• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate - 9D Mooncell (Continuation of the closed CRT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused. We are recently told that we don't have a solid confirmation of the core being higher dimensional than the barriers. Does this still apply?
I'm unsure then. If there isn't solid confirmation then should a "Likely" or "Possibly" rating be used instead?

I'm unsure then. If there isn't solid confirmation then should a "Likely" or "Possibly" rating be used instead?
I think it would be yes, we have been also proposing this earlier and I think it’d be fine. It’s not that big of an upgrade anyways since it only affects BB’s higher dimensional perspective.

I think it would be yes, we have been also proposing this earlier and I think it’d be fine. It’s not that big of an upgrade anyways since it only affects BB’s higher dimensional perspective.
If we accpet the core as 9D it's the whole 1-C scalling that is 9D too tho.

I'm a bit confused. We are recently told that we don't have a solid confirmation of the core being higher dimensional than the barriers. Does this still apply?
There is no direct argument such as "higher dimensional from the core mooncell" and combining the given arguments to such a conclusion that nasu has followed such a path in most scales, Rani's saying high-dimensional for the core after mentioning the mooncell, and another argument to support it is that the barrier is for the core. I believe the inaccessibility would make it adequate for the 9D (possibly 9D at least)

@DarkGrath @DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa

What are your thoughts on the matter?

There is no direct argument such as "higher dimensional from the core mooncell" and combining the given arguments to such a conclusion that nasu has followed such a path in most scales, Rani's saying high-dimensional for the core after mentioning the mooncell, and another argument to support it is that the barrier is for the core. I believe the inaccessibility would make it adequate for the 9D (possibly 9D at least)

staff are prolly eating popcorn rn
Yes. We all band together whenever a Fate thread is started and we call it a movie night. Great perk of the job.

Jokes aside, I'm looking through the thread right now, and I should be able to offer a take on this. Gimme a bit to evaluate all the evidence and examine the discussion.

So, unfortunately, I have to admit that the fundamental premise behind this thread is flawed.

Let's start with 8-D. There is technically some room for doubt as to the legitimacy of 8-D from what is provided, but I'll put my faith in the idea that this is just due to it being a simplified explanation - I trust that the previous discussions into this topic were thorough, and that 8-D is therefore entirely valid.

The argument for 9-D is based on the initial knowledge that the Mooncell is 8-D, with linked statements referring to the core as "higher dimensional", with the conclusion being that the core of the Mooncell is higher dimensional than the rest of the Mooncell and is therefore at least 9-D. However, there is a key issue with the sources used to suggest 9-D, an issue that has been brought up multiple times by several people already and never properly explained each time it's been brought up. Namely, it's never stated in any provided source what the Core is "higher dimensional" in comparison to.

To elaborate, here are the quotes in the sources used to suggest the Core of the Mooncell is 9-D:

"The Moon Cell is the eyes of god. The photon-based recording medium in the core is a higher-dimensional existence."

"This is imaginary number space, a higher dimensional information space made from light."

"The light used as the memory medium has been jumbled together in a higher dimension."

"BB has become that Moon Cell. She's obtained a higher dimensional perspective."

All of these quotes fundamentally have the same problem. What is the Core "higher dimensional" relative to? The premise this thread is built upon is that the Core is 9-D because it is "higher dimensional" than the Moon Cell. But that's never stated in any of the sources - the sources just say "higher dimensional", and don't specify what it's higher dimensional compared to. It's a large inference, and it's not clear what the basis for the inference is. Furthermore, the fourth source listed above doesn't even appear to be talking about the Core in the first place; it's just says the Moon Cell is higher dimensional, which we already know to be true. If you can understand that the Moon Cell itself is referred to as "higher dimensional" by these characters, then referring to the Core of the Moon Cell as "higher dimensional" doesn't mean anything in particular.

The premise "The core of the Moon Cell is higher dimensional than the rest of the Moon Cell" is the cornerstone of this thread, yet it's decidedly unfounded. Ergo, the conclusion does not have enough basis to pass on the profiles.

