• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail - Tartaros Arc problem

Not ALL of the things in FT r PIS. Idk how people say that Natsu being both Sting/Rogue is PIS though and a couple of other stuff but it is true that most of FT is full of wtf. Natsu oneshotted Spriggans is PIS or outlier since he was gonna use Dragon Kind Mode of Brandish yet one shotted Emxhanced Neihart who was said to be stronger then Brandish. I already explain the Sema thing about Jellal yet no one is trying to comment on what IVE said. Natsu bearing Zeref was nothing but PoF (don't know how PIS came into play and yes it was PoF cause I've read it more then like 3 times). Natsu beating Acno was REALLY lame and I guess is could see where the PIS is since Acno can absorb ALL magic but couldn't absorb the magic from all the DS in Natsus fist. Erza BS poweruo is understandable bough it came to the point that it just got old and used to, I mean she said she couldn't move when her body was broken and she knew she couldn't beat Irene by herself but being able to destroy a higher version of Sema of Dragon Irene and hurting her made people mad and I could see it.

EDIT: all the PIS I've said is about the main fight but yeah not all of FT is PIS

PIS implies something that goes against the main characters normal consistent power and makes no sense, The characters getting Frienship Powerups and beating opponents they couldn't beat before has been throughout the story, is it realky PIS if the characters keep getting OP Friendship Powerups, nope, just Wonky Writing

I know this is necro, but I still think that it's rather silly that all the oracion seis are considerably above the Etherious, Laxus, and the dual element dragon slayers. It doesn't make much sense in the context of the series. The O6 in x784 were somewhere between natsu and Erza level. However, in between the time of the O6 arc and the GMG arc, all of the O6 were held in prison, rendered unable to use their magic. They had no means of training for 7 years. The first time we saw one of them fight post-timeskip was when Cobra helped fight the dragons. Although the dragons were significantly stronger than all the slayers at the time, Cobra did no more damage and wasn't any more impressive than the likes of Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy in this situation. Then, the O6 get overwhelmed in a 4v1 where Jellal catches all their punches, negates their attacks, and is really only affected by Midnight's hax. It was very apparent that Jellal was leagues above all of them. On top of that, Hiro Mashima wrote the story for the Fairy Tail: Rhodonite, which depicts base Gajeel and Cobra sparring, and it's heavily implied that those 2 would be an even match. Yet, on Cobra's profile, he goes from Cobra~=Gajeel, to Cobra>>>Gajeel, to Gajeel>Cobra, and Cobra only trained in between #2 and #3. At this point, I don't see how Sema isn't an outlier. There was another situation in the nnt threads, where Galand sliced his opponent in half and later suplexed his enemy's magic attack back at them, yet he didn't even partially scale. The situation with the O6 was much more one-sided, yet they're being scaled fully.

The OS scale because its their only feat during that arc/time period. The only anti feat one can bring to the table is the dragon ignoring Cobra but a dragon also ignored Laxus who is 7-A as well.

It doesn't matter if it's their only feat if that feat is an outlier. That's like saying Levy is Spriggan tier in x792 because she survived Over Skeltal. Also, I don't see why you think the fact that Gajeel and Cobra being comparable immediately after Tartaros isn't worth mentioning. It fits way more with the continuity of powerscaling in the series than this random power spike the O6 apparently had for one arc from Sema.

>Outlier

>The only feat they have

You are gonna have to pick one dude.

Levy actually is currently Mountain+ which can survive it and may be going to lower Mountain or maybe Large Mountain.

Blame Jellal for having a good feat, also his only decent feat to calc that arc, and for only fighting Jura who is stated to be so far above everyone else as the strongest legal mage on the continent outside of the 4 Gods of Ishgar.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Levy_McGarde Clearly isn't at least 7-A, but that might be an issue of updating her profile.

Saying that Jellal is comparable to someone who is far above everyone else just highlights how far out the idea of the O6 being comparable to him after they rotted in jail for 7 years would be. It's just so random and unjustified.

Anyways, I might wait to see if Sema goes down to a 7-B feat. It would make a lot more sense to downscale them to low-7B to fit with the Cobra vs Gajeel feat if Jellal himself is a 7-B.

Speak of the devil, the 7-B calc was accepted. That currently scales Jellal somewhat close to the Etherious. That would further justify the O6 to be in low-7B, since base Gray was able to contest (and defeat) silver in a 1v1. With that in mind, it is completely reasonable to assume that 4 low 7-B characters would do as well as the O6 did against Jellal.

Actually Sema is still being discussed. Idk who made the changes this early and it looks like it could potentially stay.

Back