• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread: Long Live Medeus!

I warmed up to Awakening. I was in a phase where I was sure that this 'New Fire Emblem' style was going to be terrible and I shouldn't bother, and was replaying Sacred Stones on loop while ignoring all the hype.

But, I've really grown on it. So I'm on that side of the divide, I'm perfectly fine with the bigger focus on romance and avatar characters, I'm still having a great time. Fates was...I'll just say I didn't like it politely, but I ended up liking Awakening a lot and I've got high hopes for Three Houses.

(But yeah, I'd love to see my crazy sci-fi meets fantasy Fire Emblem idea happen one day, no matter how 'jump the shark' it might seem.)

Speaking of which, have it in my hands right now...I know what I'm doing for the rest of the weekend.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yup, that sounds legit. Knowing how to punch is far more innovative and advanced than Time Travel or Massively FTL+ space travel. Just look at Dragon Ball, that taught us that very well.

P.S. We got a rule about waiting a few months for major content revisions of a new big hit video game, but I will say we already have a good start for a certain goddess character as well as some good hax.
Its not a big hit, tho.

XitSign said:
(But yeah, I'd love to see my crazy sci-fi meets fantasy Fire Emblem idea happen one day, no matter how 'jump the shark' it might seem.)

Speaking of which, have it in my hands right now...I know what I'm doing for the rest of the weekend.
I dont like this idea. At all. I'd rather have Fates 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. With 100$ season passes.

Fire Emblem has been getting a lot more popular though; and we don't want the same repeated mistake with people having Kingdom Hearts 3 spoiled too soon. That was what was meant. Also, if you want modern technology in a Fire Emblem game, that's pretty much what Advanced Wars is.

Oh trust me, I am totally aware that it's probably a terrible idea, and it would probably give the fanbase wiplash enough to snap thier necks.

...But it's also stupid enough for me to love the absurdity. For the sake of keeping the series consistant and not going completely off the rails, I hope (and bet) it never happens, but if it ever did? I'd ride that sinking ship out of morbid curiosity, and probably have a weirdly good time no matter how bad it is.

That rule is ridiculous and whoever got spoiled should have avoided KH related threads.

Anyway, Imma shut up.

A friend actually got me to play Valkyria Chronicles by saying 'It's like a modern Fire Emblem'. It wasn't quite the same thing but I really enjoyed it either way.

But yeah, I'm aware of Advanced Wars, and Valkyria Chronicles was really fun too, but my idea was more about the novelty of Fire Emblem characters fighting with magic, fantasy weapons, and future technology all mixed together in a disaster like we've never seen before.

The idea only appeals to me just because it's silly and I can't believe I thought that was the plot of Awakening going in. For now I'd prefer Fire Emblem as it is, I'm more a Fantasy lover personally.

Doesn't Valkyria Chronicles have like a World War II setting but has surprisingly better technology than the modern day real world? It's kind of like a similar concept to Metal Gear 3 where Cold War era has Sci-Fi technology.

Kinda? I only played for a little bit, but there was a wide variety when it came to the tech. Some was realistic and time-period appropriate while other bits of tech were far more advanced.

I think the in-story reason is that one of thier main resources is weird to work with, so it's good but flawed when used as a weapon. Don't quote me though, I need to get back into those games to be sure.

I also know some characters from Skies of Arcadia appear as cameos in the Valkyria Chronicles games; although, they did get massive downgrades when it came to showings of power.

I know next to nothing about both series, power wise...or crossovers.

Yikes I really need to sit down and get back to playing VC...aaaaaafter Three Houses

Okay, maybe a separate thread should be made for Three Houses for those of us who haven't beaten it yet (the game literally just came out yesterday)

Anyways, a good base feat could maybe be the fog in Chapter 3? (idk if fog creation really does much though)

Bobsican said:
Hans wants me to send this here, so...
How long did it take? Cause that is a factor too on werher seiros and rhea get a multi continental level feat. From my playthrough, it doesnt say exactly how long it took, that i remembered anyways

She probably just looked up a spoiler on Fire Emblem wiki or something. Anyway, let's please not spoil the game too early, but we can at least make a general discussion just to chat stuff for now.

Also, I just did something no one ever expected me to do.

I'm personally only on Chapter 4 because I spend so much time messing around in the Monistary trying to talk to everyone and do everything I can. The game's good at getting me to sink my time in...

What have you done?

I only played for 3 hours as I do have a full time job, so I can't progress as fast as I used to be able to. But I did the first battle and the first quest; where I greet everyone. Pretty much it. I do look forward to the next 200+ hours though.

this game feels so odd for a fire emblem game, and i mean that in a good way. its so different, and im so into it.

Back