• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate revision thread (continuation)

This thread is a summary of proposed changes introduced in this CRT: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3299099#230. Most of this information was brought by YuriAkuto, Iapitus The Impaler and Paul Frank. Due to the lack of staff members who support Fate the goal here is to provide a summary that is easy to understand, so that staff members who are not familiar with the verse mechanics and its cosmology are able to properly evaluate these feats. Fate supporters knowledgeable on the subject, who are willing to add further information or correct me are free to do so in the comments below. I know comments are sometimes ignored in revision threads and people are focused on the OP, but I urge you to read the comments as they could provide valuable information.

To clarify one thing so that it doesn't cause confusion: parallel worlds, "if-futures", timelines and possibilities are terms used to describe the same thing here.

• Moon Cell, an observation device which observes Earth and simulates possibilities, stores those possibilities within itself: 1 .
  • Additional explanation can be found on Type-Moon page, with source text in Japanese present in reference section: "Universe refers to a domain that encompasses space and time. In the world of Fate/Extra CCC and Fate/Extella, two varieties of existence are referred to as Universe." and this.
  • Moon Cell's possibilities existing at the same time: "Meanwhile, the Core of the Moon Cell, simulator of parallel worlds, calculating all kinds of possibilities, past and present and future, all existing at the same time."
Possibilities are said to expand infinitely: 1 and further explanation about possibilities=parallel worlds (2 and 3). More scans about infinite possibilities: 1 2 3 4

I also found that "infinite parallel worlds" already exists on this profile: Zelretch . That part was added by Promestein, in August 2017., and "Type-Moon revisions" was put as reasoning. I haven't found the revision thread and I don't remember which one it was. Paul Frank also mentioned infinite parallel worlds concerning Zelretch, so maybe he has more information about this.

• Two descriptions of Kaleidoscope essence craft, connected to Zelretch, from Fate/Grand Order: 1 and 2
On the question of who would get affected by this (since that's what most people are curious about), we haven't discussed that yet in case this gets rejected, but:

• We have a feat of Saver trying to end all possibilities in Fate/Extra Last Encore: 1 . We can discuss later who gets affected by this.
Some counter-arguments from the previous thread (paraphrased, not quoted):

• "Moon Cell just simulates things, it's data, it's not real etc.". This is a common argument when it comes to Moon Cell. I believe we don't actually take this argument seriously anymore because trying to equalize the Moon Cell to something like a Dell laptop is ridiculous. Moon Cell has power to interact with things outside of itself, it could send BB to Grand Order universe etc. It is capable of creating Soul. It contains Imaginary numbers space, a form of space that is very real and not some "data", which was featured in Extra CCC and Grand Order. Someone like BB (AI created by the Moon Cell) is not only capable of interacting with such concept, but merged herself with it as well. Description of "Universe of Record" posted above also states that it's a domain that encompasses Space and Time. Therefore reality within the Moon Cell is not some regular computer data. Also, feats performed within the Moon Cell were recently used as proof for high 3-A/low 2-C tiering, so in overall context of Nasuverse, it is real.
  • "Those possibilities within the Moon Cell don't exist at the same time and possibilities are not timelines/parallel worlds". Two descriptions posted above state otherwise.
  • "Quantum Time Lock mechanics introduced in Extella explain that there can't be an infinite amount of worlds. Extella came after Extra and Extra CCC where statements on infinite worlds come from.". I am not as knowledgeable on Extella as I am on Extra, so I won't be arguing this point, but Iapitus and Paul have debated extensively about this in the previous thread and they can further explain why this counter-argument might not be valid. On the topic of possible retcons via "Extella is a newer work", a scan posted above involves Goetia and his statement on "infinite possibilities" from Grand Order and it came after Extella, from what I know and what others have said. I would also like to point out that Extella contains certain contradictions, for example Gilgamesh being affected by the Far Side. This is lore-breaking as Extra CCC explicitly stated that he slept there for eternity and was not affected by it. Unreformed Far Side is nothingness that erases all existence and if we follow Extella's logic, Gilgamesh would be dead even before the events of Extra CCC started. That's why things from Extella should be carefully reviewed and not be taken at face value.

I agree with 2-A

but I'd prefer if this upgrade didnt go through, I like low 2-C more

Can't say much more than "I agree with 2-A" here, the proofs are all there.

But hey, I have something about the Quantum Time Lock, it says it "culls" worlds it deems "has little cpabilities for change"(or some reason) right? Won't that mean, you can still have infinite universes, but the world will cull it off?

I mean, just because an AP upgrade or hax upgrade will get accepted does not mean the other will. Whether it's an AP or hax upgrade is very important

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. Feel free to ask the staff members listed in the Nasuverse and Fate/Extra threads to comment here.

BB is directly affected by this. CCC Servants get scaled from her. Kiara with the Moon Cell would also technically get upgraded. Saver should get his hax upgraded I guess, if his feat is via using Chakravartin.

But, I am unsure about Beasts. What would their reasoning be? I would leave Types completely out of this, tbh. I don't think we have anything that directly connects them to this.

The types are currently scaled to being superior to Amaterasu and Saver who would also likely scale to this

We would have to have a direct connection that puts Kiara with the Moon Cell to a comparable level of Grand Order version.

