• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate - 9D Mooncell (Continuation of the closed CRT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the core is the Moon Cell. why would it be unable to make a 9-D barrier to protect itself if it was also 9-D?
Because it is possible to create lower dimensional spaces while not necessarily possible to purely create spaces on the same dimension as us, I think ?

Because it is possible to create lower dimensional spaces while not necessarily possible to purely create spaces on the same dimension as us, I think ?
I agree, it's up to the author and it's not absurd that the core creates the barrier in a lower dimension than itself, it's a story-related thing actually, looking at everything from a tier point of view can open up absurd paths.

That's not what that scan actually says though, it just says higher dimensional existence, not what it's higher than; which is the very basis of your claim. Now if there are some sentences leading up to that statement that can provide what higher dimensional existence is supposed to be relative to, I'll hear you out...
Does that answer your comment ?
So, this recording medium contained in the core (the space behind the walls) can be used and merged with anytime, that's what BB did and it also explains her getting a higher dimensional perspective. The fact that the barrier is 8D doesn't matter much, but BB did get rid of it and then gained a higher dimensional perspective and higher powers by merging with that "recording medium".
Besides, what would be the point of precisely calling it a "higher dimensional existence" only for it to be 8D just like the rest of the already higher dimensional space and barrier that surround it ; that is, well after describing such barrier/space ?
Matter of fact, the barrier was described as cutting "up to the eighth dimension", implying that doing so is kind of trivial in the space in which it is. In that case, calling the recording medium "a higher dimensional existence" would mean that it is actually higher than said space, because if it was also 8D there would be no need to describe it as such : it would just be another existence in that 8D space.
In addition to not quite reaching the dimensional tiering threshold, as Excalibur Human pointed out, the core being 9D doesn't even make narrative sense.
Could you explain why exactly ? I don't really get it.

I agree, it's up to the author and it's not absurd that the core creates the barrier in a lower dimension than itself, it's a story-related thing actually, looking at everything from a tier point of view can open up absurd paths.
Yeah, not to forget that the barrier is here to protect the recording medium, because without it anyone could just use it or merge with it as they please. Point is that this specific component is superior in existence to everything else within the MoonCell, which is why BB gained that higher dimensional perspective when she merged with it.

why would it create a lower dimensional barrier when its whole purpose is to be the final defense for the core?

I’m not gonna discuss in this thread much bc I feel at fault for the last thread. So I’ll just say this.
The moon cell core does govern over the moon cell. But only has the higher dimensional perspective over the near side and universe. The barrier, which is the reason the moon cell is considered 8d, is unreachable normally to the near side anyway. So this coupled with the fact we don’t know what Rani was referring to when she said “higher dimensional” (which with the least assumptions would just be the higher dimensional perspective rin was talking about 5 seconds before this scan) will result in this just not having enough merit.

Yeah, not to forget that the barrier is here to protect the recording medium, because without it anyone could just use it or merge with it as they please. Point is that this specific component is superior in existence to everything else within the MoonCell, which is why BB gained that higher dimensional perspective when she merged with it.
Not everything else. Higher dimensional perspective verbatim doesn’t go over the far side, despite the core holding authority over that same far side.

why would it create a lower dimensional barrier when its whole purpose is to be the final defense for the core?
bro whether it creates a lower or equal dimension is not a refutation, a higher dimensional entity can create a lower dimensional entity or structure in itself

bro whether it creates a lower or equal dimension is not a refutation, a higher dimensional entity can create a lower dimensional entity or structure in itself
what do you not understand? it can. why the hell should it though? that barrier is meant to protect the core. why the hell would it make its last defense an entire dimension below it? honestly this is a waste of my time. unfollowing this thread.

I don't see why it would desperately protect itself with a degree-lower defense than it's actually capable of producing. Makes no sense.

Not everything else. Higher dimensional perspective verbatim doesn’t go over the far side, despite the core holding authority over that same far side.
Verbatim ? Could you link me such statement ? Afaik it's just specified that she gained a higher dimensional perspective.
Re-read what I said, plus the barrier is supposed to be protecting it until there's a winner in the MoonCell holy grail war so there was initially no need to make it 9D. The MoonCell didn't predict that BB would take over enough parts of the MoonCell to bruteforce the barrier.
that barrier is meant to protect the core. why the hell would it make its last defense an entire dimension below it?
Because it would make sense for it to be on the same dimension as the winner of the war before opening the walls and granting them with the higher dimensional reward with the core.