Now, this does not mean the whole thread is dead in the water - the problem is that the sources are vague, but they don't outright contradict the premises being put forth. The issue is that none of the sources are clear on the relative subject (i.e.: "higher dimensional" could be referring to anything from "higher dimensional than the Moon Cell" to "higher dimensional than the character speaking"), but since these passages are translated from Japanese to English, it's possible that this was a translation defect rather than a piece of information that didn't exist in the passages. If you can find the original text these passages were based on, and we got someone fluent in Japanese to translate, we might get more clarity on this that would help decide the thread one way or the other.

As for the thread in its current state, however, the evidence is simply not enough.

So, unfortunately, I have to admit that the fundamental premise behind this thread is flawed.

Let's start with 8-D. There is technically some room for doubt as to the legitimacy of 8-D from what is provided, but I'll put my faith in the idea that this is just due to it being a simplified explanation - I trust that the previous discussions into this topic were thorough, and that 8-D is therefore entirely valid.

The argument for 9-D is based on the initial knowledge that the Mooncell is 8-D, with linked statements referring to the core as "higher dimensional", with the conclusion being that the core of the Mooncell is higher dimensional than the rest of the Mooncell and is therefore at least 9-D. However, there is a key issue with the sources used to suggest 9-D, an issue that has been brought up multiple times by several people already and never properly explained each time it's been brought up. Namely, it's never stated in any provided source what the Core is "higher dimensional" in comparison to.

To elaborate, here are the quotes in the sources used to suggest the Core of the Mooncell is 9-D:

"The Moon Cell is the eyes of god. The photon-based recording medium in the core is a higher-dimensional existence."

"This is imaginary number space, a higher dimensional information space made from light."

"The light used as the memory medium has been jumbled together in a higher dimension."

"BB has become that Moon Cell. She's obtained a higher dimensional perspective."

All of these quotes fundamentally have the same problem. What is the Core "higher dimensional" relative to? The premise this thread is built upon is that the Core is 9-D because it is "higher dimensional" than the Moon Cell. But that's never stated in any of the sources - the sources just say "higher dimensional", and don't specify what it's higher dimensional compared to. It's a large inference, and it's not clear what the basis for the inference is. Furthermore, the fourth source listed above doesn't even appear to be talking about the Core in the first place; it's just says the Moon Cell is higher dimensional, which we already know to be true. If you can understand that the Moon Cell itself is referred to as "higher dimensional" by these characters, then referring to the Core of the Moon Cell as "higher dimensional" doesn't mean anything in particular.

The premise "The core of the Moon Cell is higher dimensional than the rest of the Moon Cell" is the cornerstone of this thread, yet it's decidedly unfounded. Ergo, the conclusion does not have enough basis to pass on the profiles.

Now, this does not mean the whole thread is dead in the water - the problem is that the sources are vague, but they don't outright contradict the premises being put forth. The issue is that none of the sources are clear on the relative subject (i.e.: "higher dimensional" could be referring to anything from "higher dimensional than the Moon Cell" to "higher dimensional than the character speaking"), but since these passages are translated from Japanese to English, it's possible that this was a translation defect rather than a piece of information that didn't exist in the passages. If you can find the original text these passages were based on, and we got someone fluent in Japanese to translate, we might get more clarity on this that would help decide the thread one way or the other.

As for the thread in its current state, however, the evidence is simply not enough.
So it will stay 8-D?

Thank you for your comment, I will write a more detailed and explanatory article for you.

First of all, my point of view on the "higher dimensional compared to what" problem is that the Core is already the main building block that governs the entire mooncell, and 8D can be taken as it indirectly creates the barrier that cuts through the 8 dimensions (the part the site mentions and confirms) but what is the core higher dimensional than? maybe if you just ask him if he can be higher dimensional, my opinion against that would be no.

the reason is:

