• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Yeah, but it seems Sigurd might be mainly lances + Tyrfing due to being legendary

hopefully not, I wanna give him a Silver Sword, the most legendary of all of Sigurd's arsenal

Just as her kidnappers were about to do away with her, Monica’s life was saved by Edelgard, the heir to the Adrestian Empire!

After their encounter, Monica swore absolute fealty to Edelgard, and has been fighting for her liege ever since Edelgard ascended to the throne!

So Monica swore absolute fealty to Edelgard when she was rescued by her during the Academy Phase. Though it become weird that despite being rescued by the different lords in other routes, she is absolutely loyal to Edelgard regardless

It was Edelgard's plan to use Professor Jeritza in order to save Monica

This is why Monica isn't saved in any timeline where Byleth is the professor

Might become irrelevant with Engage, but assuming Byleth is 7-C (Even though they should scale to relics in base imo), the scaling chain is quite high.

15.64 KT = Meteor = Normal Soldier << Child Hubert << Teen Holst/Balthus < Demonic Beast < Edelgard =< Dimitri <<<< Academy Phase Shez << Jeralt <<< Byleth

scaling with Ike soon 😎

Can't believe FE Engage is gonna make my "Ike > 4-A characters" crt for me

and then make it entirely pointless when it's 100% Brave Ike and not just to represent the weapon triangle/Alfonse shows up/scaling to relics

Last edited:
EKReVZcXYAE9YUZ

question does she speak to the manager?

Kind of beginning to realize now how wonky Three Houses scaling is, especially concerning the "Big Three". Enlightened One Byleth was overpowered by an Undead Nemesis, yet Nemesis is stated to have gotten weaker after death. Seiros, who wasn't even in her Immaculate One form was able to kill a Prime Nemesis. Then Rhea goes ahead and makes the statement that the children of the goddess can't hope to match the power of Sothis, which is backed up by the fact that Byleth defeated her Enraged Form in Silver Snow.

Fates definitely is a good game to just play every now and then

Probably my favorite version of the class system, too.

Base Class, Branching Promotions, Heart Seal, Friendship Seal, Partner Seal. Good stuff, hope the Friendship Seal makes a comeback someday

Fates definitely is a good game to just play every now and then

Probably my favorite version of the class system, too.

Base Class, Branching Promotions, Heart Seal, Friendship Seal, Partner Seal. Good stuff, hope the Friendship Seal makes a comeback someday
Honestly I just really love the fact that classes were split between Hoshido and Nohr.

I still like Three Houses class system best; especially with being able to equip pretty much any weapons type regardless of class with a few exceptions. Gauntlets can't be used by magic heavy classes (Excluding the red mage archetype ones such as Mortal Savant or Dark Knights) or mounted units (Unless they dismount). I also like the Orangers (Or what ever the fist powered catapults were called but I remember it started with an O)

Out of the FE Games I've played

In terms of story
1. Three Houses
2. Echoes
3. Awakening
4. Fates

In terms of gameplay
1. Three Houses
2. Awakening
3. Fates
4. Echoes

Ah

Though tbf, if there was like an Octopath Traveler like Merchant Class where their special ability is just finding gold at absolute random each time the "Wait", that would be cool.

Random things i just learned in Mystery of the Emblem Medeus has an effect that Nullifies Magic from being used , Like in this clip here Linde can't cast magic against him, Apparently according to FE Wiki it's an effect of having his Breath attack equipped , Also apparently the Falchion in FE1 gave off a passive seal effect that prevents anyone but Dragons from attacking at close range from attacking the User, Like they would be unable to do anything when they try to attack and couldn't counter attack when Marth attacked them, I'd need to post a CRT for these right?, or does everyone know about these already and it didn't hold up or something?

()

[]

Last edited:
Oddly enough, the original games and remakes are used interchangeably at times. Like in Lost Lore, or more recently, Fire Emblem Engage, where Marth has his FE1 outfit.

