• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy discussion thread II: Fighting the Empire

Yeah, it's not quite a crush per se, at least not openly, but Tseng does have a thing for Aerith, and it is mentioned that it made his job complicated at times.

I have been wondering, if Cloud wasn't weakened and had half as* resolve at the beginning of the movie, would he had solo'd all 3 remnants at the forest? Considering he "sorta" defeated 2 of them when he was weakend

Well, without Geostigma he had very little trouble with Kadaj, so it's likely he could have defeated both Loz and Yazoo at once as well, even if his motivation to win had been little beyond simple self-defense.

Yeah, we aren't giving every single character a Dissidia key, it's just some characters like Shinry, Chaos will be Tier 2 and the FF1 Protagonists will be Tier 2.

When it comes to Dissidia would the originals on the PSP, NT and Opera Omnia all be included? the latter in particular has 2-C and infinte speed implications.

Gilgamesh won't be Low 2-C, but his transformed state would still be 3-C and FTL+; would scale to quite a few characters though.

I'm still happy WoL is getting a high tier (perhaps his Cosmos Crystal can help him with the hax resistances department).

It was short lived, but ceiling high 4-A Squall was pretty awesome while it lasted.

Still don't understand why the cast was upgraded and without a CRT. I know they are stronger than their summons but it's not known by how much. Honestly they should be At Least 4-A, Likely 3-C. That sounds alot more reasonable same with XIII and V

Considering it's literally a hair away from 3-C, Everlasting said 3-C is reasonable.

Not saying it's not reasonable but considering the gap between characters and summons is unknown. Even if it's really close since summons are 8.1 Zettafoes and Galaxy Level starts at 10.something, I forget what specifically it might not even be enough for a garuntee. 4-A should definetly be there with a VERY likely 3-C. Assuming FFV and XIII-2 are around the same levels they should scale as well.

Man it feels like every video game character is getting upgraded these days. We need FF Upgrades to be proven fact...so we can join the fray.

Well, Low 2-C Warriors of Light, Chaos and Shinryu are on the way if I understood Medeus correctly. 4-B Zack and Genesis are also a on the way it seems, though baseline (I'm still working on profiles myself, but those don't touch the tiers, are mostly based on skillsets, but if they go through VII will get a big expansion of hax and resistances).

Yeah, pretty much. But waiting on Everlasting to further confirm the Tier 2 stuff.

I don't think so. I saw a thread about FFIX becoming 3-A don't know how that is going. Though currently playing through the FFXIII trilogy to see if Lightning can get upgraded to 2-C and depending on how VIII Remastered comes certain things are stated in the game the party could go to Low 2-C. FFXV Dawn of the Future is coming soon so Noct, Luna, Aranea and Ardyn depending on what's there could get upgraded to tier 5.

FFVIII Remaster... welp another one to the "Must Play" list (hope the rumor is true and it does have voice acting).

I think Everlasting was checking if XIII could go into 2-A.

I wouldn't count on Dawn of The Future, from what I've heard it would be consistently High 6-A. Could be wrong tho.

TartaChocholate said:
FFVIII Remaster... welp another one to the "Must Play" list (hope the rumor is true and it does have voice acting).
I think Everlasting was checking if XIII could go into 2-A.
THE RUMOR IS TRUE AND IT DOES HAVE WHAT!? *Secretly campaigns for Matt Mercer to replace Doug Erholtz* And wasn't 2-A FFXIII rejected before?

Hst master said:
I wouldn't count on Dawn of The Future, from what I've heard it would be consistently High 6-A. Could be wrong tho.
That's a shame. Sure there will be at least Hax upgrades. Hell we still haven't even did hax upgrades for Episode Ardyn's release earlier this year.

2-A comes from statement about destroying all possibilities, and another statement that there exists in infinite number of possibilities. Everlasting wasn't 100% certain, but it's not completely off the hook given the consistency of Final Fantasy. And it was 1-A or High 2-A that was rejected, not 2-A.

Where does that second statement about infinite number of possibilites come from? I ask because for the first part the Mario franchise has something similar and are listed as 2-B and not 2-A

Mario said Countless, not infinite. Or that it approaches infinity, not that it's actually infinity.

>Cloud is super solider injected with alien cells

>Can't lift a steel piece from Cid's leg and actally need the help of a middle aged women, which actually work.

Replaying some FFVII scenes is giving me a headache. Cloud can wield the Buster with one arm, how can he not lift a piece of steel?

Back