• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Should alts be done in the form of keys/tabbers instead of optional equipment? Like, Lif and Duo Lif are the same person, yes, but don't share any equipment among each other

By stats, I mean AP and stuff, not like ingame stats. Skills are just something they can learn, wouldn't make sense for them to lose it once they take off an outfit or whatever.

Technically, Duo Lif and Lif aren't the same person either, as Duo Lif comes from Alfonse's dream

Actually, that only applies to V!Gustav. Duo Lif is still the original Lif, as seen in the tempest trials.

Also, change of discussion, but I think it's possible that the Idolasphere could be a 5D realm, as it's described as being a domain between the Main realm, and the FE world by Tiki.

Last edited:
I have no bias for any specific Fire Emblem Universe or generation, I just love all of them. But I agree Ashera and Yune deserve to be much higher tiers than what they are currently.

"oh yeah, something explicitly Tier 2"
-Remake Yune, immediately prior to me scrambling to explain why Oliver scales

Heroes isn’t canon to the games, but the vice versa is true (At least heroes conscidered the games as canon to itself). So I wouldn’t call heroes a main line game.

Does anything actually prove that Heroes is non canon to the rest of the games? Or are we just assuming that for simplicity and the lack of evidence for it being canon?

Heroes was listed with the other entries for the anniversary book while the 'spinoffs' weren't so... Huge shrug It's mainline enough for me, regardless of where it is canon-wise

Does anything actually prove that Heroes is non canon to the rest of the games? Or are we just assuming that for simplicity and the lack of evidence for it being canon?
The lack of interactions that reference Heroes in any of the other mainline games is one big reason.

The lack of interactions that reference Heroes in any of the other mainline games is one big reason.
It's been a remake and a single mainline game since Heroes' release, I have a funny feeling that some writer who thinks they're cute can, and probably will, blow that reason out of the water within a few installments.

Especially since IS doesn't seem to be letting the steam out of the app just yet. I kinda had lower expectations for how long Heroes was going to be supported I'll be honest.

Been replaying Binding Blade a lot lately as watching plenty of Mangs recent videos got me feeling like playing it. And I made a tier list; as for what I'm basing the tier list off of? Well, it's based on Hard Mode and not normal mode. But as for whether it's an Iron Man run, speed run, factoring arenas and secret shops, ect. I'm basing it off playing at normal pace with optional convinces being welcome mostly; but I will be giving characters a lot of bonus points for good base stats + being built for best possible strategies. Hence why characters like Marcus and Niime are a lot higher on the list than the average stats suggest while Est types who are recruited long after Arenas have long term availability lose a lot of good points. Jagan stuff, warp/rescue staff tricks, and Dancer/Bard strategies make character way higher than they would be normally. And I didn't factor too many points for Triangle Attack Potential, mostly because they take too much effort to make excellent use of mostly. But It manages to give a few characters slightly higher than normal placing. Also, I'm judging Gonzales, Klein and Thea based on how good they are in A route as opposed to B route. And I'm counting Roy's late promotion as a big weakness for him.

FE6-Tier-List_By_DDM.png

Been replaying Binding Blade a lot lately as watching plenty of Mangs recent videos got me feeling like playing it. And I made a tier list; as for what I'm basing the tier list off of? Well, it's based on Hard Mode and not normal mode. But as for whether it's an Iron Man run, speed run, factoring arenas and secret shops, ect. I'm basing it off playing at normal pace with optional convinces being welcome mostly; but I will be giving characters a lot of bonus points for good base stats + being built for best possible strategies. Hence why characters like Marcus and Niime are a lot higher on the list than the average stats suggest while Est types who are recruited long after Arenas have long term availability lose a lot of good points. Jagan stuff, warp/rescue staff tricks, and Dancer/Bard strategies make character way higher than they would be normally. And I didn't factor too many points for Triangle Attack Potential, mostly because they take too much effort to make excellent use of mostly. But It manages to give a few characters slightly higher than normal placing. Also, I'm judging Gonzales, Klein and Thea based on how good they are in A route as opposed to B route. And I'm counting Roy's late promotion as a big weakness for him.

FE6-Tier-List_By_DDM.png
The fact that you put Wolt and Dorothy above Sue is interesting to say the least

Yeah, Sue's low HP and Strength growths don't really help her much; Plus training her risks chapter 17-20 being in the Sacae route rather than Ilia route. Wolt and Dorothy can also potentially become units that solo Zephiel. Also, they can both use Balistas and Long Bows while Sue and Shin cannot. Though, Shin is still easily one of the best units on Hardmode given his power to max HP, strength, skill, and speed, decent luck, excellent sword and bow duel types and can solo entire armies of Wyvern Lords while being so dodgy he doesn't take a single hit. Sue has the evasion, but lacks the power

Also, side note. I personally think Triangle attack is the most fun way to take our Murdock and Zephiel.

Any progress so far with this profile
I'm working on it right now, actually

Although, I do wonder if we should scale the Umbral Beast fo fighting Pre-Timeskip characters or if it should scale to the likes of the Immaculate One as it's stated to be as powerful as children of the goddess

Aelfric himself scales to Pre-Timeskip, obviously

I'd prefer using the Lore scaling and just considering the students taking him out an outlier.

That's what I was thinking as well, just wanted confirmation, but what of his durability with the Chalice of Beginnings?

I suppose a "higher" would work?

Also, they can both use Balistas and Long Bows while Sue and Shin cannot.
Wait Nomads can't wield longbows in Binding Blade? I thought that was only in Shadow Dragon and Awakening where that was exclusive to Archers/Snipers
Edit: Also Ballistas are only in like 4 chapters (2 of them are exclusive to A path), so that's kinda a narrow niche

Last edited:
Nomads cannot use Longbows in Binding Blade or Blazing Sword for some reason yeah. Not sure about Rangers in Sacred Stones though.

Okay, then it's probably a Binding Blade thing, but I recall there were other FE games that couldn't use Longbows

Edit: Actually, it was the Tellius games + Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem where it's Archer line exclusive. So nvm on that, but I still give Sue some lost points for not being able to use Baristas

Back