Types are only "possibly" on that level precisely because they lack direct connection. Arcueid's Ultimate One description also has this line: "However, on the Moon Cell there are restrictions to its duration, and it seems that there are beings there of a scale it can't exceed.". I don't think it's possible to smuggle them all the way to 2-A like we did to low 2-C.

This is a big tier and there has to be concrete evidence for everyone who might get it. If you can come up with a solid reasoning for them, then sure, we can include them.

I'm pretty sure that limitation for Arc's ultimate one doesn't apply to her Archetype Earth form only to her Berserker one from Fate Extra. Types are only rated as possibly because, despite needing to be superior to the likes of Saver and Amaterasu by definition, people didn't want then to scale.

BB would scale because of the merging with the Mooncell, Saver would scale with at least his NP, the CCC playable servants would scale to fighting BB, Amaterasu would scale above CCC Tamamo and the Types would scale from there. Kiara from fgo as a beast was as strong as in CCC iirc so she would scale too

IIRC, there was some discussion on BB not being 8-Dimensional because she couldn't perform 2-A feats. If 2-A gets accepted...

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Types are only "possibly" on that level precisely because they lack direct connection. Arcueid's Ultimate One description also has this line: "However, on the Moon Cell there are restrictions to its duration, and it seems that there are beings there of a scale it can't exceed.". I don't think it's possible to smuggle them all the way to 2-A like we did to low 2-C.

This is a big tier and there has to be concrete evidence for everyone who might get it. If you can come up with a solid reasoning for them, then sure, we can include them.
the ability "The Ultimate One" is hax, and its supposed to be used in conjunction with another hax. So its not at all correlated to her AP. The "Mooncell giving it restrictions" isn't because of the Mooncell but because of a bad Master x Servant relationship. Gatou caused the ability to get nerfed.

AlsoAlso, i will agree to tier 2-A becaue there is an infinite space for the Finite Multiverse to grow within.

Something i will bring up in a revision thread later. She isn't a servant, and she was acutally the living arc. Also, within the Mooncell it is even stated she isn't the strongest in the same scan as the stuff from the previous sentence. [1] But i still firmly believe that her hax can affect those with a superior tier to hers. It is directly stated that BB, and Amaterasu would be affected by this ability as "Beings it cannot exceed" is simply vague, and we don't know the beings that resist it. - However this is only for her Conceptual, Law, Statistic Reduction, and not her "Ultimate one"

Although this is a topic for a different thread, as i plan on touching upon her in a revision thread after the nasuverse stuff settles down.

Wow. That is very well detailed. Who knew it took so long before this finally could be discussed like this? I remember the days when everyone pressed the "outlier" button to anything higher than Tier 4 Nasuverse. Anyway, I'm afraid I don't have any counterarguments and I thus agree. Also, the whole argument against the parallel worlds being locked still doesn't make sense as there are still infinite worlds. Locking 1 world won't make a difference. Like what Boomstick said in Death Battle: "Hey Wiz, what's half of infinity? In-f***ing-finity!"

But even if there aren't infinite worlds in Extella and I'm wrong.. as what the OP said, FGO and other series counter it, since Extella has a lot of contradictions apparently.

... Still, I gotta know whether Super Karna scales or not. For science!

ZephyrosOmega said:
Speaking of Authority, isn't Gilgamesh's Ea supposed to have an authority?
For servant Gil it is nation level authority, but I would assume its pay grade moves up when Gil gains other authority

I recall Ea being Ea's (God) Authority. Not really sure how that rates.

As for buffed Gil in CCC, he has Ten Crowns (I think every Servant who are human does), but the Mooncell restricted it, after the Player and Eli go and unrestricted, he gains it.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Point is, I thiiiink authorities are conceptual manipulation? would be a nice hax thing.
It's more like "Resistance Bundles" to be honest. You have higher Authority means you no sell most hax from another Authority.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Point is, I thiiiink authorities are conceptual manipulation? would be a nice hax thing.
There are too many revision threads still going, but we will have to discuss Authority abilities and what abilities/resistances you get from it. Currently it's based on a somewhat faulty idea from a few years ago, but we'll get to it another time.

I fundamentally disagree with the notion of the individual Fate verses being 2-A. I think it would do everyone a good service to look up on this page here on the Type-Moon wiki which explains every carefully how this aspect works. It's well documented with supplemental material and material inside the game, so I would suggest reading the resource links below as well.

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Quantum_Time-Lock

The material from Fate/Extella is written by Nasu, so it's not some side story you can just discard.

The basic way this terminology is described is that there an infinite number of "Parallel Worlds". These are worlds that make up the different works in the Nasuverse. For example, Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime are parallel worlds that are similar, but don't have any intersections. The number of these worlds is infinite as referred to by Zeltrectch's magic.

The number that isn't infinite is Adjacent Worlds. These are worlds that are connected to a certain sequence of events through the use of Quantum Time Locks to ensure certain events happen. For example, the routes of Extella are referred to as Adjacent worlds because despite clear differences they follow a similar path. This mentality seems to be shown in other places as well if we look to games like the original Fate/stay night concept.

Regardless, I think that it's very clear that there are at the very least multiple timelines for these works where are multiple routes. In my opinion, the number is large enough to account for 2-B but 2-A isn't possible because there is never a case where there are truly infinite timelines existing.

Type-Moon as a whole is 2-A though without a doubt.

Back