In Rani's speech, he initially made a speech about Mooncell and after this speech he referred to the high dimensional core, you can ask here "it opens to the same path, so only the core is high dimensional", but at first he mentioned mooncell and then said that the core is high dimensional as a support context. It can be used and the barrier is inaccessible to the kernel, and it can be used in the same support context that Kinaku Nasu does not directly say to you while performing a feat in one of his works, "X structure is in Y dimension" and it is the same for this 8-dimensional barrier, so what we need to do here is what Kinaku wrote and described if I'm wrong in what I said we should look again at Rani's speech I mentioned and if you think I'm being silly I would be happy if you could describe it in a way that proves it and logically (not like the MMA fighters example written on the subject)
(NOTE: the fact that the kernel is inaccessible to the barrier can be used as a support context)
And there may also be a context in the higher-dimensional perspective that the BB obtains after capturing the nucleus, and here's how it works,
(1)bb could describe a higher dimensional wall not only that she could interact with it with her imaginary number space manipulation
(2)its important where she was at its where the higher dimensions view the lower dimensions as flatscrolls d
(3)even with the 8D power as she broke the wall and possibly perception because she describes the wall
(4) her gaining higher dimensional senses scan after reaching the core and becoming one with her implies she didn't have them before
(5) but she did as she describes the wall and has enough power to interact with
C it meaning she atleast had allat 8D when reaching the core she gained a even higher perspective (9D) additional evidence is them calling it a higher dimension existence

I don't know if I can give an extra boost to what I said because there are 2 arguments and 2 sides may make sense and so at least "possibly 9D" will be enough for me

Thank you again for your opinion

Last edited:
First of all, my point of view on the "higher dimensional compared to what" problem is that the Core is already the main building block that governs the entire mooncell, and 8D can be taken as it indirectly creates the barrier that cuts through the 8 dimensions (the part the site mentions and confirms) but what is the core higher dimensional than? maybe if you just ask him if he can be higher dimensional, my opinion against that would be no.

the reason is:

In Rani's speech, he initially made a speech about Mooncell and after this speech he referred to the high dimensional core, you can ask here "it opens to the same path, so only the core is high dimensional", but at first he mentioned mooncell and then said that the core is high dimensional as a support context.
This is entirely false. The context for that Rani quote is that Hakuno asks

I was thinking I wanted to ask about AIs. After each Grail War, the Moon Cell deletes its NPCs and resets the experiences of the AI. Why does it do that, I wonder?

Rani then replies

Indeed. We can conjecture that it is in order to prevent them from deviating from their function as observational mechanisms, but…In truth, it may have been to prevent cases like the present one from occurring. The Moon Cell is the eyes of god. The photon-based recording medium in the Core is a higher dimensional existence. The Moon Cell Core knows how the human race will end. But there is no valuation of any kind in that result. The Moon Cell has within it no basis to judge the options, how to create a better future — to judge between good and evil, you could say. This is the management of the Earth was left to humanity. Or, why a third party overlooked it and did not intervene. But, if an AI with a clear basis for judgment were inserted, the Moon Cell would select the best future according to a single intelligence. — which is to say, the erasure of mankind. If they are to be ultimately destroyed, it is because now they must be destroyed. I think that as a decision to prevent waste of resources, it is highly rational.
Her entire quote is just saying that the mooncell does not want to deviate from being an impartial observer, she notes that the core is a higher dimensional existence and because of that, it knows how humanity will end. This is not saying it's higher than the mooncell, just that it's higher dimensional period, because as we were told by Rin, a higher dimensional entity will see the entirety of the timeline at once as flat, from a higher perspective.

All Rani is telling us is that since the recording medium in the core is higher d, it has this perspective, and thus can see the end result for the world.
It can be used and the barrier is inaccessible to the kernel,
This assumption comes from nowhere, considering the moment the barrier is broken, BB reaches the core that you're proposing is inaccessible to the barrier, the wall is all that protected the core
and it can be used in the same support context that Kinaku Nasu does not directly say to you while performing a feat in one of his works, "X structure is in Y dimension"
This isn't entirely true no, he does in fact, just do that sometimes
and it is the same for this 8-dimensional barrier, so what we need to do here is what Kinaku wrote and described if I'm wrong in what I said we should look again at Rani's speech I mentioned and if you think I'm being silly I would be happy if you could describe it in a way that proves it and logically (not like the MMA fighters example written on the subject)
(NOTE: the fact that the kernel is inaccessible to the barrier can be used as a support context)
As I said above, this would be the case if it's true, but it's sorta just being assumed despite evidence against that fact
And there may also be a context in the higher-dimensional perspective that the BB obtains after capturing the nucleus, and here's how it works,
(1)bb could describe a higher dimensional wall not only that she could interact with it with her imaginary number space manipulation
(2)its important where she was at its where the higher dimensions view the lower dimensions as flatscrolls d
(3)even with the 8D power as she broke the wall and possibly perception because she describes the wall
(4) her gaining higher dimensional senses scan after reaching the core and becoming one with her implies she didn't have them before
C it meaning she atleast had allat 8D when reaching the core she gained a even higher perspective (9D) additional evidence is them calling it a higher dimension existence
I wouldn't say this is necessarily the case. In fact it's noted that the wall is something she lacks the ability to break through even with infinite time. She only gets past it using INS's properties and a bunch of other exploits including the fact that her future self had reached the core, making it an immutable fact which helps her reach it in the past, this does not mean she had 8d power before reaching it, her having 8d power or an 8d perspective is sorta shown to be not true, with the whole "she couldn't do it with infinite time" the fact she only gains the higher d perspective over time after reaching the core, etc

