• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Yea it's why i was asking if a Key or separate profile would be most appropriate, Since even barring stats Emblems get tons of stuff they don't normally have like Flight, Incorporeality, Self Resurrection from Revival Stones and likely the ability to transmute material into Fabricants Soldiers you fight in their Paralogues

I think
They should be separate regardless of if Heroes profiles get merged or not

Marth profile, Emblem Marth profile

Yea i talked about this with you guys here once in passing awhile ago and thought i'd try a CRT for now it before the big stuff happens in a month or two

I'm personally against characters having separate profiles for Heroes, since the two could easily be separated into keys, One for Heroes, and the rest for whatever keys they normally have.

The Emblems should have different profiles though, since their nature is quite different from their real counterparts.

So what units have you been using the most in your playthrough, besides Alear? Cause Panette has been killing it for me. Highest strength stat, plus Wrath and Vantage. She’s practically criting with every attack. Especially after giving her a Killer Axe. Gave her Roy for Hold Out too as a back up.

My final team was (Prior to Hector, Soren, Camilla)

Alear & Marth

Etie & Lyn

Chloe & Tiki

Louis & Ike (Inherited Vantage++)

Yunaka & Corrin

Diamant & House Leaders (was also quite blessed with Build, having 16 by the time he promoted, unable to be weighed down by Tomahawks by the time he had access to them, along with a max forged Hammer I gave him)

Ivy & Celica

Fogado & Eirika

Pandreo & Roy (for Hold Out, specifically)

Timerra & Lucina

Rosado & Byleth

Seadall & Sigurd

Veyle & Micaiah

Mauvier & Leif

Most of the time I threw Diamant and Louis at my problems, though, along with the Covert Astra Storm 20 range snipe across the map to weaken and/or aggro bosses to start moving faster

Last edited:
What is everyone’s opinion on the Tempest TrIal in Engage. Although, it gives out materials to improve engage weapons, we have to do three maps with lots of high leveled enemies and not even given much XP for doing them

Ignoring the functionality of Tempest Trial for a second

Allowing for the player to choose a difficulty setting allows the player to play a couple of baby difficulty maps and then grind in the arena, coupled with the fact that Tempest Trial doesn't take tickets and you have theoretically infinite grinding at absolutely no cost (besides your time, of course)

I personally like putting Alfred in the middle of the map and watch as he crits everything with a Killer Lance.

Ivy is also really good, since she can basically one round anything

Thinking about how the Binding Blade only needs 1 Might augmentation and Dragon Effectiveness to be the exact same as it was on the GBA

I know some choices with the cast are done via balancing purposes, but I kind of feel like Ike was done a little dirty compared to other Emblems given that they turned him into a slow tank type. Sure he is supposed to be the tough one, but it's not like his speed/evasion was ever bad. He was a jack of all trades type in PoR and an absolute power house with pretty good speed in RD. Though, most lords pretty much are jack of all trades and they didn't want there to be too many of them; but he fights more like Hector than he does Ike.

Though, Emblem Hector happens to be even better, and Soren is like the most OP Emblem yet given he has Bolting as his standard weapon that he can use infinitely. Give a tanky magic user (Such as Ivy or a reclassed Chloe) the Soren Emblem and they could basically solo the game. Camilla also seems to be like having another Sigurd but trades Canto for flying that is added even to nonfliers.

I might think Emblem Soren is better if I could actually hit something with Bolting

Personally, I like Emblem Byleth, Corrin, and Edelgard the most. Emblem Byleth grants like 4 dances in a single turn, which is just crazy. Emblem Corrin can be pretty crazy with her Dragon Veins.

I’ve found Emblem Edelgard to be the best in terms of raw power, since Raging Storm + Houses Unite is pretty much guaranteed to down two revival stones. It gets even better if you’re next to Byleth, since Houses Unite+ grants an additional action. So with dancers, Emblem Byleth, and Emblem Edelgard, you basically get 5-6 actions in 1 turn.