Anyways, whatever is argued on this thread will be repeated over and over like last time so let's just wait for actual staff members to evaluate it 🦧.
Just put disagree, neutral, or agree for the reasons already mentionned.

Last edited:
I don't see why it would desperately protect itself with a degree-lower defense than it's actually capable of producing. Makes no sense.
Maybe because it is actually unable of doing so and is just a higher dimensional existence rather than power ?
Explained the rest of my ideas right above.

To everyone looking at this message, just say you agree, disagree or are neutral but please let's just not make this derail or go in circles.

Can you provide the raw of the scan about 8 dimensions?
bro clearly you either have a problem with this 8D or you don't know about the universe, if you seriously have a question about 8D or if you think it's wrong open a crt about it and ask the admins who accept this, the purpose of this crt is already accepted 8D not to reinforce but to be able to go above 8D and again I say 8D is not my responsibility

bro clearly you either have a problem with this 8D or you don't know about the universe, if you seriously have a question about 8D or if you think it's wrong open a crt about it and ask the admins who accept this, the purpose of this crt is already accepted 8D not to reinforce but to be able to go above 8D and again I say 8D is not my responsibility
I just asked for the raw of a single scan? it doesn't matter whether it was accepted before. Can you?

Other than that, don't ask me for proof of 8D. The point of this revision is to give the universe a power up, not to make someone re-accept what was already accepted

This is eng translation. I already saw that. I asked for the raw? Just wanted to know what are the jap characters used in that sentence. Fate visual novels have massive mistranslations right?
it's not just translation errors for fate it's a very rooted language japanese this is actually the english version of japanese but i don't have japanese, i can find it if i look a bit but instead it might be more informative if you ask an admin who knows like i said

Neutral, leaning on agree this time

As some have mentioned the evidence seems little janky, so rather than making it outright 9D. We could keep the current rating but add likely higher, tho I'd be fine with the change either way.

Also nobody get Lucifer the scan, he'll continue derailing this by making the "translation is wrong" arguement and say dimensions should be actually translated to layers. Regardless if you agree or not, it would be pointless and irrelevant to discuss in this thread.

Neutral, leaning on agree this time

As some have mentioned the evidence seems little janky, so rather than making it outright 9D. We could keep the current rating but add likely higher, tho I'd be fine with the change either way.

Also nobody get Lucifer the scan, he'll continue derailing this by making the "translation is wrong" arguement and say dimensions should be actually translated to layers. Regardless if you agree or not, it would be pointless and irrelevant to discuss in this thread.
Yeah, anyways all the translators I could look for are saying the same thing. That is, the barrier cutting up to the eighth dimension which is clear enough and has been accepted a long time ago anyways (not to mention that a discussion rule has just been made about tier 1 nasu so we shouln't have to talk about it anymore).

Verbatim ? Could you link me such statement ? Afaik it's just specified that she gained a higher dimensional perspective.
“It’s too late now, but the real world and the near side of the moon are both operated as this observed universe. You understand so far?”

“On the other hand, the laws of the recorded universe are different. The perception of the recorded universe is over many dimensions…think of it as a higher dimensional existence.”

“The far side of the moon is fundamentally operated according to the laws of the recorded universe, not the observed universe.”

“BB has reached the Moon Cell. That fact alone is completely immovable. Having thus become a being of the recorded universe”

essentially the core has the same properties as the far side and that’s why it has the higher dimensional perspective. So it doesn’t look at the far side with it, just the observable universe (near side and universe)

Well, due to the closure of the previous CRT and the 10-11D arguments I have presented are ridiculous and lacking in context, I am now presenting a new scale for 9D, please do not engage in irrelevant conversations and relentless discussions within this CRT

First of all, what is mooncell? Mooncell is a supercomputer made by intelligent life forms, a structure built years before Earth was formed, mooncell stores and archives endless possibilities and repeats as many times as it wants and there is no limit to it

Mooncell consists of 7 layers and handles many regions/metaphysical things such as far and near side, core, barrier, imaginary space numbers, basically the barrier protecting the mooncell consists of 8 spatial dimensions and the Barrier can cut through this 8th Dimension and BB can break down this barrier with its ultimate purpose. seizes absolute dominance of mooncell