I don’t know how many hours in the future it is, but at any rate BB has reached the Moon Cell. That fact alone is completely immovable. Having thus become a being of the recorded universe, BB, able to make things true retroactively, became aware of “this present moment.” …your head gets mixed up thinking about it though. So as soon as she became the Moon Cell, BB was able to convey “this present moment” even to her past self. …So, BB knew from the beginning. That no matter what we wouldn’t make it in time.
Rin :: …that’s really…what is was then. — Run, Hakunon! There’s no longer — no, there was never any way for us to oppose BB! This was determined from the beginning —
BB :: Correct. You were too late from the beginning. This game began after I reached the core, after all. Furthermore, under my ownership, no traces of intruders in this zone have been permitted. In order to eliminate inconsistencies, bugs will be erased. Searching for foreign bodies within Sakura Veil Grande. Individual name, Hakuno Kishinami. Servant, Gilgamesh. Both of you will be eliminated. Your time is now up.
In other words, CCC only happens because BB is already the Mooncell, at that point, the specifics of how it's done doesn't matter, because she's already become the core, meaning even if she hypothetically did nothing at all, she'd still become the core
I don't know if I can give an extra boost to what I said because there are 2 arguments and 2 sides may make sense and so at least "possibly 9D" will be enough for me

Thank you again for your opinion

Thank you for your time and participation. I also thought as such. We'll have to wait and see if the original Japanese says anything different.

If I'm not mistaken, the "a higher" part in English means higher, so if I'm not wrong, the word "more" here may be referring to 9D, where the kernel is higher dimensional (with the contexts I have given)

if I didn't make a translation error, it is 9D with contexts because when looking at the word, the word "a higher dimensional" was used for the core after the word "Mooncel is the eye of God". high can be said to refer to the previous sentence (or I'm schizophrenic now lol, do you think that makes sense?)
I may not be able to explain what I mean because my english is terrible, if you don't understand I can say it again
@DarkGrath @Paul_Frank

To include the full context of that statement, what does the whole conversation paragraph look like?
here is the long text of the panels I present

Based on the full context, I have to disagree with 9-D.
I'm not very interested in this crt anymore, but isn't the context sufficient for 9-D?

(I don't know if this has been talked about before now but,)
Isn't Moon Cell directly mentioned before this higher dimensional statement:? so I think "a higher dimensional" statement should be enough for this.

but if it's not going to be accepted, I guess it's not a problem for me.

It lines up with what @Paul_Frank said earlier. Nothing from Rani's full conversation makes the comparison of the dimensionality you are proposing.
what is it exactly? because i can see logic errors in what paul said

"This is entirely false. The context for that Rani quote is that Hakuno asks"

First of all, I think that I am still not able to express myself here and that the evidence I have given is in different interpretations so it is a confusion, so I want to say why the word high dimensional here is a 9D reference instead of 8D
As I mentioned in this structure, the word "a higher", that is, the word "a higher", which is used in the meaning of higher after talking about mooncell, refers to the previous expression, that is, after saying that the 8D mooncell is the eye of God, the word "higher dimension" for the core is "a higher dimensional". It is the same in this Japanese translation as "existence"

