• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread: Long Live Medeus!

I'd have to look into it, but Resistance to cold temperatures may be a thing.

There are ice-breathing dragons and ice magic.

Get yourself a GBA emulator and start playing the old games, boi ovo

Edit: resistance to PNull for Ike and Zelgius as Nihil is activated when faced against other Nihil user.

The problem is that I have a fully functional GBA, and I prefer to play on the real thing than an emulator.

But yeah, I did play the first one in the GBA, but I stopped because I had to buy a new computer

PaChi2 said:
I'd have to look into it, but Resistance to cold temperatures may be a thing.
Everyone from Rigel would have a minor resistance to cold temperatures, Alm was only in Rigel as a newborn and found their cold climate to be natural, while the others complained about it

The ice tribe gets a resistance for basically the same reason, except I'd say it's much colder

I mean, not only the ice tribe, but the ones who fought them and had to tank their ice breath.

Also, Zola and his soldiers literally activated the ice bomb on top of themselves

I also recall a lot of people complaining about the temperature of the ice tribe, Corrin passes out in Conquest because of it

Three Houses looks dope. And yeah, I need to create Low 2-C Velezark at some point.

Well, I already got the Switch for Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Metroid Prime 4, and because I'm hardcore Nintendo supporter in general. But Three Houses and Smash of course are added to the wishlist.

Strongest tomes

Rexcalibur creates air so cold it instantly freezes the surroundings, can we get a calc on how cold it is?

Rexflame creates a terrible mass of flames.

Rexbolt cloud to ground lightning

I think we still have to decide on how storm calcs are done, because the method we're currently using ends up at Low 7-C+, while the proposed method was the Low 7-B end

But at bare minimum, it's a supportive feat to prove that 7-C isn't inconsistent

Well, actually that's VsDebating Wiki's method uses the low end, while we currently use the high end. The low end it technically the more scientifically accurate Cloud density, but there's another detail that it requires an excessive amount of air manipulation in order to move clouds in the first place. Air density is 1.225 kg/M^3 which is actually slightly higher than the 1.003 kg / M^3. Cloud density now is 0.5 g / M^3, but that's not likely going to effect cloud moving feats. Creating/Destroying clouds I heard is a different story though.

Anyone thinking the Ice Bomb from Fates could get calced? Fodder soldiers were unphased even when frozen by it at the epicenter, and if it's considered as inconsistent for scaling or an outlier then it can be "with prep" or "with Ice Bomb" for Zola and Garon (as Zola uses it and iirc states that he got it from Garon, calling it "King Garon's Ice Bomb*)

I'm no expert on Ice calcs, but DarkAnine seems good at those calcs iirc.

It'd probably be really hard as I'm pretty sure it's impossible to ever get to see the entire town, even when fully zoomed out (not sure as I don't have my 3DS right now)

Could we get a calc on rexcalibur? It'd be for a Cold resistance addition to the PoR and RD top tiers.

Edit:

Congratulations Medeus on winning vs Escanor ovo

Anyone have any idea on how we should treat the statement about Brave Heroes being "created by the wishes of mankind"?

On a related note, how should we treat the "foe cannot counterattack" effect?

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Anyone have any idea on how we should treat the statement about Brave Heroes being "created by the wishes of mankind"?
On a related note, how should we treat the "foe cannot counterattack" effect?
Conceptual beings

Surprise attack.

We should treat the "created by the wishes of mankind" statement as irrelevant as it doesn't give any of the brave heroes any unique properties.

It's a best a very aweful form of paralysis.

I don't see why it would be a "surprise attack" as I don't recall a time in which the enemy isn't already aware of your presence by the time a battle begins

By the power of copy and paste Hliðskjálf, Brave Veronica's staff

Should be noted that counterattack means that it only works that way when Veronica initiates combat

Then some kind of restraintment that triggers via direct attacks. Curse manip? limited sealing? limited powernull? idk

Back