• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!
HDk6hNF.png

I do think we might be getting more than just the Lords (maybe 1 or 2 characters per game?) since you are supposed to be collecting the rings and the Lords appear to be obtained incredibly early on (the party is still low level by the time they have all [known] Lords in the trailer)

I do think we might be getting more than just the Lords (maybe 1 or 2 characters per game?) since you are supposed to be collecting the rings and the Lords appear to be obtained incredibly early on (the party is still low level by the time they have all [known] Lords in the trailer)
I suppose that depends on how big your army is and how many units you can bring into battle. It might be overkill to give a lot of rings beyond the lords and avatars.

I can't wait for the Ferdinand Von Aegir ring.

Unfortunately I kinda doubt he'd have one, I'd imagine more along the lines of Hubert, Dedue, or Three Houses being a special case where its just Byleth + House Leaders, given that would make a total 4 characters (if they're even in)

Watch the villains have their own rings (not just one of the Fell Dragon)

All fun and games until one of the bosses summons Black Knight to fight you 🤔

If FEH characters appear (I mean, Legendary Lucina and Brave Ike are literally in the backstory mural)

RIP Scaling 💀

But yeah, anything characters get Engage should be a part of their profiles, unless IS goes and says Engage isn't canon

Wow they actually put Three Hopes in there, I think the original characters from Cipher 0 and the first Warriors are the only thing missing representation in Heroes wonder if they'll be added someday

Cipher would straight up work in paralogues

Just have them open with "hey we spotted someone in X world who we never heard of before 🤔. Strangely enough they've also been found in the World of Y"

Warriors would work in like, a paralogue + Tempest Trial event, say Velezark is causing some bs with the universes or smth

With how Líf is getting treated by IS you'd imagine he's the Book 3 girl ngl

First to get an upgraded form (just like Fjorm)

Got the Book 3 music video (just like Fjorm)

Got to introduce a new unit type (just like Fjorm)

Said unit type (Rearmed) has benefits that allows you to boost a Hero of your choice (just like Ascended)

In related news, Líf is best girl 😎

Last edited:
I know we need to wait for Engage before we can give a proper judgement, but I actually hope that it doesn't go too overboard with the scaling. I have never been a big fan of loopholes within loopholes for any series whatsoever period as that's prone to cause the biggest controversies ever. I do hope we get better feats and perhaps scaling individual FE universes from Marth's timeline, Tellius games, GBA games and Three Houses all from feats that may outdo Rex Bolt is something I at least look forward to. But Tier 2/1 scaling is something I never liked beyond anything god tier exclusive unless it's a situation where full god tiers are actually far above even that.

SMT has Low 2-C to Low 1-C mid tiers with god tiers being 1-A. And I know TMS has some SMT lore scaling in it; which effecting heroes and later Engage are both possibilities depending on if they decide to introduce characters and what not. But either way, I'm both still really exciting and pretty worried at the same time. I just hope Engage continues to focus on solid story and solid gameplay at the same time and not let the immense fan service shy away from the primary objectives. And I don't think it would be a surprise for this to become the most financially successful FE game to date, even more than Three Houses. But I hope it's also objectively awesome as well as popular. I'm going to keep my hopes up low and avoid expecting it to be the new best FE game or even in the top 5, so that if I'm surprised, I'll be surprised.

Assuming that the Lords in the mural are the only ones that appear

Brave Ike is there because no other Lord can use axes before promotion (except Byleth, but that doesn't exactly count and in Hopes their exclusive class is for Swords)

Legendary Lucina is there because no other Lord can use bows before promotion (except Byleth, who still doesn't exactly count)

inb4 we just keep them separate though, which we kinda already do despite treating FEH as canon (please IS just say contracts do stuff to their statistics please)

Unrelated, but...

Bushes give 30 avoid 💀

Last edited:
Brave Ike is there because no other Lord can use axes before promotion (except Byleth, but that doesn't exactly count and in Hopes their exclusive class is for Swords)

Legendary Lucina is there because no other Lord can use bows before promotion (except Byleth, who still doesn't exactly count)
They could have just used Hector and Claude

I agree, but it appears that they wanted a balance between male and female MCs

It's also probably the reason why Sigurd is using Lances, since using Ephraim over Eirika would detract from the balance

You could also say "just use Female Byleth" but it appears Byleth and Corrin are specifically being used to represent Avatar characters, and having them as opposite genders would have them also be balanced. Also the fan base seems to widely consider M!Byleth and F!Corrin the better design over their counterparts

Last edited:
Though we see Sigurd equipped with Tyrfing in one shot and we also see Marth equipped with a Rapier so i don't think there weapons will be static

Back