"In truth, it may have been to prevent cases like the present one from occurring. The Moon Cell is the eyes of god. The photon-based recording medium in the Core is a higher dimensional existence. The Moon Cell Core knows how the human race will end" this sentence is the long part of the panel I presented, we see the part mentioned in the sentence and we see that the photon-based recording medium in the kernel is referred to as "a higher dimensional existence", it is the same as the original part of the panel and the Japanese translation is the same as the English one, the thing here actually doesn't mean anything by itself. , so yes there can be a reference to 8D from here but as we examine the sentence structure we can see that there is a context for 9D and we can add extra context to it, but for now let's think of it as 8D

An extra context for Rani's speech that I just mentioned is that BB gains a high-dimensional perspective after crossing the barrier and reaching the core, of course, this doesn't make any sense in a word, but when we look deeply, we get the following result

primarily the core is an inaccessible point for the barrier
It would be absurd to think that BB's high-dimensional perspective is for 8D because the plot goes like this

that is, the perspective obtained by BB is not actually the 8D barrier, but a higher dimensional perspective after the core that even the barrier cannot reach, so this may be a context for 9D

I don't think there's much refutation in the evidence that paul said in the lore because he actually said more "no it's not like that" to the places you wanted to highlight and talked about the endless possibilities of extra lore still paul is knowledgeable but I don't think there is much refutation of what he said about it

what is it exactly? because i can see logic errors in what paul said

"This is entirely false. The context for that Rani quote is that Hakuno asks"

First of all, I think that I am still not able to express myself here and that the evidence I have given is in different interpretations so it is a confusion, so I want to say why the word high dimensional here is a 9D reference instead of 8D
As I mentioned in this structure, the word "a higher", that is, the word "a higher", which is used in the meaning of higher after talking about mooncell, refers to the previous expression, that is, after saying that the 8D mooncell is the eye of God, the word "higher dimension" for the core is "a higher dimensional". It is the same in this Japanese translation as "existence"

"In truth, it may have been to prevent cases like the present one from occurring. The Moon Cell is the eyes of god. The photon-based recording medium in the Core is a higher dimensional existence. The Moon Cell Core knows how the human race will end" this sentence is the long part of the panel I presented, we see the part mentioned in the sentence and we see that the photon-based recording medium in the kernel is referred to as "a higher dimensional existence", it is the same as the original part of the panel and the Japanese translation is the same as the English one, the thing here actually doesn't mean anything by itself. , so yes there can be a reference to 8D from here but as we examine the sentence structure we can see that there is a context for 9D and we can add extra context to it, but for now let's think of it as 8D
Yes the mooncell is the eyes of god specifically because of the recording medium of the core. That's what the sentence is explaining. This is supported by the fact that once BB reaches the core, they say it switched from the eyes of god to the brain of god, this entire sentence is just in reference to the core from start to finish. It's not like "the mooncell is the eyes of god and then the core is just this separate transcendent thing from that"

An extra context for Rani's speech that I just mentioned is that BB gains a high-dimensional perspective after crossing the barrier and reaching the core, of course, this doesn't make any sense in a word, but when we look deeply, we get the following result

primarily the core is an inaccessible point for the barrier
You keep saying this but you're just not reading the quote right. They're not saying the core is inaccessible to the barrier, they're saying the barrier is inaccessible to them (impossible to reach), and said barrier blocks the core off from them.

This is consistent with the fact that your interpretation would mean that the core is so far above the wall that its final defense is literally nonexistent in comparison to it, that is the worst final defense ever.

So no, the core isn't inaccessible to the barrier, its inaccessible because the barrier (the barrier stops us from reaching it, and we can't reach the barrier)
It would be absurd to think that BB's high-dimensional perspective is for 8D because the plot goes like this

that is, the perspective obtained by BB is not actually the 8D barrier, but a higher dimensional perspective after the core that even the barrier cannot reach, so this may be a context for 9D
Ignoring the part about the barrier being unable to reach it because I addressed this incorrect reading above, to quote myself from earlier, no, BB was not as strong as the wall. We know this very, very explicitly.
If she was, the wall wouldn't be so much stronger than her that infinite time couldn't break through, she wouldn't need the Labyrinth and everything else she used to avoid the mooncell, etc.