Yea that can be weird like in Heroes a ton of Characters bio's like Legendary Hero King Marth list them as being from the original Mystery Of The Emblem, But that Marth also recognizes Kris in Forging Bonds and yea like you said in Lost Lore you can send in Mystery or New Mystery Characters interchangeably for those missions

Last edited:
Yeah, somehow I feel like the games despite supposedly different timelines are semi-composited. Though, game mechanics are often inconsistent, but FE1 Falchion making Marth invincible is probably consistent with the scaling since it seems like backup evidence of Tier 6 durability. Soon to be Tier 2/1 durability via Engage merging Heroes. Or better yet TMS scaling being canon. LOL

I think it's more of a diet Darksphere then invincibility since when enemies try to initiates combat it just says there sealed and can't attack

Last edited:
Yeah, if there are going to be 2-A and Low 1-C upgrades; I hope for them to be god tier exclusive and not a "Multiversal everyone chaos". As those tend to promote a lot of controversy.

I mean there's only some characters who get the scaling outright correct? Like Ike and the First Dragon / Naga scale chain or are you thinking we might just say all the characters are comparable through gameplay and whatnot ?

It doesn't feel like it makes a ton of sense that we wouldn't give it to the Heroes roster outright.

We already base parts of the scaling of the FEH OCs fighting the canons, a bunch of character's contracts were used to fight and slow the OoH down, they're all summoned to Askr to assist so itd be odd they're considered valueable allies but are still fodderized by a differance between sometimes extremes of Tier 8 and Tier 2, and so many characters help fight tempests, or interact in Forging bonds.

I couldn't pinpoint where everyone should be on the chain, but it feels like if they're in heroes they should be on it somewhere.

I get what you mean though imagining people like Donnel being Tier 2 feels weird (Though I'm all for it), It's kind of like the Pokémon thing to me where everyone is meant to be somewhat in the same ball park in game even though logistically they should all be at way different scales of power among themselves finding that balance will be tricky if the FE Engage thing pans out

Last edited:
The difference being they're not all in the sane ballpark just for the gameplay, FEH writes the 'weaker' heroes into the plot often enough I think it's hard to argue they shouldn't be in the chain.

Also...Wouldn't Donnel already be pretty blatently in the chain? We scale the 2-A to the fractions of the first Dragon's Power that even Elise and Sakura possess. Through Inigo, Severa, and Owain, Donnel by our already established Awakening scaling should be 'Sonewhat comparable' anyways.

Like, last I saw the chain, Sakura and Elise were the bottom and that already includes a TON of characters in scaling to 2-A without using anything else that happens in Heroes like Tempests, Lost Lores, Forging Bonds, or enemies using contracts against us.

I just used him as a generic example of a usually non god tier character since he's always the first to come to mind but i haven't been saying there's absolutely no precedent for all the characters to scale to any Heroes stuff, I'm not against it, I just meant only some characters have it directly whereas others might only be in the probably comparable bubble, I know they use like every character in the games story battles , Paralogue battles and other modes, I was moreso just inferring against things like beating Hel with Wrys kind of deal

Last edited:
Reeling this back, you keep making it sound like it's only in the 'likely' ballpark, and that the evidence is loose.

I just don't believe that to be the case. I don't there's any 'probably' in Heroes. I just think everyone absolutely scales and I'm trying to paint that picture. The only part I'm unsure about is where in the 'First Dragon' scaling chain the other scaling chains would link in, because we'd need to double check a lot of the FEH story beats and events for who fights who, outside of gameplay.

I apologies if my wording seems off but I haven't been trying to fight against the entirety of Heroes scaling and i haven't being trying to say anything against evidence , I'm just trying to infer what the difference in scale of someone who's directly in the chain and someone who's not in it is, as well as the nuances of the pre FE Heroes tiers possibly akin to what you're suggesting with the FEH story beats, Like for example canonically only people in the Naga chain are comparable to Grima but if the Heroes stats became canon then everyone in Awakening would get the same 2-A rating which would kill the huge gap that there's normally supposed to between the low and high tiers, I'm just throwing around questions and inquiries I'm not trying to debunk anything

Again that's kinda my point though, we just have so much content I'm fairly confident everyone is in the chain...somewhere

Also there's the fact our current standard is, already, that Heroes is canon anyways, the Heroes profiles are just separate for convenience sake currently. Engage more or may not make us change whatever standard we're going with on that though.

How would it kill the huge gap? 2-A's an infinitely big tier. Even if everyone's 2-A, and can be linked back to the same important feats, it won't make them all equals. The huge gap will still exist, nothing is changing about those relationships.

Back