• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate SN: The Remake of a Classic Tale

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Now for anyone curious about the title let me explain, in the original legend of Kojirou Sasaki (UBW Assasin) he was a legendary samurai who had a long time rival Miyamoto Musahi from a rival clan, eventually finally passing on in their final battle, though how Miyamoto won comes under lots of speculation, they're both servants in Fate, so you know what that means....

Now Miyamoto is only 7A with her Noble Phantasm, so the AP is irrelevant as both of them one shot the other with theirs.

Saber (Miyamoto Musashi):

Assassin (Fate/stay night): 1 (JSW)

I think assassin. I just read their pages a bit, and thought over his fights... I guess he just wins in the end.. not an easy battle, but I would say that the winner is decided...

lol yeah ik... im thinking since I don't know much bout fateverse.. well, I guess he is more skilled, and a little faster. his more longed ranged, but im not sure... its hard to tell man. u don't need to count my vote, since I don't have details on it, but im just saying what I can..

Actually the man known as Sasaki Kojiro has never existed, he is just legends and myths melted together. The UBW Assassin is a nameless person that happened to fit these myths of Sasaki Kojiro just because he could perform the legendary technique used by Sasaki himself: The Swallow Return.

Just by legend alone, Miyamoto should win because she (boy does Fate love their genderbends) was the best swordsma in Japan and Kojiro lost because his sheath was way too long.

She's just an amped up version of Kojiro, capable of bending space-time as well, and achieving a higher mental state than any swordsman. While Kojiro is a worthy rival (he should be, his legend was born solely for the purpose of giving Musashi a rival), in the end, Musashi is the one claiming his life.

I'll be perfectly honest: I have no earthly idea what wins between something like Musashi's Tengan and Sasaki's Tsubame Gaeshi.

This match reminds me of that situation where Bazz used Fragarach when Lancer used Gae Bolg and... Welp. Hax happened and they both got rekt anyways.

Though if we go by the whole "Word of God dictates winner no matter the profiles possibly saying otherwise" flashbacks to Rein vs Ama, then Musashi soundly wins this by Word of God.

FateAlbane said:
I'll be perfectly honest: I have no earthly idea what wins between something like Musashi's Tengan and Sasaki's Tsubame Gaeshi.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Musashi can block Swallow Return. If anything, they should interact as two swords would normally clash, only this time they'll clash through multiple dimensions. Whoever has the best technique, defeats the other.

@Scarlet Except this version of Musashi is from an alternate universe (which is also why she's female) where she's just a no name despite being really strong and already said that UBW Kojirou is better than her. She loses by her own admission, at least until EoR III comes out.

The Fate Franchise: Turning world renowed historical figures to cute girls since 2004
Also since she has admitted she's inferior to Kojiro currently, I don't see the purpose of the thread.

I know Kojirou is probably stronger than her timeline's version of him since he's attained the state of emptiness(which she is also supposed to have reached iirc) but I can't remember her saying she'll lose to him/he's stronger than her. Guess we'll have to wait for her EoR singularity.

Actually, ignore my previous post. I went to read her profile and her lines again and while she does freak out about Kojirou having reached emptiness, she doesn't straight up say he's better. And she also has the Nothingness A skill, which is a bit weird considering she says she hasn't reached emptiness yet on her final ascension line.

Regardless, saying that she wins because lolhistory when they're from different universes is not a legit argument.

ScarletFirefly said:
Actually the man known as Sasaki Kojiro has never existed, he is just legends and myths melted together. The UBW Assassin is a nameless person that happened to fit these myths of Sasaki Kojiro just because he could perform the legendary technique used by Sasaki himself: The Swallow Return.
Uhh....That story of Sasaki Kojiro has arguably existed, that was just the UBW interpretation.

Kojiro in the FSN timeline never fought Miyamoto

Timelines and stuff

This Kojiro is just some guy who took Sephiroth's sword (Would've said Kojiro's sword, but it's actually longer) and performed a technique, and therefore never fought Miyamoto

And this version of Miyamoto never fought this version of Kojiro

And using "lol history" is just a bad argument

What they achieve is kinda different. Musashi has Nothingness (þäíþ®║) while Kojiro has Station of Void / Seat of Void (þ®║õ¢ì / þ®║Òü«Õ║º). Its different. Even if its not, her Empyrian Eyes doesn't reliably provide a path to victory against someone who has achieved Station of Void / Seat of Void (þ®║õ¢ì / þ®║Òü«Õ║º), which Kojiro possess. So her eyes are useless against him, and thats a pretty big hit to her

Back