• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 3 (Houses): ZA WARUDO is now a green -haired child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
>Claude doesn't have character development.

I beg to differ, this post also begs to differ.
I personally believe that "selfish Claude" is just the facade he puts up during the first part because he doesnt totally trust hid teach. And that "selfless Claude" is the true Claude after he believes he can open up to Byleth.

That's why I didnt see actual developement. I do agree he becomes slightly more mature after the ts.

Also, M > F Byleth because War Master is the peak of manliness and big D energy lol. Punch theeeeem.

I see Claude as someone who while caring, he was someone who didn't really trust others and thus a bit too distant with others. I think Claude's development is more of a thing of trust overall. His development is him truly opening up to Byleth and the others and maturing himself. His development is subtle and not as pronounced as Dimitri, but I disagree in the fact that he lacks development. I also didn't feel like he needed much development compared to the other two as for the most part, he was the most together of the three.

Well, I like more my traumatized, psychopathic, sadistic, violent, vengeful Dimitri.

Not like I dont like Claude. He is the most "normal person" out of the three guys.

I love John Wick Dimitri a ton. Just I adore my Sassy Asshole Claude.

Now that I think about it....Dimitri should be in front of Edelgard on my list....>.>

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I love John Wick Dimitri a ton. Just I adore my Sassy Asshole Claude.

Now that I think about it....Dimitri should be in front of Edelgard on my list....>.>
They killed Dimitri's dog in Duscur, that's what drove him insane.

Female Byleth has 23 possible lovers while male Byleth only as 18 possible lovers + 2 Brothers at Arms. That's why female Byleth is better. She also overall recruits party members faster given that Sylvian will join female Byleth automatically.

Female Byleth + Sothis; that's the best couple here.

Actually, I think Linhardt and Caspar would be a pretty funny shipment. They do have some of the most hilarious support conversations.

I've seen a lot of hate against Edelgard in some playthroughs online and I want to give my take on her

I chose the Black Eagles as my house first and went into this game blind, and then I was caught off guard by Edelgard being the Flame Emperor, I've always been bad at picking up on these clues, so I was hopelessly oblivious when I was hanging with Edelgard and I bonded with her and felt such sympathy for the horrible things done to her, and I don't know what it says about me that I didn't pick up on any evil or dictator overtones, I just usually see the best in people

So when this part of the story happened, I was actually extremely split between the church and empire, The Blue Lions houses lays it out perfectly fine and gives you a pretty picture of how yeah, the empire is evil, I played Silver Snow first and Crimson Flower second, but the point was that I wanted to side with Edelgard because I got to know her, and fell in love with her character, and now, looking back, yeah, I see how corrupt she is, but at the moment, the morally grayness worked for me because I cared about her, if you play Blue Lions first, I feel you don't get a chance to go into Black Eagles unbiased against her and that makes it really hard to feel split later on

Once again, I do not agree with Edelgard politics, and I frankly think my values match most with Claude, but the difficulty of choosing between the Church and Empire was hard for me since I loved Edelgard, and didn't really like Rhea, but I believed more with the church and yet was mellow the empire

Point being, I thought this was a great moral dilemma because I loved Edelgard, and I still do, but now I realize how morally broken she is

I mean, the fact of the matter is that aside from Claude, everyone is morally gray and who you choose to side with depends on your values and who you like also matches that. To be blunt, only reason I didn't side with Edelgard the first time is simply due to me not getting all her relationship points lol. This is due to me honestly not trusting Rhea in my first playthrough due to her being pretty shady. And I kinda assumed that we were going for the whole "objectively evil church route" that's common these days.

But after Verdant Wind and Silver Snow, I became someone who supported Rhea and the Church more than Edelgard and the Empire.

Dimitri is the way to go.

Claude, Rhea, Edelgard are there to tempt you into choosing a wrong path.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Clearly the Gatekeeper is the true best choice.
Talking about best choices.

Do you believe the fifth path will be the "canon" path? Or every path will be considered canon?

Also, doesnt this mean that there are at least 4 timelines in the universe?

I think that if there is a 5th path, it would likely be just as canon as other paths.

Yes, there are in fact 4 timelines in Three Houses.

if we count every epilogue possible with all the possible matching of characthers , there is far more than 4 timeline .

Naeblis495 said:
if we count every epilogue possible with all the possible matching of characthers , there is far more than 4 timeline .
If we start doing that we might as well count saves where X character died as other timelines.

Which would give us a ridiculously high number.

There is an infinite number of timelines according to the overall cosmology of Fire Emblem Heroes.

the sad thing is , i really want to like her, i think that is why i am so pissed at her .She really is the type of characther that i normally enjoy .

But there is just too many hypocrisy going on with her. Knowing in insight what she does , i can't even bear half of her dialogues anymore without my blood pressure rising up .

When she say that her path is the less bloody one : are you for real ?Can you see the future ?you didn't even tried anything else and yet claim that a continental war will be the less bloody path ? get out of here .

When she say to Kostas the bandit " do you really think being born a commoner gives you the right to kill? despicable." : ...are you serious right now? you freaking hired him to kill dimitri ,claude and many other students at the begining of the game . I won't even mention the war you've started, that would be hypocrisy overkill .

