• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Upgrades

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
There's another revision going on for Servants to do with their AP but that doesn't matter because this revision is for some more general abilities.

1. Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Biological Manipulation for all Servants. Especially Avenger (Gorgon)

During Babylonia, Mash states that she should be able to resist the effects of Tiamat's chaos tide for a time. As we know, the chaos tide rewrites the Spirit Origin (soul) and messes with the cells of those it touches, mutating them and giving them skills like self-modification, bio-fusionism and multiplication and a geass in their cells that controls them. More supporting evidence of the Authority messing with the soul. She states that her Master Fujimaru (a normal human) would be turned into a different creature if he was swallowed by it, but "as a demi-servant" she should be able to withstand it for a time. Seeing as the only difference between a human and a Demi-Servant is that the Demi-Servant is a normal human + a Servant, this resistance logically comes from her Servant side, and should thus scale to all other Servants. Additionally, during the fight with Tiamat, even though they aren't directly in her mud, they are all still being affected by her Authority by being nearby, and they don't get mind screwed, soul screwed, or mutated.

Also Gorgon straight up appears from within the Chaos Tide, unaffected by it, so she should definitely get the resistances.

2. Resistance to Transmutation / Data Manipulation for all Servants.

During S.E.R.A.P.H, Meltlillith states that staying in digitised areas would result in the occupants being converted to data. Normal humans last a few hours, but Servants can last a few days. I would consider this resistance to data manipulation rather than information manipulation because they are within a digitised computer and explicitly stated to be turned to data. This is also a fairly impressive resistance seeing as SERAPHIX was also digitizing the Marianna Trench as it passed through it, which means it was digitising a 10,994 m deep "crescent-shaped trough in the Earth's crust averaging about 2,550 km long and 69 km wide" (thanks wikipedia). So resisting that is pretty decent.

3. Resistance to Poison Manipulation for Goetia and Demon Pillars

Simple enough. Serenity says that her poison won't work on the Demon Pillars, and Goetia is made of Demon Pillars. Note that this isn't Nega-Summon at work because Serenity has more poison than just with her Noble Phantasm.

4. Resistance to Magic for all Divine Constructs

Based on this. The Axe of Marduk is a divine weapon and thus repels human magecraft. This should scale to other divine weapons / constructs.

5. Limited Fate Manipulation for BB (Fate/Grand Order)

BB can edit her own destiny.

6. Absorption for Goetia (and possibly other Demon Pillars)

Demon God Zepar absorbs the bodies of the people it kills. Zepar is part of Goetia therefore Goetia should also have the power to absorb others.

7. Gravity Manipulation (?) for Kiara Sessyoi

Not entirely sure what this is. On one hand, being pulled in by "sexual allure" sounds like mind hax. On the other hand, what kind of mind hax is escapable by moving faster than light? More input would be appreciated.

8. Shapeshifting / Possession for Kiara Sessyoi

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't played through the S.E.R.A.P.H Event. She does this. Might be shapeshifting, might be possessing a corpse.

9. Regenerationn / Healing on a Spiritual Level for Meltlilith (and possibly other Alter Egos)

Meltlilith is capable of healing her own Spirit Origi.

10. Limited Abstract Existence (Type 2) for Goetia and the Demon Gods

The Demon Gods are concepts. Backed up somewhat by an earlier statement that as long as "The 72 Demon Gods" existed, there would always be 72 of them, regardless of how many were individually killed. I'll look for that scan later.

11. Resistance to Law Manipulation, Power Nullification and Statistics Reduction for Tiamat

Tiamat survives the law of the underworld put in place by the World trying to kill her. Also resists Statistics Reduction and Power Nullification of the Underworld that should be weakening her as it did to Ishtar. Might be somewhat related to the next bit, but she needed to not be stat reducted, power nulled, and killed in the first place for her to produce the mud necessary to corrupt the underworld.

12. Corruption for Tiamat

Self explanatory. Chaos Tide does corrupty stuff. Should also be noted that it can even corrupt non-living things like the Underworld.

13. Un-Corruption (or something) for Benkei

Might be one of his skills or it might be his NP that he uses right after. Either way, he removes Tiamat's Authority from blackened Ushiwakamaru(which is a pretty damn good feat considering how high level Tiamat's Authority is) and removes her Spirit Origin from the Chaos Tide it had been divided within (which is I guess a bit of soul manipulation)

That's all for now folks.

"There's another revision going on for Servants to do with their AP but that doesn't matter because this revision is for some more general abilities."

It matters in the sense that having multiple revisions ongoing on the same time causes them to slow down. We should finish that before starting a new one.

Except this revision is basically "yeah the scans check out" and done, not a several month long wait for people to scrounge for feats and get them calc'd.