Last edited:
Houses Unite+ (1)
Raging Storm (2)
Attack (3)
Dance (Canter/Canter+ to position)
Divine Blessing+ (Restores Engage turns)
Raging Storm (4)
Attack (5)
Goddess Dance
Attack (6)
Dance
Attack (7)

Houses and Hopes stuff

Sothis' heart is inside of Byleth's chest and, while it was an entirely unplanned decision to do so, it was always intended that Sothis eventually takes over Byleth's body and lives through them

Given that we see exactly this happen in Three Hopes, resulting in the same Nabataean appearance that Byleth takes on in Three Houses, Sothis fusing with Byleth in Three Houses is essentially the same thing happening, just with Byleth remaining in control at all times

Houses and Hopes stuff

Sothis' heart is inside of Byleth's chest and, while it was an entirely unplanned decision to do so, it was always intended that Sothis eventually takes over Byleth's body and lives through them

Given that we see exactly this happen in Three Hopes, resulting in the same Nabataean appearance that Byleth takes on in Three Houses, Sothis fusing with Byleth in Three Houses is essentially the same thing happening, just with Byleth remaining in control at all times
Thanks but why is the relationship between humans and dragon people in FE complicated?

I use the Marth Emblem just because of the character but he is still really good in general. But the excluding the DLC Emblems, I found Lyn's, Byleth's, and Sigurds to be the most game breaking. Sigurd is like the perfect Emblem to give Seadall to buff his movement to dance anyone. Byleth has the force way dances similar to what FE4 dancers and Herons can do, Lyn can snipe enemies and take out fliers from a distance, and Celica can ambush with a teleportation undodgable attack.

Tiki and the House Leaders Emblems were both really OP too, especially the former can turn almost anyone into someone who can EP entire maps. Then came the next three Emblems, I wonder how the Chrom/Robin and Veronica Emblems will be gameplay wise.

Besides the fact that different worlds have their own history to that relationship? It's really a lot to go over quickly.
My question is how humans and dragon people (are there different species of dragon people, and there are cases where it’s just dragons that have no humanoid form) can reproduce considering humans can’t even reproduce with our closet relatives.

this must be magic I guess.

Also, does anybody have a least favorite Emblem ring or rather an Emblem ring you consider subpar with all the others? For me personality, it's the Roy Emblem. He really is just a standard sword wielding Emblem, which is honestly what a lot of FE lords are in general, but his special attack also doesn't seem to be all that useful. It's just a single normal attack followed by putting six fire panels that don't really help that much + it can potentially hurt allies. Not a bad Emblem, but every other Emblem just has something that has more versatile uses.

Also, does anybody have a least favorite Emblem ring or rather an Emblem ring you consider subpar with all the others? For me personality, it's the Roy Emblem. He really is just a standard sword wielding Emblem, which is honestly what a lot of FE lords are in general, but his special attack also doesn't seem to be all that useful. It's just a single normal attack followed by putting six fire panels that don't really help that much + it can potentially hurt allies. Not a bad Emblem, but every other Emblem just has something that has more versatile uses.
Honestly Leif. If it wasn’t for Vantage I wouldn’t really use him. Even then I simply inherit the skill to my units.

Honestly Leif. If it wasn’t for Vantage I wouldn’t really use him. Even then I simply inherit the skill to my units.
Vantage is still better than nothing, plus his special attack does consist of using all 4 weapons; though it's kinda limited since against armored units, light brand seems to be the only one giving a lot of damage unless user has high magic power, and the other three attacks are the opposite. With the bow being especially strong against fliers, it's similar to Eirika + Ephraim's emblem in a lot of ways.

My least favorite emblems are definitely Roy and Eirika, but the latter I haven’t really used. I’d also say Leif, but he is saved by Vantage

also
There is yet again another “infinite worlds” statement this chapter

My least favorite emblems are definitely Roy and Eirika, but the latter I haven’t really used. I’d also say Leif, but he is saved by Vantage

also
There is yet again another “infinite worlds” statement this chapter
I am aware about the existence of infinite worlds, but doesn't quite say he'd destroy them all. Though he was going to destroy the main universe and was implied the interdimensional portals do that regularly. Though have no doubts Veronica scaling would change it and his method of the portals is similar to Tempest

To me, it seems that on his own, Sombron just has 3-A/Low 2-C via "Environmental Destruction" and his first move is just open the portal and immediately leave

So much for the "infinite power" statement, though it is said that Sombron could just leave, come back, and destroy the world on his own volition, though it's likely via opening the portal but again

Just finished the game, pretty good game, but Three Houses is still my favorite FE game by far

I do wonder though, who even is the Emblem of Foundations Sombron was talking about?

I'd like to say that it's
Anri, but it's debatable just how much Sombron knows about the Emblem of Foundations and what he's misinterpreting or not, but what is entirely without doubt is that the Emblem of Foundations is a hero who both fought and lived alone. It would also be a parallel to Alear's favoritism of Marth if Sombron was obsessed with Marth's predecessor.

There's also the possibility that the Zero Emblem is a yet unknown character

Back