• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fictional Detective Upgrade - Type 8 Immortality

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
SCP-3143 has a tale linked from its SCP article. This tale's about how The Foundation deals with entities that can travel between narratives. It is sort of implied that SCP-3143 was the first person who figured out how to do this, but it isn't completely confirmed that 3143 is the one actually being talked about.

The important part is this quote about killing fictional characters, near the end of the article:

Clearly, you can't kill a fictional character in fiction. So you have to lure them out into reality and then kill them, before finishing off any potential authors who might want to bring them back. We've had reports of authors who've been literally taken hostage and forced to write out the adventures of the kidnapper's comrade at gunpoint, and good old Kurt Vonnegut had to have a covert security detail monitoring him simply because of the possibility of metaphysical infiltration of his work.
This shows that fictional characters in SCP, likely including ones such as SCP-3143, should have Type 8 Immortality, reliant on authors in higher narratives continuing to write about them.

I'm not sure about task forces, I haven't really looked into those, but the Pataphysics Department has Foundation staff that are either entirely fictional (i.e. Thaddeus Thaum) or can travel between narrative layers (i.e. Kimba Laslow).

The task force that tries to capture SCP-3167, theres even an explicit statement in the article that they can comenback from being erased by the nareative by an author that just writes them back into existence

Oh awesome.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3167

At this point, agent of Pataphysical Task Force Alpha-4 managed to intercept SCP-3167 as it attempted to exit the narrative, temporarily trapping it in narrative white space, where it was interrogated by Agent Caitlyn Next. The transcript of the interview follows:

Caitlyn walked around the conceptually empty space and rolled her shoulders. "We've been chasing after you for yonks, you know that?"

The unusually tall figure

"Oh, no. Don't try to pull that shit on me. I'm going to take control of the narrative every time you try to kill me— my metaphorical metafictional dick is bigger than yours. You might as well talk."

The unusu

"What did I just say?"

…Bob frowned at Agent Next, his great white grin turning into a frown. "I'm not hurting anyone. Nobody real."

"You've destroyed at least ninety narrative universes in the past four years. And look at you! You used 'frown' twice in the same descriptor. And yes, I can see that, and I know you can too."

"I'm just carrying out the author's wishes. Rowling wanted Weasley to die. Doyle hated Holmes at the end. Kawahara wishes he had axed SAO a while ago."

"…what about The Czar's Rain?"

Bob tilted her head. "What?"

"Wait, you're a girl?"

"I'm fictonal. I could be Cthulhu if I wanted to. But nobody wants to be Cthulhu."

"The Czar's Rain. Up and coming fantasy series. You entered the first book and killed off the protagonist, sent the kingdom spiraling into chaos, and started off a war between every color of the divine spectrum."

"I've not done that, but it seems like a good idea."

"I've got a record of you doing it right he— oh. Oh shit. He's in the document. He is in this document. The SCP document you are reading right now. Close it. Close it!"

The unusually tall figure with a horrible, white grin raised its backspace key, ready for the kill.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!" Agent Next pleaded. "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!"

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!" Agent Next pleaded.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!" Agent Next

"GET ME OUT

"GET

"

The deed was done; the figure had collected their latest kill, and turned a new page in their life.

One of the benefits of being fictional: you can be rewritten back to life. I'm going to have to hang out in white text for a while. I know this is annoying to read, I'm sorry. But if it means I get to keep my skin, I'll take it. —C. Next.

Awesome, good to have other examples of this happening in SCP.

Phew, another uncontroversial CRT.

Adding this.

Back