I'm pretty sure number 7 is gravity manip as opposed to mindhax. I think the pulled in by sexual allure means that anyone who can feel sexual allure is pulled in by the gravity. This is kinda backed up by the fact that alot of her abilities have the running theme of X effect works on any being that feels pleasure.

I'm pretty sure 8 is possession since she says she will peel back the mask since it was a tight fit

Other than that I agree with the rest

I agree with everything except the last one. Rider regenerated back despite being killed and pulled into the void. She definitely needs low godly among other things in the key I am gonna make for Chaos Tide Ushi

Technically all servants should have poison manip resistance

Also possession, shifty possession but they should have it

Looks about right I guess.

"Yes, the familiar known as the "72 Demon Gods" is one single ritual, one single concept. In that case, all 72 of them must always exist. As long as they call themselves "Demon Gods", all 72 pillars will continue to be around Solomon regardless of shape or form. Unless we defeat King Solomon, the summoner, the 72 Demon Gods will never disappear from this planet."

While not the scan, this is the quote about the 72 Demon Gods thing Monarch was talking about/proposing for.

Servants should have telepathy, in Apocrypha alone there are at least a dozen instances of Servants using telepathy to talk to their masters and to each other.

Jack demonstrated the ability to create poisonous mist in Apocryha

Servants should have a resistance to poison scaling from being able to go unaffected by both Serenity's and Jack poison abilities (With Mordred outright saying that Jack's poison doesnt harm her)

Servants should get possession as its stated that any servant is capable of possessing a mortal body to use as a vessel, and though the body almost always dies within a few seconds, there have been a few instances of it working as a suitable body, most notable Jeanne, Seig, and Ishtar.

Jack is also missing her pseudo-Reality Marble from Apocrypha where she was able to create a nightmarescape of london in the fight against jeanne and seig where she forced them to witness hundreds of children being murdered over and over again and demonstrated full control over this area, with both astolfo and charon stating they could no longer sense seig after he had been trapped in it.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I agree with everything except the last one. Rider regenerated back despite being killed and pulled into the void. She definitely needs low godly among other things in the key I am gonna make for Chaos Tide Ushi
"Gilgamesh summons Ushiwakamaru along with Benkei. Ushiwakamaru, along with Benkei and Leonidas, accompanies Ritsuka Fujimaru and Mash Kyrielight in Babylonia. When Mash and Ritsuka struggled to escape from Gorgo - the demonic form of Medusa possessed by Tiamat, she stands her ground in order to buy time for the pair to escape. Though she fought gallantly and managed to deal some damage to Gorgon, Ushiwakamaru was eventually defeated and killed.

Ushiwakamaru's soul is later corrupted and she is raised as an undead to fight off Ritsuka and Mash when they try to defeat Tiamat."

Ripping the plot from type moon wiki to remind myself what happens, but she doesn't come back after Benkei NPs her. She can also only come back as long as the chaos tide which contained her spirit origin or a strand of her hair existed. Low High regen at most.

WeeklyBattles said:
Technically all servants should have poison manip resistance
Also possession, shifty possession but they should have it
That was determined in an earlier revision thread to be just a blanket resistance to magic (which I don't think was ever applied).

Possession would be non-combat applicable but I guess all servants could theoretically become Demi-servants.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Looks about right I guess.
"Yes, the familiar known as the "72 Demon Gods" is one single ritual, one single concept. In that case, all 72 of them must always exist. As long as they call themselves "Demon Gods", all 72 pillars will continue to be around Solomon regardless of shape or form. Unless we defeat King Solomon, the summoner, the 72 Demon Gods will never disappear from this planet."

While not the scan, this is the quote about the 72 Demon Gods thing Monarch was talking about/proposing for.
Thanks Qliph, that's the one.

Monarch Laciel said:
That was determined in an earlier revision thread to be just a blanket resistance to magic (which I don't think was ever applied).

Possession would be non-combat applicable but I guess all servants could theoretically become Demi-servants.
Shouldnt it be listed as to all the things they resist though?

Yeah its non combat applicable, i explained it in my second post

I believe the Luck Stat is accepted as probablility manipulation, but shouldn't it also be limited fate manipulation, and grant resistance to death manipulation to all servants????? Dr. Romani gives a really good explanation of the stat in the babylon arc of Grand order. Here are the scans on this imgur ablum. https://imgur.com/a/Ey5JUko

Be sure to add the telepathy, poison resistance, and non-combat applicable possession for all servants as well

Nope, just telepathy, all servants are capable of communicating with each other and their masters telepathically even while in spirit form

A ton of servants and fate characters are also missing their resistances that come with authority. I'm pretty sure it was agreed on a while ago but just never got applied

Back