• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Even More Small Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
There's just some more small stuff to go over, so let's do it

1. Base Jackal scales far above Grand Magic Games Dragon Force Sting and Rogue, who are each 7-A (537.9 Megatons), so he should upscale to Baseline 7-A+ (550 Megatons)

2. X791 Bacchus is far stronger than his X784 self, who was equal to X784 Erza and therefore 7-A (452.3 Megatons), so his X791 self should upscale to Baseline 7-A+ (550 Megatons)

3. Tartaros Arc Oracion Seis should be backscaling from X791 Jellal and not scaling directly to him, they do notably fight and damge him, as well as taking hits from him, but it's implied this is mainly due to them teaming up. Also it doesn't make much sense for the Oracion Seis to scale to someone who soloed their Guild by their lonesome, so we should have them backscale to Baseline High 7-A (1 Gigaton)

4. X791 Dragon Force Wendy and Etherious Form Ezel scales far above Base Ezel, who is 7-A+ (717.2 Megatons), so they should upscale to Baseline High 7-A (1 Gigaton)

5. X792 Jellal should not be scaling to High 6-A (17.74 Petatons). Jellal's feats in Alvarez are really all over the place. For one thing, Jellal one-shotting Base Neinhart, a Spriggan, does not make him comparable to FDKM Natsu, because of one very obvious reason. Jellal one-shots Base Neinhart, Base Natsu two-shots Enhanced Neinhart, meaning Base Natsu has a better feat than Jellal. In order for Jellal to scale to FDKM Natsu, he would have to one-shot a Spriggan that is on level with Base Natsu, such as Jacob, Ajeel, Invel, or Bloodman. But since Jellal only one-shot Base Neinhart. He would just scale far above High 6-A (4.435 Petatons). He later gets clapped by August without putting up any kind of fight, so that doesn't help. The only savior for him is his performance against Acnologia. He managed to block an attack from an Acnologia that was aimed at a severely injured Erza and Wendy, so that isn't very solid. And Jellal then pushes Acnologia back a little and makes him go "Urk", but that's not really solid. We can't compare this to Irene, cause Acnologia thought Irene was impressive somewhat and just laughed at Jellal. So unless anyone can justify him scaling to someone else, High 6-A (4.435 Petatons) is what he should be.

I believe that's everything, but if anyone else has any other minor value changes they think warrant a mention, please do

Last edited:
Jellal didn’t even oneshot Neinhart properly. Got one shot by Nein when he was trying to protect Kagura (meaning his defense was up) and then got an emotion amp to one shot. Downscale this man to 6-A+.

Agree on the rest.

Jellal didn’t even oneshot Neinhart properly. Got one shot by Nein when he was trying to protect Kagura (meaning his defense was up) and then got an emotion amp to one shot. Downscale this man to 6-A+.

Agree on the rest.
Disagree with that, I agree Jellal was knocked out by Neinhart

But he clearly took the hit to his back intentionally, he should still scale above Base Neinhart

Last edited:
Agree with the first 4, however Jellal was able to take Acnologia crushing him with above etherion magic power and even blocked a magic blast from him in Human form, God Serena was easily one shot just by human Acnologia moving his arm, while I don't think Jellal should scale to above Etherion for surviving getting crushed, he should at least scale to or above God Serena for blocking an attack that's above what killed God Serena.

I already discussed all of this with you, so an easy agree to everything!
1. Base Jackal scales far above Grand Magic Games Dragon Force Sting and Rogue, who are each 7-A (537.9 Megatons), so he should upscale to Baseline 7-A+ (550 Megatons)
He already downscales from Base Natsu, which makes this incredibly consistent.
2. X791 Bacchus is far stronger than his X784 self, who was equal to X784 Erza and therefore 7-A (452.3 Megatons), so his X791 self should upscale to Baseline 7-A+ (550 Megatons)
This would scale to Elfman's X791 Base, right?
3. Tartaros Arc Oracion Seis should be backscaling from X791 Jellal and not scaling directly to him, they do notably fight and damge him, as well as taking hits from him, but it's implied this is mainly due to them teaming up. Also it doesn't make much sense for the Oracion Seis to scale to someone who soloed their Guild by their lonesome, so we should have them backscale to Baseline High 7-A (1 Gigaton)
Especially since Jellal was holding back up until he used Grand Chariot
4. X791 Dragon Force Wendy and Etherious Form Ezel scales far above Base Ezel, who is 7-A+ (717.2 Megatons), so they should upscale to Baseline High 7-A (1 Gigaton)
1.4x is a tad high of an upscale but in this situation it is consistent.
I believe that's everything, but if anyone else has any other minor value changes they think warrant a mention, please do
IMO, Elfman's X791 keys should be merged, since his Base Form's AP is comparable to his Base durability which took many hits from Bacchus, who scales far above Lamy (550 megatons for Bacchus vs 179.3 megatons for Lamy), so his GMG and Tartaros keys shouldn't be split IMO.

It should just be one key that says: "7-A+, High 7-A with Beast Soul"

Agree with the first 4, however Jellal was able to take Acnologia crushing him with above etherion magic power and even blocked a magic blast from him in Human form, God Serena was easily one shot just by human Acnologia moving his arm, while I don't think Jellal should scale to above Etherion for surviving getting crushed, he should at least scale to or above God Serena for blocking an attack that's above what killed God Serena.
Ok, now this I can get behind

Yeah, Jellal should scale above God Serena, who is still only far above High 6-A (4.435 Petatons), but the point remains

Disagree with that, I agree he was knocked out by Jellal

But he clearly took the hit to his back intentionally, he should still scale above Base Neinhart
Yes, he intentionally took the hit which means his guard and magic are up and he still got one shot. He literally cannot scale to Nein when his own one shot only occurred when he was insanely pissed which is an amp. Look at this shit.

