• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Servant Tiering CRT

Well, this already covers the recalc, but, again, we'd need to apply the timeframe of a minute. Or, maybe 10 seconds would be more reasonable, but, who knows. Either way, it shouldn't be nearly 8-A.

Hmm

That could be worth looking into but is that the forking extra anime I spy

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
The other calc can't be used either, the thickness of the clouds are extremely inflated. I'll see what I can do.
Oh.

Then I guess I should just dive into making a big old rehaul for it entirely?

A) The intro from realta nua is the Excalibur scene from the fate route

B) Don't jump the gun and assume a calc to be correct before it has actually been properly analyzed

C) That very same scene is the one that was previously calculated to be 300 megatons by ChaosTheory in NF and what is currently used to substantiate ratings

D) There is no reason to utilize another method when you can very easily just replicate the one from Narutoforums and post the proper images to substantiate the scaling (which really, is the only reason the calc was brought into question in the first place)

DMUA said:
Well, this already covers the recalc, but, again, we'd need to apply the timeframe of a minute. Or, maybe 10 seconds would be more reasonable, but, who knows. Either way, it shouldn't be nearly 8-A.
This works, if nothing else does.

D is false. The scaling images were an issue but it also uses an outdated cloud parting method and the thickness of said cloud was inflated as pointed out by one of the calc members who's bread and butter are cloud calcs.

I mean, it's the feat, but it shows it quite differently. Besides, there are issues with intro feats anyways, if they don't happen in the main story the way they do there.

If the thickness and timeframe are inflated, I can look into correcting it. Simple enough.

DMUA said:
I mean, it's the feat, but it shows it quite differently. Besides, there are issues with intro feats anyways, if they don't happen in the main story the way they do there.
If the thickness and timeframe are inflated, I can look into correcting it. Simple enough.
The result is literally the same as the opening lol and from the same fight i'm sure.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
That is excalibur not air blast.
Proof?

I don't see Bellerophon anywhere in that animation, and Excalibur was fired at an already-charging Bellerophon. The Excaliblast was also fired at a clear angle, but the shot shows a beam going straight up. The attack in the visual does not match any depictions of Excalibur's beam, while matching Invisible Air's attack almost perfectly. We also know that Invisible Air has to be released before Excalibur can be used, so it matches up with the scene in that the visual is clearly showing a shot right before Excalibur is actually fired.

So no, the calc is invalid.

The difference is pretty stark

The VN has a wide shot of the cloud going into the distance with a split in it

The intro has weird few seconds where it looks like it's splitting but it also doesn't really have a sense of distance

It's just wierd overall and if I can help it it's best to stick with the primary source

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
D is false. The scaling images were an issue but it also uses an outdated cloud parting method and the thickness of said cloud was inflated as pointed out by one of the calc members who's bread and butter are cloud calcs.
The only thing that's inflated is the length of the cloud which was measured to be ~60km, current regulations means it just gets dropped to 20km instead, everything else is useable as it is.

Ugarik thinks otherwise as seen in the calc that's been posted. With all due respect I'm inclined to take the word of the calc members who specializes in cloud calcs as opposed to a regular user.

Solacis said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
That is excalibur not air blast.
Proof?
I don't see Bellerophon anywhere in that animation, and Excalibur was fired at an already-charging Bellerophon. The Excaliblast was also fired at a clear angle, but the shot shows a beam going straight up. The attack in the visual does not match any depictions of Excalibur's beam, while matching Invisible Air's attack almost perfectly. We also know that Invisible Air has to be released before Excalibur can be used, so it matches up with the scene in that the visual is clearly showing a shot right before Excalibur is actually fired.

So no, the calc is invalid.
You mean the 8-A result?

Alright i just saw that calc and i agree its invalid since its using a trailer/OP which i think cannot be used, otherwise all of Senran Kagura characters will stay 8-B (And Pokemon too since i saw Kukui post about it) if calculating thing on OP/Trailer is allowed which is not.

That doesn't scale to anyone due to the nature of the feat as the comments mention

Why not? Fergus Lily is weaker than normal Fergus normally. He himself admits this. He himself also say that he needed all the buffs so that he could reach the same level as his normal self. Fergus Lily with all the buffs is on the same level of power as normal Fergus.

In fact even with all the buffs he had it may not had even been enough to reach the same level of strength as his normal self since he further needed to throw himself into a poison swamp to make use of a weird loophole to reach the same strength as his normal self.

Considering some of the higher feats and the various mountain statements wouldn't a low calc just be an outlier

Outliers can be high or low

if the feat is base on Fergus Lily getting a buff from his original self then wouldn't halving the results be fine?

Fergus Lily is weaker than his original self. He needed all the buffs in order to just barely reach the same level of strength as his original self.

Though I am curious why half?

There's no idication on how much power the original self was given to Gergus Lily right? Only that he recived it. Halving it would just be a safe assumption since it is the power of two servants regardless of how weak LilyFerg is to his original.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on the events. I think what happened was that Fergus threw himself into a poison swamp which represent rebirth? Which then somehow allowed him to just straight up psuedo resummon himself but this time with the power he had in his normal version.

But yeah I agree with your reasoning otherwise. So what would it be 108 gigatons?

Paul Frank said:
Considering some of the higher feats and the various mountain statements wouldn't a low calc just be an outlier

Outliers can be high or low
It depends on the higher feats.

Tomorrow ended up being longer then expected, but I'm looking at everything now

So, what was our issue with the timeframe of the calc? It uses FPS and such, which on a surface level doesn't seem to be a problem since he's pulling it on animations.

It was that the 8-A calc was using the VN opening instead of the actual scene. The opening depicted the release of Invisible Air, not the Excalibur blast.

There's no timeframe for the actual scene in the VN, so the suggested idea was to use either 1 minute or 10 seconds to fill in the missing number. Personally, I feel the latter makes more sense since the CG with the parted clouds still has bits of the Excalibur beam in it, and the beam doesn't last that long after the initial blast anyway.

EDIT: The cloud thickness was also inflated.

Well, the animation clearly shows the timeframe

But then again, it cuts from the blast to a still picture, so I guess I see it in that regard.

Also of course the measurements are inflated, both of which I wish to fix in my redo of everything.

Back