• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Video Game Verse?

Yakuza likely. Yakuza is just fantastic game series with a lot of passion behind it. It's goofy, acid trip, sincere, sad and heartwarming at the same time. This verse captured what is the most important thing in fiction in my opinion and what I value the most. Fun. It's fun, extremely fun. I have fun with the interactions, characters, gameplay, and story. I can't recommend this verse enough.

Ace Combat

Story, Music, Characters, everything

For god sakes my name comes from it lol

Kingdom Hearts

It´s perfect in every way I can think of, and the series always got even better in gameplay, graphics and plot as stuff went on (Especially considering I love crossovers that aren´t just pasting a bunch of characters in some recreational activity),, althought KHIII felt worse than DDD as:

- Flowmotion mechanics, they can no longer be reliably used at all to travel, there are less moves, and the ones that can even be used at all do less damage, have less range and leave you vulnerable more than if you just mashed the attack button, oh, and now you can only wall jump once and the propulsion has less range and a arguably less as good animation, even at endgame. This is also why I quickly dropped the PS4 version of DDD and went back to the 3DS one instead, among other reasons.

- Magic variety (I really wanted Zero Graviza, Salvation, Faith, Firaga Burst, Mega Flare, Ice Barrage, Tornado, Vanish, Sparkga, Reflega, etc. to come back, or even have something beyond elemental spells. There´s also Ballonga, but that one would be too much)

- Nerfing and limitation of keyblade techniques (Like, they now can only be used if you wield the original Kingdom Key or its clones, and even when you do, the damage done is dissapointing and even is performed quite slower)

- Lack of Critical difficulty mode.

- At endgame (Aka, Lv. 100), you can literally just mash the attack button to win most of the time, even at the final boss.

Anyways, DDD Is still my favorite game to this day, a solid 10/10 to me.

Mario. As a franchise at least?

Super Smash Bros.

Metroid?

Kirby?

Donkey Kong?

Doom? Wolfenstein? (classic)

(FORMERLY) Sonic.

Zelda (only played Wind Waker and Twilight Princess)

Sin and Punishment?

My most favorite PC game of all time: Corridor 7: Alien Invasion (where my username here is actually derived from)

Some pretty classic games from the pre-32-bit era if they can count as "verses" in the technical sense?

Back