• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

It's a shame, having Jake be reoccurring alongside Anna could've had a lot of cute possibilities, always having a Jake for every Anna to play off one another.

I haven't seen a Jake since FE7 excluding remakes that is. But Awakening has a bunch of optional marriages which wouldn't be right of Anna is a playable character. So I see why he hasn't appeared lately.

I mean, there's all sorts of Annas, could've had jokes about Jake and Robin getting confused, and Jake's in a relationship with one of the Merchant Annas and not the one that joined the Shepherds.

They could've used a Jake in Three Houses if they weren't gonna give Anna supports (which is still rather lame, in all honesty)

Yeah, Anna pretty much is the worst. She's meant to be a Theif type class, but Yuri and Petra are far superior to her in every way and they actually have supports. Sure she can also learn meteor, but too bad she as a penalty in reason. Low stats overall, penalty in the few classes she has potential in, the few classes she is proficient in makes her subpar with others by a landslide, and no supports is the worst of all.

And IMO, the next worst is probably Gilbert; all he is is just a mellowed version Dedue and Raphael. They're the two slowest, but two toughest characters in the game and are pretty much Fortress Knight definitions. But armored units suck really bad in Three Houses for obvious reasons and each generation is subpar with a different axe wielder. In this case War Masters are better choices for them as it makes excellent use of HP and Strength excessiveness while moderately copes with low speed and dexterity due to the nature of brawling weapons. Gilbert on the other hand is pretty much Great Knight built; arguably the worst Master Class ever due to having pretty much no advantages over Paladin while sharing all weaknesses of both Paladins and Fortress Knights.

Apparently it's canon that Heroes cannot commit Friendly Fire on each other now, which makes a whole lotta sense given the diversity in FEH

Edit: Fallen Dimitri's level up quote (+5/6 stats)

Last edited:
I miss when Paralogues were the misadventures of the Askr trio rather than the internal story of the new banner characters

I wonder what the storm Grima created could yield, given that it's depicted as being all around him

ww5u67afh6y61.png

Found this and felt the need to imagine how she would play in Three Houses, hopefully I didn't make her too OP or bad. Growths are based on Saber's parameters under Shirou translated into a percentage (E=0-15, D=20-25, etc.)

Crest of Camelot (Cuts weapon durability cost in half, rounds down)

Strengths: Sword, Lance, Riding, Authority

Weakness: Reason

Budding Talent: Faith (White Magic Avoid +20)

Base Stats: HP Str 10 Mag 5 Dex 8 Spd 10 Lck 7 Def 6 Res 4 Cha 9

Base Growths: HP 50 Str 45 Mag 40 Dex 40 Spd 35 Lck 45 Def 35 Res 45 Cha 45

Hero’s Relic: Avalon (Renewal+Aegis+Pavise)

Personal Skill: Mana Burst (+4 Strength and Attack Speed when initiating Combat)

Combat Arts: Bane of Monsters, Windsweep, Vengeance, Swift Strikes

Authority Skills: Battalion Wrath, Model Leader, Battalion Renewal, Rally Strength

Reason Spells: Wind, Cutting Gale

Faith Spells: Heal, Nosferatu, Physic, Seraphim

as you can see I put way too much thought into this

Last edited:
I wonder what the storm Grima created could yield, given that it's depicted as being all around him
I honestly kinda doubt that Grima is as big as we depict him to be. Given that the calc uses his ingame map shadow size, and that is pretty inconsistent for obvious reasons. His skeleton is spread around the map yes, but all the parts seem to be separated quite a bit, making it seem a lot larger than it is.

It's actually a low ball given the size of his skeleton really should be the most accurate depiction. Which is about half the size of the Continent; and we calculate via GPE for large sized characters normally. His current size's GPE iirc got High 6-B to 6-A results if he could stand up iirc.

Using maps seems like a bad idea in itself considering how inconsistently they seem to scale both the terrain and the overworld sprites, it's ridiculously hard to eyeball any good way to really measure Grima's size...

Trying to map out his skeleton and making sense of it might be the best if we can line up all the pieces we can find, but even that's gonna take some effort and it's not a 100% sure-fire result.

Grima just BEEG

Yea thats exactly what im talking about. His skeleton doesn't even seem to be one piece, which would obviously result in higher results. Besides, his skull only really covers a courtyard, I find it difficult to find that it would be that large considering thats the case.

Scaling his back would mean comparing the sprites of characters, the ones that...you know, sometimes are as big as trees, sometimes a 6th the size of a town, sometimes look just as big as a 'mountain' they're standing next to. I'm not sure how we're going to get a size scale using the map in a game that uses the sprite art (where liberties are obviously being taken) that people are going to be happy with...

Grima's head IS comically small compared to the rest of his body in some of the concept art pages we've seen.

TLDR: I don't think anyone is ever going to be happy with Grima Calcs because both us and the game itself can't decide how big we should treat him.

Well, we could just calc the creation of this storm

Shouldn't really be a problem when storm creation has scaled to AP in the past for FE, honestly, if we could see the storm created for Bolting we'd probably get higher results for GBA

Well, we could just calc the creation of this storm

Shouldn't really be a problem when storm creation has scaled to AP in the past for FE, honestly, if we could see the storm created for Bolting we'd probably get higher results for GBA
Won’t it just be Low 7-B+ Via Cape method unless Grima is moving clouds to create that storm

Back