• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Magic Has Soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy tail magic
Fairy tail magic and souls

In one of the very early chapters of fairy tail, we see makarov talking about the nature of magic and how it works. He also talks about how a mage needs to pour their soul into whatever magic they're doing. At first this sounded like a flowery speach, but it all changed when we saw Franmalth's curse ability. Franmalth was able to absorb the piece of soul inside natsu's magic, allowing him to gain natsu's ability. This was when magic in the fairy tail verse was truly proven to have a piece of the users soul inside them.
There is also the case with atlas flames, natsu and his team were able to talk with atlas flames's soul that was inside his hellfire. This is the second proof for magic having a piece of the users soul inside it.

So what does this really change?. This will allow any character who has destroyed a another mage's magic, to gain a limited soul manipulation for being able to destroy the piece of soul inside their magic. It will also allow any character who has eaten someone else's magic to gain a limited soul absorption.

Characters who will gain a upgrade from this will be:

Natsu:
Who is able to burn other peoples magic. He will also get limited soul absorption from being able to eat other fire mages magic, he was also able to eat atlas flames's flames in which contains a piece of the users soul.

Gildarts: He will get a limited soul manipulation for being able to destroy bluenote's magic.

Gray/Silver: In their ice devil slayer mode, they should get limited soul absorption for being able to eat other ice mage's magic.

God Slayers: They should get limited soul absorption for being able to eat other magic users ability that is the same to their own.

Dragon Slayers: They should get limited soul absorption for being able to eat other magic users ability that is the same to their own.

Dragons: They should get limited soul absorption for being able to eat other magic ability that is the same as their own.

Erza: In her nakagami armor, she should get limited soul manipulation for being able to destroy other peoples magic.

Celestial Spirit King: He should get limited soul manipulation for being able to dispel alegeria's magic.

Acnologia: He should get limited soul absorption for being able to eat other peoples magic.

Atlas Flames: His flames are able to dispel magic, so he should get limited soul manipulation. He is should also be able to eat other fire magic.

Igneel: His flames should work the same as natsu. If natsu's flames are able to burn other peoples magic, igneel's flames should also be able to do the same since they both use the same magic. So he should get power nullification and soul manipulation on his profile for the same reason as natsu.

Note: This is all the characters i can think of that has shown to be able to eat or destroy someone else's magic, if you know a another magic users who has shown the ability to be able to destroy or eat someone else magic then please tell me so i can add them to the list.

Zeref : I saw that his profile has magic nullification. But i don't remember the reason for it, so i didn't add in there. If you remember the reason for his magic nullification, then please tell me so i can add him to the list.

KaiserReinhardt said:
Zeref : I saw that his profile has magic nullification. But i don't remember the reason for it, so i didn't add in there. If you remember the reason for his magic nullification, then please tell me so i can add him to the list.
Magic Nullification is just that this is part of the following resistances he has and I do not even remember why he has it since he was affected by Natsu's Limited Power Nullification.

@Enryu

It could be that natsu was able to over power his magic nullification. Also i think zeref should get limited magic nullification, instead of magic nullification.

It's good, given the proof with Franmalth, but it needs to be specified that they can't affect souls inside of vessels to avoid a misunderstanding, aside from arguably Natsu.

I will make another thread for it at some later date.

There is also something regarding Laxus I want to question as well. That will get a thread as well.

Resistance to Magic Null comes from Keye's not being able to null him with the magic barrier particles. Natsu's power null being able to null Zeref is not an anti feat for Zeref's resistance but a feat for the quality of Natsu's power null.

This seems more like flowery language considering makarov was just making a speech about his guild and how they don't need to take orders from the counsel. As for the franmalth page, why should happy be a legitimate source to base on when he's much dumber than everyone else in the guild? If it was Erza or Makarov that mentions the soul thing, that would be legit since they have some knowledge with magic.

The magic nullification I'm also skeptical on considering that never happened with zeref nor was it stated at all, not to mention when he fought Natsu, that very same ability that he should resist completely screwed him over.

@glass

It's not happy's statement that we are using, it's the fact that franmalth using his soul absorption was able to absorb natsu's magic. This indeed prove that magic does contain a piece of soul, we also see this in the giant villiage with atlas flames. His hellfire still had a piece of his soul, in which they used inorder to talk with him.

Makarov talking about pouring once soul into their magic, might have sounded flowery talk at first. But after the case with franmalth and atlas flames, it became a reality.

Completely agree with the OP. For more evidence on Acno, add that he ate the souls of the five Dragon parents and likely most of the other Dragons.

On the topic of Franmalth, shouldn't the whole verse get soul manipulation, or at least limited, since he shows that Celestial Spirits are nothing but spirits and everyone can interact with and destroy parts of them when they get injured?

@Blank he never ate their souls, if that was the case, they'd never show up to fight in Tartaros. The celestial spirits have never really shown any form of spiritual state when they always take in a physical form to begin with.

@Kaiser ahh ok, then I guess it seems legit.

@glass Souls are souls regardless of whether they are physical or not. It could be that they seem physical because everyone can interact with them anyway but thats headcanon stuff. The fact that people can damage them means people have limited soul manipulation.

@Blank the celestial spirits were never mentioned to be souls at all, unless there's a scab out there that I'm missing that says that they are.

It seem @blank makes sense. Human acnologia in the space between time he was a spirit/soul, yet he wasn't different then any celestial spirit. He seemed phyisical and was able to talk and fight with the 7 dragon slayers.

Edit: Spirit: the non-physical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

"we seek a harmony between body and spirit"

synonyms: soul, psyche, inner self, inner being, essential being; More

@glass The CS are definitely souls seeing as Franmalth Absorbtion Curse is meant to absorb souls. He straight up absorbed Taurus and Aries, everyone else who can interact with CS (which seems to be everyome really) gets limited soul manipulation.

KaiserReinhardt said:
@Burning
I agree with you on that. Aside from natsu, the rest shouldn't be able to effect souls inside vessals.
I agree with this

@Blank

Good point. Franmalth was able to absorb their whole body using his curse ability, this proves that celestial spirits are indeed spirits or franmalth wouldn't have been able to absorb their whole body.

So anyone who was able to hit and interact with celestial spirits, should get limited soul manipulation and non phyiscal interaction.

It's never said what happened to the Dragons Souls after Acno reaped them, it's simply stated that they were weakened and left in a half dead state.

That said only the top part about Spirit Flow between the Mage and Nature should be considered.

I'm neutral but leaning towards agreeing

Speaking of franmalth, why is natsu and lucy and happy resistant to his hax when that never happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back