• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Magic Has Soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Glass

The momento mori were never used against zeref since it was created after zeref left the nine demon gates and he labled them as useless.

I can agree to this, but you'd have to realize how weak this would be and pretty much not applicable in combat. Most of the Slayers only eat their own element, it's not like they can just bite anyone and eat part of their soul or eat their soul based attack.

It should be added, but I don't see it being combat applicable much, so I agree with limited being added.

also, feats>>>>statements, the resistance to soul hax is only from a statement, and the feats completely contradict the statement when he has no sign of resisting any form of soul hax.

@iMade

It won't allow them to effect souls inside vessals, it will only allow them to effect pieces of souls that are roaming around or pieces of souls inside attacks. That's why they have limited, instead of complete. Since they haven't showned to effect a fully soul aside from natsu who was able to destroy acnologia's soul and he was also able to burn his very own soul.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I still am against giving resistance to the Tartaros Haxes to Zeref.
Pretty sure we had two threads about this already where Zeref only got resistances to those he actually demonstrated resistance for. If this is being argued about again then its an immediate no from me.

@Kaiser Even Natsu is limited except in Seven Flames Mode since Natsu never oneshots a soul in previous modes.

@Glass

Zeref resisting soul hax isn't a just a statement, we saw him resist larcades pleasure magic. This is a feat, not a statement.

Also the nine demon gate were created to kill zeref, this is a hard fact that can't be denied. Also zeref saying that the nine demon gates couldn't kill him, is a statement with a fact behind. He created them to kill him, they failed to kill him. This was said by zeref himself, not by someone else.

@iMade

Natsuburninghissoul
Crunchyroll Translation

Natsu in his savage mode, was able to burn his very own soul. So him in that form should also have soul manipulation.

@Kaiser that's a statement, not a feat, and again, the feats completely contradict his statement.

There's no reason to talk about Zeref resisting the cursed here when we had two threads already about it an it was settle on things we could prove.

@Kaiser

Natsu didnt one shot his soul, it'd be limited as well since it happens over time.

@Kaiser you resist the ability and have the feats to not contradict it, simple as that. We only got a statement to back it up, and the feats contradict it completely. What part of that do you not understand?

@iMade

Makes sense. So he should only get soul manipulation for seven flame form, and limited soul manipulation for the rest.

What do you think about celestial spirit. being real spirits. If everyone in the verse can interact with them, shouldn't everyone get a none physical interaction on their profile.

Many mages in fairy tail has shown to be able to fight and hurt celestial spirit, even tho they are just spirit. In the fight with franmalth, he was able to absorb taurus and aries's whole body. Doesn't this futher prove that they're truly just spirits.

@glass

There are both feats and statements to back it up. What you are arguing is like A resisted mind hax from B but then got mind hax'd by C later in the story, thus A does not have resistance. Basic logic didctates that C's mind hax is simply stronger than B's.

@Blank where's the feat? I'd like to know where the feat is, cause both Larcade and Natsu affecting his soul completely contradicts the statement.

Theglassman12 said:
@Imade there is a reason to talk about it when it's iffy at best and contradicting at worst.
The only resistances we added were the ones we could prove for Zeref. It's why Zeref didn't get resistance to like Existence Erasure from Mard Geer.

@Kaiser

I don't think of the Celestial Spirits as non-physical, they don't have statements nor feats saying they would be.

@Imade and we're discussing the legitimacy of those proof cause they're contradicted by actual feats.

@glass

He resisted Larcade and we have statements that he couldn't die to the 9DG Curses. Go read the previous thread that got this accepted because your refusal to accept something so simple is starting to annoy me. Imma head off before I do something stupid.

Night all.

@Blank the feats>>>>>>>>>statements, that's how it's always been here, and in vs debate in general. There's only one statement that claims he resist them, and the feats contradict the statement.

@Imade the tartaros resistance since there's feats that contradict zeref resisting the abilities to begin with.

@iMade

The celestial spirits are classified as spirits in the fairy tail world. They come from a world of their own called the celestial spirit world. If they truly had a physical body, how come franmalth was able to absorb their whole body, rather then just absorbing their spirit/soul.

@Glass

The whole case about zeref and the nine demon gate has already been discussed and that thread is already closed. If you disagree with zeref and his resistance against the nine demon gates's abilities, then please make a CRT about it.

Also you should check out this page (Resistance), it will help you understand what resistance truly means.

@Imade soul and power nulling, and likely all the others cause nothing about the statement is reliable when it's contradicted via other soul users that he did face.

@Kaiser there's already a CRT about FT here, I might as well discuss it here. You also don't understand what the whole "feats>>>>statements" statement means, cause there's no feat in FT that supports him having soul resistance.

@Glass

You arguement has nothing to do with the topic we're talking about here. This thread was created to discuss magic having soul, not about resisting attacks.

Please read the op again and tell me where i talked about zeref and resistance, this whole thread was derailed.

@IMade

The difference is that every other soul released was a glowing ball while Aries and Taurus were released as whole body how they normally look (with no glowing). Even Hades was a glow ball before he took on his normal (but glowing) appearance.

Hades took on his normal look before dispersing back. There difference between these were that the Celestial Spirits were alive and the others were dead.

@iMade

We didn't see him absorbing them, but we saw him releasing them. When he released them, their whole body came out. Also when franmalth was defeated, we saw all the souls coming out of his body. They all looked like the shape of a ball, only hades was able to turn his soul into a human shape. So if franmalth absorbed natsu's soul, it only look like those balls. he wouldn't absorb natsu's whole body.

So i think the celestial spirits are just spirits, but they have taken a more humaniod shape. Just like hades, and acnologia in the space between time. His spirit took a human form, and it was able to fight natsu and his team just like a celestial spirit can.

@Glass

Lucy only caused him to release them, but it was still him who released them. He didn't want to be taken to the celestial spirit world.

She was the one who did the force closure, which caused the spirits to get out of his body. Franmalth had no control over that

The gate closure was gonna BFR him the CS world, he ditched them so he it wouldn't happen. Thats why he stopped trying to soul rip Natsu when she tried to "close his gate" since that would BFR him too. Short of him dying, every instance involved him choosing to release the souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back