• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 3 (Houses): ZA WARUDO is now a green -haired child

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaChi2 said:
"She also had to bear the murderers of her people be acclaimed as heroes for 1k years."
The church of Seiros called them Heroes.
yeah , for the sake of peace .

doesn't mean it doesn't hurt .

Ted Ed said:
Excuse me....

Are you kidding me? As far as i know Three Houses does not scale to the Akaneia Timeline.
We scale meteor the same way for all series. Three Houses is no different.

yeah , for the sake of peace .

doesn't mean it doesn't hurt .

Rhea chose to spread lies instead of the truth regarding Nemesis, the Heroes and what happened in Zanado.

She didnt want the people to find out the truth so twisted that story. She had 1000 years to correct it if it were that painful.

so that the humans betray her again ? why would she do that ?

her people already tried coming clean with humans and with the best intentions possible and still got almost wiped out because the humans betraying that good will .

madness is trying to do the same things expecting differents results .

I doubt twisting the history hurt her that bad to hide the truth about Nemesis and protect the descendants of the nobles.

Why would they betray her if they knew about the genocide? Is fodlan plagued by psychos or something?

That passiveness also lead to Edelgard's treason anyway.

I mean, to be fair, considering what humans have done in the past...she does have a reason to not truat humans with too much.

no , edelgard started her war because she believed every lies TWSITD fed her and never tried to even talk to rhea or anyone really .

and as i said , rhea's people already tried coming clean and in peace to humans, it worked wonders apparently .

Im confident edelgard would have never attempted to take the stones if she knew what they were.

Also, that goes both ways (especially Byleth, lol), nobody tried to talk to the other side.

Edelgard started her war to destroy the nobility system that the Church was promoting in which Crests decided who was valid to rule. Simple as that.

Im not saying that distrusting humans wasnt natural, Im saying that trying to cover up the tragedy and building an unfair nobility system wasnt the right choice.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Everyone made bad choices tbh.
That's why we had a war. A chain of bad decissions. You cant just blame a party or character for everything. Im agreeing with you here.

And we still dont fully know the Agarthian's tale.

PaChi2 said:
Im confident edelgard would have never attempted to take the stones if she knew what they were.
in the tomb you mean ? so you mean that she is ready to kill thousands upon thousands of people with her war but will not rob graves ?

no , edelgard is clearly ready to do anything to suceed . She will ally with the devil himself( pretty much does it , it's hard to do worse evil than TWSITD) she will kill as many as she have to , no matter if it's innocents peasants, soldiers defending their homes , fellow classmates or childhood friends .

robbing graves is the least of her crimes .

"And we still dont fully know the Agarthian's tale." A group of humans who after profiting from rhea's people technologies thought themselves as gods , got bodied after tried to betray them , got mad and retreated underground and then planned revenge on the world .

i did but i don't judge her on her route , i judged her on all routes as a whole .

And in 3 out of 4 routes , she is heartless tyrant that will do anything to achieve victory .

so she is more consistent as an evil bad guy

claude is more consistent as an all around good guy

dimitri is consistent as tortured lad that goes mad for revenge . Almost the same for rhea in CF .

So you judge her based solely on the other's perspective, alright.

i judged her at her most consistent , just like every other characther. But i guess "judging as a whole" is too complicated of a concept for you.

she could have been the embodiment of kindness in her route , it wouldn't matter to me when she is a heartless tyrant in all other routes .

If claude was only a good guy in GD but changed complelty in all other routes , i won't judge him solely on his GD actions .

But guess what ? claude and dimitri stay consistent.

Edelgard does not stay consistent but remain a bad guy in the majority of routes , therefore it is how i treat her .

You dont see Edelgard's good side in any other route because, ya know, you are fighting her in the other routes.

You dont know about Edelgard's backstory in any other route because you cant have supports with her or talk to her.

If you want to skip all of this information when judging Edelgard's character, go ahead. But you are being clearly biased, just so you know.

This is as if you tried to judge post-ts Dimitri's character without knowing about his past or anything to him. He'd come to you as a sadistic, bloodlusted individual. But if you take into account the rest, you see that he is tormented and stuff.

Just saying. Judging Edelgard without knowledge of her route is no better than judging Rhea by Crimson Flower alone. You can criticize one without criticizing the other. You need all perspectives to judge a character in this game.

so you really don't know the concept of "whole" .i know her backstory, played her route but i will still judge her based on what she does in all of them.

She act as a heartless tyrant in 3 routes , killing any and everyone in her path and is ready to do anything to achieve victory

She act a bit more chill in her own route , try to reduce casualities and stuff but still start a war , still slaughter thousands upon thousands , still ally with and profit from TWSITD etc...

yeah , dimitri post time skip have gone crazy and will kill anyone in his path in his murder quest for edelgard and i would not hesitate to put him down if he come for me or my childrens.But i would still empathize with him way more as he is just another victim of edelgard's bullshit .