When she say that the war is for the people : are you for real? , do you have any ideas how many "people" you've killed with your goddamn war ?Most of them didn't ask for any of that .

When she say that the church is evil because it destroy anyone that oppose it and manipulate all of fodland : huh...you do the exact same things only far worse you dumbdumb.

When she say that she hate TWSITD and their experiments : yeah , maybe , but you still don't do jack shit to stop them and even gladly allow and profit from those same experiments for years even after you've regained enough power to fight all of fodland at once .

Here a few things that would make edelgard far better in my eyes :

-She must try dialogue against rhea , dimitri or claude at least once BEFORE she start the war .I don't ask it to work , i just ask of her to show me that she know to do things other than to crush the continent to bloody paste as a first action.

-She must fight TWSITD first , i don't ask of her to destroy them completly in one go but atleast show that as soon as she regain somewhat control of the empire , she tries to purge them from it as soon as possible . After doing that , she can turn her eyes to the church and carry on the war like normal . That would show me that she truly despise them and care about the people at least a bit instead of working with them for years doing nothing against them .

-She must stop her grand speeches about "for the people" , "ending tyrany" "I fight for the greater good" or " i will lead fodland to a new dawn" ,All the while burning the continent to cinders and spilling seas of blood for years . It really doesn't go together especially when the continent was somewhat at peace before her bullshit . If she think her actions are neccesary , she must own up and do them without hiding behind a great cause to justify them or doing sad faces.

@Naeblis495

Oh, I know she is hypocritical and should absolutely talk it out first, she's blindly assuming the worst of the church, like how Dimitri blindly blamed her for the tragedy of Duscur, but the difference is, Dimitri changed for the better, while Edelgard refuses to do so at all, and letting TWSITD do what they do is insane, but I still love her, because I learned who she was before all that stuff, but I can totally see why people wouldn't like her, depending on what route you chose and what your political beliefs are, I however, experienced her first and it allowed me to feel sympathy for her as a human being, it just means I like the villain, I really can't sympathize with her politically at all tho

I also love Edelgard, on the other routes, I'm starting to consider her the new best antagonist in the series. Yes, I finally have my very unpopular opinion of my name being the best villain in all of fiction being reconsidered. But Edelgard is truly a magnificent and iconic character for such as truly magnificent game despite her psychotic ways and her "I have no free will" persona.

I want the Three Houses cast to interact with the previous FE cast so bad. Like, Rhea and the Nabatians meeting the Manaketes and then Edelgard, Claude and Dimitri meeting like Marth or Chrom.

I did hear about some loose references to Naga/Tiki, but I don't think we considered it enough, plus I don't know where specifically.

Also, I plan to write some in depth character breakdowns for some of the lesser characters based on my interpretations of them. My first ones are two of my favorites, Caspar and Cyril. Who do you think I should do afterwards?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I did hear about some loose references to Naga/Tiki, but I don't think we considered it enough, plus I don't know where specifically.
There are the Three Regalia. Dunno if that helps.

Also, I want Hubert meeting Soren.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also, I plan to write some in depth character breakdowns for some of the lesser characters based on my interpretations of them. My first ones are two of my favorites, Caspar and Cyril. Who do you think I should do afterwards?
John Wick.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Dedue and Bernadetta are next then.

btw you know what I miss? Gryphon Riders...
Really? Gryphon riders only appear in Awakening iirc.

Things I miss/I'd change:

1) Generals/Barons (as in, third tier armored infantry units)

2) Hero promotion (not necessarily Ike's).

3) Summoners (love them. Third tiered Dark Magic casters).

4) Dark Falcon knights (flying magic)

5) Mounted lord (THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DIMITRI'S PERSONAL CLASS)

6) For whatever reason EMPEROR EDELGARD CANT USE MAGIC.

7) Crests should be... More relevant. They are too important for the plot to be so lame gameplaywise.

8) Giving orders to NPCs (I believe this is PoR and RD-only?).

9) MANAKETES.

10) More Dark magic users. Also make Dark magic less OP, and buff offensive white magic.

11) Witches. Give the Gremory class the teleport skill.

12) Some kind of "Soldier" promotion tree (no lance based infantry is sad).

13) Ballistae. Sooo cool. Maybe as a promotion for Snipers. Or a special class.

14) Enemies can use combat arts.

15) More flying batallions, please.

Yeah, Dark Fliers. Although, War Masters using those long ranged brawling tools are also great.

You know:

6) could easily be fixed and it'd make Edelgard muuuuch better in her personal class. Because I believe that the three of them should have a good personal promotion, currently its only Claude's (and arguably the best class in the game, too).

Edelgard's magic and spells are good, but for whatever reason she cannot take advantage of them as a fricking armored class (who, mind you, has terrible mobility compared to Barbarossa).

Dimitri's personal classes arent worth it when they are clearly inferior to both Warmaster (infantry) and Wyvern Lord. As a Mounted Lord he'd be at least comparable to Wyvern Lords in some aspects.

I just feel that Claude got the long stick by far.

Also, please give Dimitri a better personal combat Art. His weapon's is the worst out of the trio BY FAR.

It goes Edelgard(move again if attack lands, up to 5 times per battle. Its broken hands down) >>> Claude (immunity to damage in enemy phase) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dimitri (the heck is that "effectivity" supposed to do?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back