• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Well this is long overdue, might as well get this out of the way so the pages would be cleaned up.

Tiering

Let's get the tiering out of the way. First off the MHS+ calc is not exactly up to snuff with the ratings we have for speed. The calc has Bahamut's speed at 72,041 m/s. And doing basic conversion to Mach speed would put this at Mach 210, which is just Massively Hypersonic, not Massively Hypersonic+, which requires at least Mach 1000+, so they should be downgraded from that.

Second thing is to update the calc that was accepted here for the High 6-A ratings.

Third is to remove the 5-B rating Xande has. First off why does being dangerous to mankind automatically mean it can destroy the planet? At best that sounds like life wiping, which is High 6-A. Which also happens to be where the main casts are rated at before fighting the Cloud of Darkness. So he needs to be downgraded to that.

Now with the tiering out of the way, let’s get to the bigger meat and potatoes of the CRT.

Abilities

Cloud of Darkness

Corruption Type 3: Is capable of corrupting other individuals with darkness.

Curse Manipulation and Biological Manipulation: Scales from beings with her power, who’s able to inflict curses upon others. Who’s also able to turn corrupt beings into different species altogether.

Statistics Reduction: Is capable of draining one’s strength with her darkness.

Power Nullification, Perception Manipulation, Transmutation, Size Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, and Madness Manipulation: Bad breath allows her to inflict all the status ailments in the game.

Matter Manipulation: Is capable of firing Particle Beams.

And everything Hein has given that all of his powers derive from her.

The Warriors of Light

Levitation: Levigrass Shoes allows the users to float.

Non Physical Interaction: Can harm the Cloud of Darkness, a literal void of nothingness.

Darkness Manipulation: Has weapons made of literal darkness.

Durability Negation: The Ultima Weapon is made of Orichalcum, which is stated to cut through anything.

Magma Manipulation, Black Hole Creation: One of the abilities they have as a Geomancer allows them to manipulate these elements, and the black hole item and ability from the Geomancer allows the user to create one to send an enemy through a rift to another dimension.

Absolute Zero: Is able to summon Shiva, who has these properties.

Statistics Amplification: Has many items and magic that allows them to amp their stats in various ways.

Empathic Manipulation and Statistics Reduction: The Viking Class allows them to taunt the enemy to target themselves only and weaken their defense.

Information Analysis: Via Libra, which can analyze enemy stats, resistances and weaknesses.

Resurrection: via Raise

Resistance to the following: Wind Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Power Nullification, Madness Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Size Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, and Sleep Manipulation: Numerous different equipment and items allows them to be resistant to these abilities.

Resistance to Corruption (Type 3), Curse Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, and Statistics Reduction: With the crystals of light, they’re able to fight back the power of darkness, which is shown these properties.

Resistance to Absolute Zero: Can withstand Shiva’s presence.

Resistance to Matter Manipulation: Can tank the particle beams from Cloud of Darkness.

Bahamut

Statistics Amplification: Summoning him through White Magic lets him amp everyone’s offensive power.

Death Manipulation: Black magic summoning lets him cast death upon any enemy.

Resistant to Sealing: Bahamut was sealed by Noah, alongside Leviathan. Then Bahamut is able to break out of the seal since he’s able to fly around the floating continent with no restraint.

Leviathan should have Resistance to Sealing for the same reason as Bahamut.

Xande should have statistics amplification due to having Protect

Also minor FF2 change, but they should lose soul manipulation, it's just more non-physical interaction for the characters, they're not actually manipulating souls or attacking someone's soul while it's in a physical body.

Agreed aswell, specially with Xande's 5-B removal

Btw does being near Shiva already qualifies as AZ Resistance with the new standards ? Also I dunno if Black Hole Creation is literall, I don't quite remember the looks and how it works, but the page says it has to follow the BH rules, however it is at least BFR

Last edited:
Looking through all the links I agree with almost all the modifications and updates....

The AZ thing seems to be based on aura where she passively turns Ifrit into ice via absolute zero...or maybe has to do it actively if those swirly thing is anything to go by...regardless even with the new standards this should suffice. Even the visuals match with the description of "enthalpy and entropy shenanigans and the matter collapsing on itself".....so a solid agree with this.

Don't know much about the Black Hole to make a judgement , neutral on this...but the BFR stuff is solid yes...

Durability Negation with Orihalcum is the only thing I may disagree with...I don't know the background to this metal but from the evidence given it just seems some colourful words, why does this metal have such properties? Seems like a generic description of "can cut anything". Though I may be wrong , butmaybe some more reason is needed.

Seens good to me, although not sure about the durability negation with Orihalcum because of a statement "that can cut thought anything", don't we need more context for that?

Last edited:
I hope I'm not derailing but I've a got few other things I would like to add:

*The Scholar's "study" command should also come under information analysis and unlike Libra it also dispels the enemy buffs too.

*Purification (type 3) via Esuna and remedies which removes all negative status effects (pretty self-exploratory even for casual FF fans).

*Sound Manipulation via the Bard job class (again pretty self-exploratory).

I more or less agree with everything that has already proposed (that doesn't need further explanation like the Ultima weapon's durability negation).

EDiT: All the stuff I brought up is technically on the WoL profiles but it hasn't been added to the P&A section.

Last edited:
Also I just realized something, the Omega Weapon appears in Final Fantasy 1 and the main cast can fight it and withstand the particle beams it fires, so they should scale to that too.

Final Fantasy 1 cast was agreed to scale from Chaos, Cosmos, and Shinryu iirc, but they were never updated.

The tiering I’m not really focused on, just the abilities for FF1. If that’s accepted then I can make the changes.

The tiering I’m not really focused on, just the abilities for FF1. If that’s accepted then I can make the changes.
I can help in that aswell, if needed

@Dante_Demon_Killah Shiva’s presence is stated on numerous occasions to being capable of freezing to absolute zero.

@Mister6ame6 the material is stated to have mystical properties, so it’s not exactly a normal type of metal. So the weapon being able to negate durability isn’t too far off the mark.
Fair then, agree FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back