The core mooncell is made up of photonic crystals that power the mooncell and is the main cell that sustains the entire mooncell, where it supplies power is included in the barrier that cuts through the 8 dimensions
https://imgur.com/a/YsvfB31

Mooncell is already entitled to be 8-dimensional on the site, these parts are for qualitative purposes in the question of "Why is Mooncell 8-dimensional?" for those who do not know the universe and read this about tier, and the main issue is that the core is referred to as "High Dimension" in mooncell and this the term again applies to the imaginary space numbers within the far side of the moon , so we have 2 high dimensional terms, but since the imaginary space numbers are not a structure that governs all the mooncell, this may be evidence for the fact that the mooncell can also accommodate higher dimensions, not just 9D, and probably for all Mooncell . can make the whole structure 8D
https://imgur.com/a/jrDTXsD
https://imgur.com/a/4mp8BM3
https://imgur.com/a/j5qHFOK
https://imgur.com/a/fe9h7VN
https://imgur.com/a/1GyPDcx

Making the whole structure 8D will also make the core at least 8D so this point will probably be an answer to the questions that the core can be ''high dimensional over 4D'', ''But what is the proof that if we take the core in higher dimensionality, what is the proof that the whole Mooncell will scale?'' I would like to reiterate that at least it's 8D and I don't think there's even a need for proof for this question because the Core is what I said at the beginning of the article "is what governs all Mooncell" so it's obvious from here that we can scale all Mooncell at least so this is Mooncell 9D or at least scale over the barrier. probably all mooncell is 8D and core is at least 8D and 9D from being higher dimensional than Mooncell/or possibly 9D

(NOT : It is mentioned in rani's speech that the core is superior to the entire mooncell within the barrier)

Agree : Maxeez, rogueprestonian, Tdjwo, Georredannea15, RaveeCPN, Larssx, God243, AKUTO123, CRYING_POTATO_55

Disagree : LuciferX, CrystalValley, Yung Manzi

Neutral : Ubdon, Artorimachi_Meteoraft, Small_Ophion

I agreed but ngl I'm too busy to engage in this thread time
Neutral leaning towards disagree. Doesn't make much sense to me that the mooncell core will choose a wall that is one dimension lower than itself as its final wall of defence
This seems to be the main problem but we already know that the core is superior to the wall already so I don't think this should be a problem the only problem is to what extent
Jesus Christ! Stop bringing up this rubbish for the 100th time. It has already been discussed, and you know damn well the reason it's 8D so stop acting ignorant on purpose. You made 2 CRTs that got rejected based on this. What's wrong with you and your derailing comments?

A staff member should delete his comment.
Ong tho
you didn't answer me really. if the Moon Cell's core is 9-D it should be perfectly capable of creating a 9-D barrier to protect itself.
But we already know the core is superior to the wall so even if it created a 9D wall the same argument can be used because the core would still be superior the wall even if it made a 9D wall

I won't have time to respond all everything here but I still agree it doesn't make sense that BB could perceive a 8D wall describe it and destroy it but not have higher dimensional perspective relative to the wall at that specific point in time.

Just to gain higher dimensional perspective later on even tho evidence suggest that she already had it given the fact that she performed those set feats

So she either didn't have higher dimensional perspective prior to that not even on the level of the wall itself or she did gained the core and gained a even higher dimensional perspective using the next scan talking the core being higher dimensional necessitating that she core is 9D

Neutral leaning towards disagree. Doesn't make much sense to me that the mooncell core will choose a wall that is one dimension lower than itself as its final wall of defence.
That's like saying it makes no sense for an MMA fighter to own bodyguards, even if he's capable of beating those bodyguards. It doesn't matter if the core is a dimension higher than the wall. As long as the wall is deemed strong enough to protect the core regardless of being weaker, then this isn't a good counter.

That's like saying it makes no sense for an MMA fighter to own bodyguards, even if he's capable of beating those bodyguards. It doesn't matter if the core is a dimension higher than the wall. As long as the wall is deemed strong enough to protect the core regardless of being weaker, then this isn't a good counter.
Not the best argument. Mma fighters are unable to get fighters on their level for a good price. There are many other factors that go into hiring guards.

What? The problem isn't that the mooncell is using something weaker to protect its core the problem is it is using something infinitely weaker. Thats like if the MMA fighter used drawings of bodyguards instead of actual body guards.
Anyways still neutral. Both side of the argument seems to make sense to me to a certain degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back