• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

It looks nice, but I'm not wowed too much by the guys' outfits themselves. Design wise I mean.

And Tiki's outfit... I need some cope time, still

Byleth though I like the design AND I think the art itself is good too. So no nitpicking there.

Only Heroes OC's past Book IV scale atm
Good to know, I wanted to look into Veronica getting an updated page + her Brave counterpart since it seems overdue, but I wanted to understand the scaling before I even attempted a crack at it.

I don't want to live in a world without Tier 1 Brigand Boss, clearly we need to expand it outside the OCs

I'm in the process of updating Veronica's page rn actually, though I'm gonna save the Tier 1 stuff for later since there is still another revision I need to apply.

Also Smash is now canon btw

X4cIq0R.png

I feel like this might be a repeat of Master Hand and Crazy Hand appearing in Amazing Mirror or Smash Bros being mentioned in Kid Icarus Uprising.

I'm in the process of updating Veronica's page rn actually, though I'm gonna save the Tier 1 stuff for later since there is still another revision I need to apply.
...Well that takes the wind out of my sails a bit. Fair enough though, I'm sure I can work on someone else. Plenty of OCs still left that deserve pages.
Also Smash is now canon btw

X4cIq0R.png
I know this probably isn't even remotely canon but don't the Fate Amiibos refrence Smash too?

You can edit the page if you want, I only just started editing it. I'll work on other pages
Oh don't worry about it, I'm only joking about the timing of me saying that, I'm at work right now, was just planning on doing it. It'd be hours before I can even get started.

I can totally work on other projects when I get back. Might finish a meme blog first even.

I mentioned this earlier, but if the whole Quintessence thing gets accepted, literally every character in the verse will have Type 8 Immortality, and Fate Hax that even works on Type 4 Acausals. Don't plan on making that CRT for some time though

Is there a standard set in place for when abilities work differently in different games? For example, Fallen Star doesn't grant probability manip in Three Hopes, but it does in Three Houses, despite both being canon.

That was kinda a bad example. I guess a better example would be something like certain Heroes Relics nullifying damage in Hopes, but not in Houses. Or the Death spell in Hopes actually having an insta-kill mechanic, but not in any other games.

I think it's all just gameplay mechanics, as opposed to something actually lore established. That's simply backed up by the game mechanics making Crests/Relics so different anyways.

Hopes and Houses are set in the same universe, which should operate under the same (in-universe) rules in terms of powers and abilities. So I think it could be fine to composite them as long as they don't drastically contradict each other.

At least for Hopes profiles, Like Shez.

I suppose we could composite Shez, and other Hopes-exclusives. But we're bound to run into contradictions when we get to everyone from Houses... to which, I suppose it's still a point we can say the newer game in the hierarchy just wins by priority.

I'd actually handwave a lot of discrepancies in abilities to be due to balancing purposes and gameplay changes, yet equally canon (they're literally made by the same people)

Like I said before, things like Fallen Star having you automatically dodge wouldn't work in a game where dodge rates are non-existent

Things like Instant-Kill effects not existing in Houses is also probably part of balancing, imagine any guy with Death just insta-killing you on enemy phase, or cheesing any boss in the game by rigging the RNG so that they'd instantly die (even in Hopes, instant kill effects don't work on commanders so as to give you less room to cheese)

Stuff like the Sublime Creator Sword's effect in Hopes would also be far too powerful in Houses, while it really doesn't matter in Hopes if a character or weapon/effect is too powerful (heck, it's literally the point in Warriors gameplay to be too powerful)

Absolute bare minimum we should consider the animations for Combat Arts (since, barring Astra, unique animations for Combat Arts were non-existent), I'd argue their effects should be considered too, imo

I'd also like to bring up that the timeline split from Houses to Hopes is literally just Arval's interfence on Shez otherwise dying in the tutorial. It's not some massive timeline event that forever changes the powers, abilities, effects, and etc. of Three Houses, just the history from that point onward

We can go a step further on gameplay balance, with things like Hegemon Edel. No freakin' way a lore accurate version of her would miss like a Stormtrooper as the in-game version does.

Yeah, I agree that hax abilities should all be viable. Saying that, "The abilities would be game breaking" isn't really a good counter argument to the canonical existence. All game series are like that; basically turning Goku/Superman level characters into characters who struggle to fight a couple of Batman/Red Ribbon Army level enemies just to give players challenge. And the same goes for hax abilities, we did have a lengthy discussion about status effects and resisting them back in 2017.

Would this only apply to games who share a universe? For AP, I know that we already scale Meteor to 7-C across all games, but abilities might be a different.

Last edited:
The conclusion wasn't that it couldn't be dodged, just that it's highly telegraphed, iirc

idk there might be some Rel or SoL scaling by using some of the "beams/rays of light" attacks, since iirc those come out pretty quickly 🤷‍♂️

There is also a buff called Dodge that reduces damage if your unit is faster than the opponents, and recently, there’s a special called Godlike reflexes that does the same. Though, I don’t know how that would be calced if it even can be in the first place.

Last edited:
Back