We straight up know she didn't have a higher dimensional perspective at all prior. So the assumption that her getting to the core and getting a higher d perspective means she got an even higher one than 8d falls apart there as well. Finally, further evidence that the core isn't infinitely superior to the wall, is the fact that exactly .00001 seconds after BB gets through the wall, she consumes the core. (They then go on to explain its actually been predetermined so that short time ago was actually 64 days, but the fact she can reach and engulf it right after getting through the wall shows that there's no way the core is infinitely above the wall)
I don't think there's much refutation in the evidence that paul said in the lore because he actually said more "no it's not like that" to the places you wanted to highlight and talked about the endless possibilities of extra lore still paul is knowledgeable but I don't think there is much refutation of what he said about it
I posted the entire quotes of the scenes rip, can't get much more evidence than that

Last edited:
Since to begin with the reasoning is shaky to the best (as most of those that have agreed with the premise have stated), the most knowledgeable members either disagree or are somewhat neutral, and various staff also seem to disagree with the premise, shouldn't the thread be closed?

Also, I'm sure there are better ways to upgrade the verse that don't rely in uncertain reasoning, which people apparently will post in a future (at least based in the comments in the general thread) so it should be better to wait until then instead of continue pushing for an upgrade like this.

Since to begin with the reasoning is shaky to the best (as most of those that have agreed with the premise have stated), the most knowledgeable members either disagree or are somewhat neutral, and various staff also seem to disagree with the premise, shouldn't the thread be closed?

Also, I'm sure there are better ways to upgrade the verse that don't rely in uncertain reasoning, which people apparently will post in a future (at least based in the comments in the general thread) so it should be better to wait until then instead of continue pushing for an upgrade like this.
Exactly what I thought as well. I'm fine with upgrading the moon cell and all but since there's going to be a big CRT for the verse soon anyways, this could have waited a bit.

You may be right

Yes the mooncell is the eyes of god specifically because of the recording medium of the core. That's what the sentence is explaining. This is supported by the fact that once BB reaches the core, they say it switched from the eyes of god to the brain of god, this entire sentence is just in reference to the core from start to finish. It's not like "the mooncell is the eyes of god and then the core is just this separate transcendent thing from that"

You keep saying this but you're just not reading the quote right. They're not saying the core is inaccessible to the barrier, they're saying the barrier is inaccessible to them (impossible to reach), and said barrier blocks the core off from them.

This is consistent with the fact that your interpretation would mean that the core is so far above the wall that its final defense is literally nonexistent in comparison to it, that is the worst final defense ever.

So no, the core isn't inaccessible to the barrier, its inaccessible because the barrier (the barrier stops us from reaching it, and we can't reach the barrier)

Ignoring the part about the barrier being unable to reach it because I addressed this incorrect reading above, to quote myself from earlier, no, BB was not as strong as the wall. We know this very, very explicitly.
If she was, the wall wouldn't be so much stronger than her that infinite time couldn't break through, she wouldn't need the Labyrinth and everything else she used to avoid the mooncell, etc.

We straight up know she didn't have a higher dimensional perspective at all prior. So the assumption that her getting to the core and getting a higher d perspective means she got an even higher one than 8d falls apart there as well. Finally, further evidence that the core isn't infinitely superior to the wall, is the fact that exactly .00001 seconds after BB gets through the wall, she consumes the core. (They then go on to explain its actually been predetermined so that short time ago was actually 64 days, but the fact she can reach and engulf it right after getting through the wall shows that there's no way the core is infinitely above the wall)

I posted the entire quotes of the scenes rip, can't get much more evidence than that
what about the logical argument for the 9D for you? or would it be helpful to contact the author and ask what actually happened on this panel?

You may be right
Glad you agree, now I can make a thread to upgrade a bit the verse and improve some pages (maybe not tomorrow since I will be busy but at some point of this week I want to post a crt addressing the calc and update some pages like Sakura or Rin).
what about the logical argument for the 9D for you? or would it be helpful to contact the author and ask what actually happened on this panel?
Go directly with authors (or related individuals) to ask things like this isn't allowed in the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back