Shinra would, say, reverse time by one year, let things play out until he gets back to the current point, repeat and then call it "going back and forth", which - if I've understood correctly - is what KT is implying, that he didn't actively go forward in time (i.e faster than linear time) back to the point he came from. I think he actually just went back and forth in time, trying different things until one worked out.

I've read through the entire thread multiple times and I still don't entirely understand what's going on.

Shinra said "by stopping and reversing time". Stopping is most likely Severed Universe since that's known to be Sho's Thing™ but reversing has never been elaborated on. Shinra's FTL "time travel" comes from an interpretation of relativity where time dilation is negative once you exceed SoL, which happens to his body and thus he comes back from disintegration.

That doesn't allow him to travel into the past, though. That'd be something new that he hasn't demonstrated pre-SBM. Him saying "I didn't make this with just one kick" implies he did a lot more that wasn't visible to the Evangelist, via "going back and forth".

I don't think that Shinra would, say, reverse time by one year, let things play out until he gets back to the current point, repeat and then call it "going back and forth", which - if I've understood correctly - is what KT is implying, that he didn't actively go forward in time (i.e faster than linear time) back to the point he came from. I think he actually just went back and forth in time, trying different things until one worked out.
Actually he has traveled to the past. 250 years to the past before sbm. Returning to the present is something that automatically happens without his control either way.

Shinra said "by stopping and reversing time". Stopping is most likely Severed Universe since that's known to be Sho's Thing™ but reversing has never been elaborated on.
Love the analysis tbh but I wanna pick on this for a sec.

Shinra can do both stopping and reversing. Why do we always forget that? He became strong enough to not disintegrate as soon as the cataclysm was complete. Now when he goes SoL he can “walk” and talk with Sho casually and no disintegration occurs. Then when he goes FTL he turns back time.

Being strong has nothing to do with disintegration.
And what’s your evidence on that? Cuz all Licht said was an object falls apart at a certain speed, and Shinra happens to falls apart at SoL. A more durable object won’t fall apart at a certain speed.

wether or not you disagree with me on that doesn’t matter either cuz it has happened on panel that Shinra doesn’t disintegrate at light speed.

Turns out I never pressed "Post Reply" on my comment meant for last page....

I was going to say:

"I think you're making some good points KingTempest, but you need to calm down."

Bit outdated now. Anyway, I'm currently disagreeing with the thread but will see how the discussion goes.

Here I have something that isn’t based on headcanon. He states this happens due to the speed not strength related.

First of all this isn’t theory of relativity

Second of all,

wether or not you disagree with me on that doesn’t matter either cuz it has happened on panel that Shinra doesn’t disintegrate at light speed anymore.

I still stand by Shinra being strong enough not to disintegrate.

i say it one,and i am gonna say it again,FTL=time travels in some verses should be immeasurable speed because of the time travel,not for the FTL,because some other verses don't time travel going FTL,the time travel because,yes?

i say it one,and i am gonna say it again,FTL=time travels in some verses should be immeasurable speed because of the time travel,not for the FTL,because some other verses don't time travel going FTL,the time travel because,yes?
No, traveling to the past by FTL will only keep you FTL, not immeasurable

Fiction that applies the theory of relativity like FF, will indirectly make its top speed only FTL, immeasurable.

Fictions that can travel to any point in time would be immeasurable (if not using the theory of relativity).

No, traveling to the past by FTL will only keep you FTL, not immeasurable

Fiction that applies the theory of relativity like FF, will indirectly make its top speed only FTL, immeasurable.

Fictions that can travel to any point in time would be immeasurable (if not using the theory of relativity).
i only just gonna put this:

A common misconception in power scaling is that when a character has Immeasurable Speed via FTL travel, they should be just seen as FTL. However, this is often due to then misunderstanding of what the FTL tier is meant to represent. When someone says that a character is SoL or FTL, it means they are capable of traveling/moving at speeds equal to or greater than 299,792,458 meters per second. It is NOT referring to what is required in order to overcome the plank constant and/or to break the theory of special relativity. However, some verses use this as a requirement in order to move beyond linear time. In special relativity, it is theorized that the closer you reach the Speed of Light, the slower time is as a result until it reaches a complete stop; and as you approach faster than light speeds you begin to time travel. This has then spawned the misconception that if other characters from other fictional verses that are capable of moving at FTL speeds are placed within these verses that have this rule, that they would logically then have Immeasurable Speed because they are capable of surpassing what is considered the Speed of Light. However, when scaling we do not treat FTL itself as being Immeasurable Speed, because without any feats demonstrating that they have movement beyond linear time, then we wouldn't assume that they do. To be clear, movement beyond linear time is Immeasurable Speed, not the FTL tier itself.

Basically simply for anyone to understand,being immeasurable speed is beyond linear time,it has nothing to do with ''moving in a distance over time''or anything.

i only just gonna put this:

A common misconception in power scaling is that when a character has Immeasurable Speed via FTL travel, they should be just seen as FTL. However, this is often due to then misunderstanding of what the FTL tier is meant to represent. When someone says that a character is SoL or FTL, it means they are capable of traveling/moving at speeds equal to or greater than 299,792,458 meters per second. It is NOT referring to what is required in order to overcome the plank constant and/or to break the theory of special relativity. However, some verses use this as a requirement in order to move beyond linear time. In special relativity, it is theorized that the closer you reach the Speed of Light, the slower time is as a result until it reaches a complete stop; and as you approach faster than light speeds you begin to time travel. This has then spawned the misconception that if other characters from other fictional verses that are capable of moving at FTL speeds are placed within these verses that have this rule, that they would logically then have Immeasurable Speed because they are capable of surpassing what is considered the Speed of Light. However, when scaling we do not treat FTL itself as being Immeasurable Speed, because without any feats demonstrating that they have movement beyond linear time, then we wouldn't assume that they do. To be clear, movement beyond linear time is Immeasurable Speed, not the FTL tier itself.
Source?

The whole disintegration debunk is moot since disintegration only happens because of durability and considering shinrabanshoman is in a different dimension of power compared to base shinra it’s wack to say he’d have to break down as well. Only the action of actually traveling through time is speed based since you need to be moving ftl meaning he can be moving at immeasurable speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back