• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 3 (Houses): ZA WARUDO is now a green -haired child

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL yes, and I agree Nemesis is the one singing God-Shattering Star.

Wait, that wasn't already officially confirmed? OvO

Anyway, goodbye, I still need to finish the game so see yoy guys later

SPOILERS.

Let's talk about how Edelgard becomes the final boss in the Blue liones route thanks to the two crests she owns due to the experiments carried on by Those Who Slither in the Dark, who are the true enemies responsible for Jeralt's death? If she could become Hegemon Husk in her Route it'd be dope, she can act twice in that form.

Tfw DK can mean Demon King, Death Knight, Donkey Kong...

Apart from some disagreements here and there, which is fine since this is what you like, I'm actually very curious as to why you have rated Jeritza/Death Knight that high.

It mostly comes from my perception of Jeralt.

Jeralt has this real badass vibe to him, coupled together the fact that he is actually a caring guy. He always just stuck with me as a character. While I knew he'd die because....well...parents aren't allowed to live in Fire Emblem. I was kinda sad. Basically, I just always liked him.

Jeritza is just a badass character imho and his mysterious nature bumped him up for me. However, his short interactions with Mercedes bumped him up as I do get to see some of his personality outside of the badass powerhouse. Thus I look forward to his new interactions with the DLC.

What are your disagreements btw?

>Parents arent allowed to live in Fire Emblem.

>Looks at Awakening and Fates.

>Looks again.

(Also, idk where the jeralt thing came from, maybe you misread my comment?)

Disagreements:

Rhea. Felix. Sylvain. Raphael. Lorenz. Hubert. Ignatz. Caspar. Dorothea. Ashe. Manuela.

The ones in bold I'd rank them higher. The others, lower, much lower in Rhea's case.

I dunno why I read Jeralt when you wrote Jeritza lol.

Anywho for my likes that you mentioned,

Rhea: Rhea's up on my list as I like her as a character and the role she plays. She and Edelgard are next to each other due to me liking nearly equally with Rhea taking a higher spot seeing as I side with her over Edelgard. Rhea and Edelgard are two complex characters who have opened countless in depth conversations on who is more moral, who is more sympathetic, what is X character's true nature, etc. This is something that would not have happened if these two were boring and shallow characters who were objectively on one side of the spectrum. While I consider Rhea closer to being morally white than Edelgard, it really isn't a big gap and both are still firmly gray imho. And I still heavily disagree with many actions Rhea has made and yet I still sympathize with her motives and actions moreso than Edelgard's who I still sympathize with. I will still defend her no matter what however. Edelgard and Rhea basically showed me that this story isn't simply black and white and whose side you are on depends on your own morals and ideals. Also, this really put Rhea's nature in perspective for me which made me like her even more.

Ignatz: He's an adorkable art nerd.....kinda like me (although I can't paint to save my life). I just really gravitated towards him as a character, it doesn't take much to stick with me tbh.

Caspar: He was a favorite of mine's from the start. I instantly gravitate towards the energetic and upbeat characters (usually) and Caspar didn't disappoint. Despite how simple he appears on the surface, he has a lot of depth with determining how to really enforce his personal view on justice and learning that simply killing villains will not solve the issue. He's also a dork and he cracks me up. His supports with Bernie and Ashe are also very wholesome.

Dorothea: .......Meteor.....I guess you want more than that huh? Well, to be blunt, her supports with Ferdinand von Aegir (gotta say the whole name) is what put her where she was. She was someone who interested me overall and I wasn't disappointed.

Ashe: Wholesome as ****. He's a dork (I like dorky characters). His personal struggles are heartwrenching and he just makes me smile. Nothing more to say honestly.

Manuela: This is an example of "Dragon is easy to please". Honestly...she just made me laugh. Not much else. I never even used her in battle once lol.

Now for those who you said you'd put higher.

Felix: Just never liked him. He seemed to needlessly be an asshole. Like I get his backstory and all, but I felt he was still too over the top. I never got to the point in which I liked him as a character, just as a unit.

Sylvai: Eh. I tried liking him, however he just never did it for me. The whole "womanizer" shtick gets old when the reason for it doesn't justify it in my eyes. That's just me. Still liked him as a unit though.

Raphael: I....actually debated putting him higher as he's another wholesome character. However, I didn't get drawn with him as the characters above. I think it's the design.

Lorenz: Basically the same as Raphael tbh. Although his Post-TS design is pretty cool...that pre-TS design has got to go.

