• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy discussion thread II: Fighting the Empire

I already have everything ready in fact, there is only one scan that I could not find in English and I do not know if they will accept it in my language

Chronodia might actually be 2-A and WoL could still scale from her, but we're still waiting for more elaborate confirmation.

@Zer00, not offence, but if it's the 1-A stuff again, no one agrees with that and it's best not to bother with those proposals.

Woo, rock on Fighter McWarrior!

I apologize for the insistence, but which games are being currently discussed in the group? If it can be said, of course... don't want to be intrusive if that stuff is preferred to remain private or so >_>;

Pretty much the entire FF verse as a whole. But we're working on the games piece by piece. Glass is currently replaying the original Final Fantasy and Ever is playing FFII. Poor Numbersguy has Mystic Quest though.

no one agrees but no one has arguments to refute, they just deny it as "we're talking about FF, it's not like the level is so high" so much so far that my CRT is open for discussion and no one has made any argument.

Besides the fact that I now have even more information about games including one on a multidimensional space.

and that was before there was the "beyond dimensional existence" page that changes a lot and still states my argument, so I intend to make a blog bringing this new information and organizing better.

Honestly... IMHO the game is not terrible, it's not incompetently made given the easy difficulty is a deliberate design choice, but overall it really doesn't have anything to really stand out, especially compared to his SNES era peers.

Mystic Quest is not overly horrible for certain, but it is mediocre at best. Though, Projared's review of it was entertaining however. If there's one thing cool about it, it's the enemy sprites gradually appearing wounded that's a pretty cool feature.

Nah, I didn't mean it in the "it's horrible and better to forget" kind of way. Perhaps it was just too frustrating for my kid's mind back then.

@Medeus: Stop Skeletons from Fighting also offers a more positive review of it, also acknowledging it's shortcomings. To be fair, it did have some cool stuff as you say. It had some pretty catchy music as well.

@Pachi: I personally haven't.

@Tarta well if you own a ps4 I think you should play it. It feels fresh and enjoyable. And the characters are likable.

I have considered it, but still have a lot of catching up to do... first gotta finish Majora's Mask, then move to KH3, then finally play XV

And Octopath Traveller is still waiting for its turn.

I started replaying FF7 thanks to the Switch making it downloadable. And yeah, Octopath Traveler is amazing and I got some WIP profiles in my Sandbox.

Let's Hope The FFVII being passed for a PS4 game goes well then we can talk about other older games having pass for a PS4 game.

Yeah, even though I wish they made an actual remake for FFVII instead of using the PS1 graphics, but good to know they added the 3x speed feature. The game's still awesome though.

Well we live in a time where censorship, wokeness and political correctness are at an all time high so unfortunately it's not surprising. Just look at what happened with Mortal Kombat to point out 1 of MANY examples.

I can see that, both extremes can get pretty frustating to be honest. The confirmation that it was indeed censorship (and not a stylistic choice as I previously thought) pretty much reduced the remake to political debate, the hell with any news on the game itself. It's tiresome. I mean... you make a game with a heroine one group will accuse you of objectifying and not being proper representation, the other will complain of having an agenda because your main character is a girl so you're obviosuly giving in to political correctness. =V

I think DOA6 also wanted to be more chaste initially... which was... not well received.

So... What kind of remake/remaster do you expect for One Winged Angel?

Regarding censorship... As long as I can get my cross dressing Cloud and Zack flashback, Im fine with the rest.

The Honey Bee Inn and don Corneo's mansion were confirmed to be included, though Nomura did mention they had to tone down a bit. In all honesty, I can see why on that one, unless they are using an M rating for the game, exploring a brothel in the realistic style and detail of the remake would push things with the ratings, especially nowadays, but it's not know what exactly (he could mean Bukki and his friends stripping Cloud naked and forcing him in the Jacuzzi for example). But we'll have to wait and see.

However, this pretty much confirms Miss Cloud. Which totally should remain as an alt costume

On other news:

• Independent and Command materia weren't confirmed per se, but were noticed in footage by fans, so those seem to be coming back.
  • There is MP for casting spells, and you need items to recover it, unlike Kingdom Hearts where it regenerates. So this means more careful resource management.
  • Dialogue choices and changes to scenes are also back (though no confirmation if they create grand scale changes or just short term ones, but I think it will be short ones given the story is set and the game is episodic).
  • Every character has a more distinct fighting style but also good and bad matchups against different enemies, so greater variety among the cast beyond their Limit Breaks.
  • New areas to explore, new enemies in those areas of course.
  • The evil fog are actual characters, called "Watchmen of Fate" (kinda a pretentious name, but may indicate they are not just mooks like the Sephy clones are may be more important figures), and seem to be based on a discarded concept of the original game for the Sephiroth clones.
  • The entire english cast was replaced but only for the remake, Steve Burton, George Newbern, Rachel Leigh Cook, etc. will still play the characters in other FFVII projects. The reason has not been explained, the only rule seems to be that Sephiroth must be played by Superman.
I personally think Safer Sephiroth will use traditional orchestrated One Winged Angel and he will have a new form that uses a new remix of it (before the battle in the mind with Cloud).

Zack flashbacks would be great, but they have to be careful to give away too much info between him and Cloud for those still unfamiliar with the story (granted which aren't many but still).

Don Corneo had to be toned down unless they went full M. Corneo was blatantly going to rape the character.

I wonder if they'll include the x4 attack and mimic materia.

It shouldn't be hard to do so. Double Cut could work that instead of the character attacking 2 to 4 times, each single attack deals damage several times (maybe it deals a little less damage or consume MP or ATB to balance it out). Mimic could be added but more restricted given there are more individual abilities this time around, but still work with Items, Summon and Magic.

Soo... a bit of trivia. Apparently the issue with Tifa was a misTranslation and she wasn't exactly censored per se, as much as her new design originally followed her original shape closely but due to the physics of the game engine her breasts jumped around a lot during action scenes. So the sports bra was added to keep them in place because of how odd it looked. This is going with Tifa's more Sporty look as well, given it was fitting for her overall character and style which was the intention. However, sites took the initial translation and ran with the idea of censorship which exploded.

The Ethics Department, despite it's dictatorial sounding name, seems to be less about being correct and more about trying to avoid issues with ratings such as CERO and the ESBR so the game doesn't suffer in sales.

Not trying to change anything, but hey good to know.

Though this whole deal also led to some funny stuff, like this. A guy jokingly complaining about how they censored Cloud's "juicy knob turners".

Also, here's Cloud and Tifa in a Yoshitaka Amano-esque style. Credits to this user. He/she says they want to work with Nintendo, I say they're on a pretty good way to it.

May I ask why Tifa profile says she's scale to Cloud? are we talking about game Cloud or AC Cloud? IIRC AC Cloud was stronger than the whole party put together even when he was weakend except Vincent I think.

Back