Yes, he intentionally took the hit which means his guard and magic are up and he still got one shot. He literally cannot scale to Nein when his own one shot only occurred when he was insanely pissed which is an amp. Look at this shit.
Ok, I respect you Anonymous, but you capping...

Jellal isn't THAT weak, he wasn't notably injured, just knocked unconscious cause he tanked the full blast to his back in order to protect Kagura. He was also mentally nerfed after seeing Simon. I don't see him one-shotting Neinhart as a massive amp that isn't his regular power, I see it as him actually getting serious and using his regular power

Everything looks fine, but I agree with Eseso that the Wendy and Ezel upscale is a bit too much.

Everything looks fine, but I agree with Eseso that the Wendy and Ezel upscale is a bit too much.
A 1.39x difference is not too much

Especially when you consider Base Ezel is scaling far above 717.2 Megatons due to 4x Base Wendy being unable to even scratch him

Ok, I respect you Anonymous, but you capping...
Thank you but right back at ya.
Jellal isn't THAT weak,
This version really is.
he wasn't notably injured, just knocked unconscious cause he tanked the full blast to his back in order to protect Kagura.
So his defense is up. You can’t even argue stuff like off guard here. We’ve seen people take hits to the face and not get KO’d by comparable or higher APs to their defense but you’re trying to say Jellal got ****** up by someone a whole one shot weaker because of a mental nerf?
He was also mentally nerfed after seeing Simon.
Mentally ner- what? With that logic, his one shot of Neinhart was mentally nerfed too which is bunk as hell.
I don't see him one-shotting Neinhart as a massive amp that isn't his regular power, I see it as him actually getting serious and using his regular power
How is it just him getting serious? He can use his strongest spells without sweating from the exertion like he did here. We’ve seen him do it.

It’s either he doesn’t scale to Spriggan tier or his durability is ass without using magic barriers because his magic beams >>> his physical showings.

I do support the upscale for Ezel FRA, I just don't advise doing it too much in future CRT's.

And I agree with Jellal scaling above God Serena.

Also @DemonGodMitchAubin , what do u think of my X791 Elfman key merge proposal?

Thank you but right back at ya.

This version really is.

So his defense is up. You can’t even argue stuff like off guard here. We’ve seen people take hits to the face and not get KO’d by comparable or higher APs to their defense but you’re trying to say Jellal got ****** up by someone a whole one shot weaker because of a mental nerf?

Mentally ner- what? With that logic, his one shot of Neinhart was mentally nerfed too which is bunk as hell.

How is it just him getting serious? He can use his strongest spells without sweating from the exertion like he did here. We’ve seen him do it.

It’s either he doesn’t scale to Spriggan tier or his durability is ass without using magic barriers because his magic beams >>> his physical showings.
I just hard disagree, Jellal displays far better Durability feats this arc and wasn't actually damaged by Neinhart's attack

He took attacks from Ultimate Magic Form August, who even at his weakest, should be massively above Base Neinhart

So my point still stands, I will not agree with your massive Jellal downplay

On the other stuff.

Ezel upscales FRA, Elfman’s base does not scale to Bacchus AP for reasons I told Eseseso on Discord, keys might be able to fused tho.
I just hard disagree, Jellal displays far better Durability feats this arc and wasn't actually damaged by Neinhart's attack

He took attacks from Ultimate Magic Form August, who even at his weakest, should be massively above Base Neinhart
… he and his whole squad got their teeth kicked in by August. That feat doesn’t count for anything. May as well start arguing Jellal scales to serious Human Acno.
So my point still stands, I will not agree with your massive Jellal downplay
It doesn’t and I’m not downplaying 😭

1, 3 and 4 I agree

Though for number 2...was it even stated that Bacchus got stronger? In fact iirc, on his ID card it's stated his strength hasn't changed no?

As for Number 5, I'm neutral since you ain't wrong about X792 Jellal's scaling making no sense for the most part. I'll wait to see how you and Anonymous work this out O guess

On the other stuff.

Ezel upscales FRA, Elfman’s base does not scale to Bacchus AP for reasons I told Eseseso on Discord, keys might be able to fused tho.

… he and his whole squad got their teeth kicked in by August. That feat doesn’t count for anything. May as well start arguing Jellal scales to serious Human Acno.

It doesn’t and I’m not downplaying 😭
Elfmans current profile even states base Elfman's ap in the GMG = his durability which took many hits from Bacchus

Actually ignore 2. in general, I just found a huge issue with Azuma's Calc that would completely invalidate it

Actually ignore 2. in general, I just found a huge issue with Azuma's Calc that would completely invalidate it
1. What's wrong with it?

2. Then the X784 Saint lvl people would only scale to 326 megatons which is too low to upscale.

3. What do you think about merging the X791 Elfman keys?

Ok wow, Terra Clamare is still 7-A... Just weaker

It's only 130 Megatons, not gonna be used, but it still is a supporting feat

Also, I'm pretty sure this means Cana scales above X792 Jellal due to actually doing a decent job against August, lol.

Also, I'm pretty sure this means Cana scales above X792 Jellal due to actually doing a decent job against August, lol.
Nah, we don't know how August vs Jellal actually played out because it was off screen, he also doesn't have holder type magic which also muddies this idea of cana scaling above jellal.

Nah, we don't know how August vs Jellal actually played out because it was off screen, he also doesn't have holder type magic which also muddies this idea of cana scaling above jellal.
I mean, Cana currently scales above the OSG due to doing way better against August, so it should still be the same for Jellal now that Jellal isn't FDKM tier.

Not to mention, Cana took hits from August and was relatively fine, compared to Jellal who was washed.

She also actually managed to damage him and make him take her seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back