• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Servant Tiering CRT

Lance mentioned something important: that high amounts of magical energy tend to generate tons of heat. I can't remember where, exactly, but I recall a similar mention in FSN in which overuse of magic circuits can cause serious burns. If magi can heavily burn themselves with just their own reserves, then the idea that Noble Phantasm beams can vaporize isn't entirely out there. That said, it's not good enough of an argument to say that vaporization is an inherent trait to CBA.

Spartacus attack vaporized half a mountain and part of a town/city and that was after most of the blast was blocked by Jeanne. Dunno if that would justify 6-C but it's something at least.

7-A stuff I don't really care about.

I do think that top tier nps could scale to Stella and Dendra. Since it's kind of odd to have Stella that much higher than other Nps such as excalibur and Ea.

I do also think that Dendera and Stella should be downgraded to High 6-C or 6-C.

Nice, now Clarent is strong as Excalibur while it clashed equally against Balmung that is weaker than Gram that is comparable to Excalibur, your arguments doesn't make sense. Also it clashed against balmung wich shatered the terrain (watch Fate Apocrypha), both of them never vaped anything. Also, Clatrent is described as being as strong as Caliburn, not Excalibur

@Iap

A small correction but one with large consequences. The sword being referred to in Clarent's description is Caliburn, not Excalibur, hence "Golden Sword". I think the "Promised Victory" part is a typo for "Assured/Compelled Victory" which are basically synonymous but are used for Caliburn which is the only sword that is titled "Golden Sword" as far as I am aware.

It referring to Caliburn also makes sense when you look at the rankings and abilities of the. Both are normally B rank, both are able to perform A+ rank attacks (though Caliburn breaks from one use), both convert/amplify mana pushed into the blades into beam swords, (they seem pretty equal so far) but Clarent amps physical stats and Charisma by one rank while Caliburn does not (here Clarent shows how it exceeds Caliburn). When you look at Excalibur, it is always A++, has a superior designation for its beam sword, is a Divine Construct etc.

Just wanna point out that excalibur is also called a golden sword multiple times. Mostly when its actually being charged or fired off so that combined with the promised victory part means it could be refering to excalibur

Excalibur is called a golden sword and its light has been called the same, yes. But it has never been titled (the keyword here) Golden Sword, with caps, only ever as Sword of Promised Victory.

Paul, Not really, in the text it say it has a worth as a "sword of selection" equal or bigger than that of the golden sword, also rwead what i posted above

"Nice, now Clarent is strong as Excalibur while it clashed equally against Balmung that is weaker than Gram that is comparable to Excalibur, your arguments doesn't make sense. Also it clashed against balmung wich shatered the terrain (watch Fate Apocrypha), both of them never vaped anything"

Escanor998 said:
Paul, Not really, in the text it say it has a worth as a "sword of selection" equal or bigger than that of the golden sword, also rwead what i posted above
"Nice, now Clarent is strong as Excalibur while it clashed equally against Balmung that is weaker than Gram that is comparable to Excalibur, your arguments doesn't make sense. Also it clashed against balmung wich shatered the terrain (watch Fate Apocrypha), both of them never vaped anything"
so Excalibur =/> Gram> Balmung= Clarent Blood Arthur

Finally! This took way too long. I don't even care how much of a downgrade it is, I'm just glad we finally have a number.

Anything else we have to wait on before we get to scaling?

Well, we have to see if the calc is even accepted. If it does, I guess we can try to scale those to this feat, unless there is other calc that say otherwise.

This is just brutal Lore wise, The NP that is concidered the pinnicale of wepons, suppressed only by a few, is bareally able to destroy a few city blocks, that's brutal.

Wait a second, are we sure that what the calc is using is even Excalibur? The visuals more closely match Invisible Air. At best, it's Excalibur's activation, not it's beam. I thought we were using a different visual to calc Excalibur's beam?

EDIT: Something like the final Excalibur in UBW would be better.

I don't even know why use the OP of FSN, even though you can use Galatine in Extra Last Encore.

It reminds me of the blast Saber used againts Herc in the UBW anime, a short and quick plast of mana rather then a full release.

@JBennet That was Invisible Air. Something that shouldn't have worked against Herc in the first place, but yeah.

That final exclaiber scales to no one aside from NPs.

Even Herc would have been obliterated by a full power blast

It is the correct feat since thats when a weakened Saber beats Bellerophon but I dunno why it uses the trailer.

As for the UBW, that could let us know how strong a full power Excaliblast is but it won't work for Herc deflecting a beam. Time for us to use the statements of mountain busting etc instead

The opening isn't even showing Excalibur, but Invisible Air releasing so Excalibur can activate. It's the completely wrong visual so the calc is wrong anyway.

So I'm a bit behind here

Couldn't we just use a minute for the excaliblast cloudspit timeframe?

That's the usual assumption for these things as a lowball, if not something like 10 seconds.

Using that with the VN calc would get something a bit less very confusingly low, not to mention it wouldn't have to use an opening cinematic for a calc, and would generally be more ironed into the heart of the material.

Back