Knowing her backstory doesn't change anything ,whether i know it or not ,she still does mostly the same things and have the same goals in all of the routes.

i played her route in second , guess what , it didn't do much to better my opinion of her , it even have worsened it with how stupid , hasty and hypocritical she was in it .

What , should i change my opinion of her because she make sad faces T-T while beheading her chilhood friend ? she could behead him while laughing her ass off , it still didn't change the fact that she murdered him without mercy nor gave him a chance at redition or planned his assassination 5 years prior.Even murder hobo Dimitri offer her two chances in the BL route.She straight up refuse the first and actually tried to kill dimitri when he offered mercy.

" bu-but my sad backstory" Lysithea have gone through the same experiments as edelgard, her siblings also died horrible and painfull death and suffer an even worse fate because of her reduced lifespan. But strangely enough, she doesn't want to f*ck the whole continent over like edelgard, she just want to secure a good life for her parents at her calmest and destroy TWSITD at her worse .Because she isn't a bad person , unlike edelgard .

Okay, just got back from work, and a lot of posts. I know the typical debate between Rhea and Edelgard, but I once again heard Ted Ed was trolling.

You do realize Three Houses has a bunch of feats as well as Bolganone and Meteor; which are already calculated at 8-A and 7-C respectively. Catherine's Thunderbrand can shatter mountains. There's plenty of storm feats that often get Low 7-B results at minimum. And Javelins of Light should get really great results; just need a proper calculation.

Last but not the least, Sothis at her peak is Low 2-C.

The funny thing is that I didnt know that Edelgard killed Dimitri in such a way until I looked it up. In my run Dimitri died in Dedue's arms. In peace.

For instance, Edelgard is the lord I like the least due to some of the reasons you listed.

But let's just agree to disagree.

I don't even remember Edelgard mocking Dimitri, I actually recalled her being sympathetic towards killing Dimitri. He may have complemented him for his strength, but she wasn't happy about killing anyone like what people seem to imply whenever I here the term "mocked". El was once again, someone living a lie.

And oh yeah, Lysithea was great in Black Eagles and I like how they gave you the option to recruit her.

Funny thing that you mentioned Lysithea when she is the only character in Crimson flower (or the whole game) that you can recruit post time skip. Ignoring Gilbert and Lorenz because 1 is locked to that route and the other needs to be recruited prior iirc.

Btw:

Would you have liked Nadir to join the battle in GD?

Would you have liked Claude to join you the other routes after you spare him?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I feel the same about the BE route. Its the worst route. What bothers me the most is that the timeskip is preceded by a bunch of dialogues while in the other routes you get a full cutscene.

i'm not saying she mocked dimitri when she killed him , i'm saying that it make no difference to me that she made sad faces while doing it .

she could have put on any other kind of expressions on her face while doing it , it doesn't change the fact that she still did it with no mercy or planned his assasination ( along other students) 5 years prior .

But what is even more mind boggling is that you are given the choice to kill or spare claude , pretty much a nobody in edelgard's eyes, with no emotional conection to her, but she kill without mercy her childhood friend ?

What kind of sick and twisted mind to you need to do that ? Both are generals of forces that oppose her so it really really doesn't make sense to me .

i understand her goals and why she want to achieve those goals but i really don't understand even 10% of her actions to reach said goals.

Why do she consider war , assasination and allying herself with evil incarnate as a first action when she didn't even TRIED anything else ?

Oh, I forgot to say that I would also rank Edelgard lower. And Sothis higher.

I still like Edelgard due to her complex personality and as an overpowered Unit. I know she's the edgy anti-heroine and that her own route is watered down, but her writing as a character is still excellent regardless. Despite the execution of her writing, I wouldn't quite consider her as likable as Claude and his laid back nice guy persona; and having the best route. But I do think I prefer her as a character over Dimitri. Whom I also consider amazing as well, but it takes more than a meme to get higher on the list.

I agree that Sothis is #1 though.

I didnt mean to rank edelgard much lower, probably upper rank A.

Sothis should make it to rank S easily imo.

Best route is Blue Lions bruh.

Psycho dimitri best character. Dimitri, unlike both Edelgard and Claude, has actual character development.

"Kill every last one of them!" Also, Female Byleth > Male Byleth for obvious reasons.

How can someone like female byleth and those disgusting thights design ?

If it weren't for that it would be pretty close.

I personally think both male and female Byleth look pretty cool, but the only thing that makes me like male Byleth more is the eyes. They do a very good job at portraying his deadpan personality. But female Byleth's eyes and her expression throw me off a little sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back