Hubert: Funnily enough, he used to be much lower until I bothered to read his supports and get more of his personality. He grew on me a lot and I can to like his dark personality. Just wasn't enough to put him above the others above him. Which is what a lot a characters on this list suffer from.

The list is pretty well made; though, I like Sothis the best for obvious reasons. And of course all the lords are at the top, with Claude being the most likable in terms of personality. He's the most laid back and open-minded of the three main lords; though, the Black Eagles are overall the best of the three houses. Yes, Caspar is amazing indeed as he's a real powerhouse who can punch monsters to death; though not quite as fluently Edelgard does. And even though Hubert is pretty dark, he becomes much more likable and badass if you view all his supports and everything. Though, I honestly would have liked to see Linhardt higher on the list.

So...is it just me or does it seem that Caspar gets targeted more than other characters? What if they actually implemented story into gameplay with Caspar who is known to yell like a madman in battle?

It is tpyically characters with a low defense and/or resistance that that gets targeted in more FE games. And this holds true even if characters make up for it with high agility and/or HP.

I find it satisfying when Caspar dodges an attack and proceeds to kick the shit out of the opponent as a result.

I love this comment I found on Reddit

"Rhea: and here he comes. The perfect replacement professor.

Seteth: Captain Jeralt? my my lady rhea an excellent choice. His experience is paramount and it appears one of our students has already studied under him. Don't know how you convinced him to come back but im thankful you did.

Rhea: Not him silly. The other guy. with green hair.

Seteh: oh.... and who exactly is that lady rhea?

Rhea: I dunno."

Also, I hope the DLC story will give us more Rhea supports to see more of her personality aside from what we see in story.

LOL, though slight error. Byleth had blue hair at the time. And I also agree that DLC story gives us more info. But I have a feeling the Immaculate One form is inevitable either way. But hopefully she lives even if that is the case.

She lives in Silver Snow if you S-Rank her btw.

I feel like Silver Snow and Crimson Flower really dropped the ball in how things should have went. SS should of had Rhea be playable and so that she could go through a constant development. The issue I have with Rhea's development is that we don't see it until she is saved. We don't see her progression to her remorseful state, it just happens. We also never truly get to see things from purely her point of view like we do for the others. And unlike Edgelord, John Wick and Upside-Down boi, Palutena here doesn't get to support with anyone else. (I wonder if anyone will get these jokes). Like if it wasn't for Golden Deer....She'd be much lower on my list.

tl;dr Playable Rhea needs to happen.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
LOL, though slight error. Byleth had blue hair at the time. And I also agree that DLC story gives us more info. But I have a feeling the Immaculate One form is inevitable either way. But hopefully she lives even if that is the case.
Yeah, I had to read it twice because at first I didnt realize she was talking about Byleth.

I dont want a playable Rhea if she is not a manakete.

We dont need more can-do-everything characters.

And I hope Jeritza has something too.

I mean, she notable has her own unique classes in game so you can just use those. Her being a "can-do-everything" doesn't change how her inclusion as a playable character would make sense (and make Silver Snow much better)

Actually, considering Edelgard and Rhea are both Bi, how would everyone react to them becoming a couple?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean, she notable has her own unique classes in game so you can just use those. Her being a "can-do-everything" doesn't change how her inclusion as a playable character would make sense (and make Silver Snow much better)
Not necessarily, you can have relevant NPCs even if they cant participate in battles. Zelgius and Sephiran, Jagen in part 2 (Mystery of emblem), so on, so on. The fact that Rhea disappears for most of the second part is the lackluster thing.

But I agree it'd make SS more unique. She'd be a Lord or sorts.

Except it would make more sense for her to be a playable character as I highly doubt Rhea is just going to have you fight Edelgard without her being involved after she took Garreg Mach. She'd be more hands on at this point.

I would also love to see her become someone who interacts with others and thus we see her get into some wholesome and quirky situations. Something Rhea severely lacks.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Except it would make more sense for her to be a playable character as I highly doubt Rhea is just going to have you fight Edelgard without her being involved after she took Garreg Mach. She'd be more hands on at this point.

I would also love to see her become someone who interacts with others and thus we see her get into some wholesome and quirky situations. Something Rhea severely lacks.
Remember that time she fought alongside you in the tomb after Edelgard's treason? Yeah, me neither.

It'd make sense for her to join them in that chapter, however (I hoped for it during my first playthrough tbh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back