• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 6

I know it's a meme but I don't get why people are annoyed with PoF when it's a canon thing that emotions make your magic stronger. Like, it's an established mechanic yet a lot of people say its bs when peeps win fights with it. Like, in DC there's a whole Corps of 4-Bs that fight with the power of love, Saiyans can massively stronger through rage boosts to the power where a 4-B was able to fight a Low 2-C for a few seconds because his wife got slapped, Meliodas regaining his emotions after having them stolen made him much stronger,etc. But none of these guys get flak for having emotion based strength on the same level that FT does. Like, imagine Hulk beating a villain and then someone goes "lol this is PIS Hulk only won because he was angry". It doesn't make any sense.

They may call it trash, but at least it has sexy waifus and great artwork, also fun characters and a story that doesn't make you depressed as fuq like everything else nowadays

The only problem I have with FT is that the hype tends to not pay off since Mashima stuffs so much of it into the series ..... so a good bit of the later arc fights.

The "this is bad but the girls are hot so im staying" is an annoying thing to see too. If you're that horny go watch some hentai or play MGQ or something.

I can understand not liking FT for one reason or the other, u can't exactly help other ppls opinions on something. What I personally find confusing is the fact that the hate is disproportionate to the actual reasons for hating. It almost feels hilariously excessive when u really look at it;

"the characters win via friendship? Lol it's the worst series ever! And the ppl who enjoy it are all complete idiots for liking this relatively harmless series!"

"What! characters get stronger because they believe in power and friendship, that's so stupid, it's not like it happens in 90% of all shonen anime"

I'm pretty sure Zoro has just as many wtf bullshit deus machina moments as Erza, cough cough Thriller Bark Finale, but he's seen as badass so it's ok that he gets bs powerups and nonsensical feats that he shouldn't survive

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Saint Seiya used the same mechanic as FT and people are okay about it. But when FT did it....
TBF, Saint Seiya's mechanic is quite different. It's explained that their power boost comes from Athena (Saint Seiya) due to miracles. It isn't really an emotional based power boost.

Ugh, why do Fairy Tail CRT's always have to be this stressful, it could be something small and it would still be opposed, I thought I wouldn't let them get to me anymore, but when I see such unreasonable downplays and lack of logic, they frustrate me

I hope we no more controversial stuff till summer ends

TBF, Saint Seiya's mechanic is quite different. It's explained that their power boost comes from Athena (Saint Seiya) due to miracles. It isn't really an emotional based power boost.

And zeref explain the more stronger our feeling are towards something, more strong magic you can use

Oh yeah she does have resistance to mind manipulation.

On the other hand, Aldron is apparently carrying 5 cities on his person so I imagine we'll get a good lifting feat out of that. But we still don't get a full view of his body and it's proportions, we see a bit more of him but not the whole thing

I don't think we are going to see the full body, otherwise, we already see it, but damn i feel like it's enough to give a country tier ap

AstralKing7 said:
Aw damn already having a confrontation between White mage and Natsu so I guess this manga won't be too long
Not necessarily, that'd be true if they face and beat her here. She might pull an Ignia and retreat for whatever reason or the other b4 she can be truly dealt with

AstralKing7 said:
Aw damn already having a confrontation between White mage and Natsu so I guess this manga won't be too long
They still have 4 dragon gods and dragon eaters left.

I guess touka will control wood dragon god like he did with mercu, and make him to attack natsu and retreat. Since aldron look like a nice dragon( lifting cities for human sake) and basically didn't have any reason to fight humans at all

The sooner theyou at the white mage the better. The 5 God dragons and the dragon eaters are a better plot to me.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
"What! characters get stronger because they believe in power and friendship, that's so stupid, it's not like it happens in 90% of all shonen anime"

I'm pretty sure Zoro has just as many wtf bullshit deus machina moments as Erza, cough cough Thriller Bark Finale, but he's seen as badass so it's ok that he gets bs powerups and nonsensical feats that he shouldn't survive
Zoro doesn't have half as many moments like that, also he's only had like one power up in the entire series. Not even close to being comparable, not just one piece but any other shonens you're thinking. FT is extreme in its friendship/emotion boosts

It's not just about powerups, him being able to tank all of the damage Luffy's ever taken is very similar to how Erza gets back up after all of her bones are broken.

I agree, but that's a single example, there's probably a few more but that's it. Fairy tail doesn't get criticised because of these things happening but rather the frequency of them happening. Also it's disingenuous to say the friendship/emotion is the only issue with fairy tail, there's plenty more stuff, people just mainly focus on that

Zoro doesn't have half as many moments like that, also he's only had like one power up in the entire series. Not even close to being comparable, not just one piece but any other shonens you're thinking. FT is extreme in its friendship/emotion boosts

Not to mention zoro didn't overcome that and beat Kuma

There's a lot of info this chapter provides us with, for one, Aldron chilled and was in hiding 500 Years Ago, before Acnologia and Zeref even existed, meaning he's the oldest character we know of now, another thing is that Touka's Love for Natsu is completely real and not part of the White Mages Plan, apparently they have a past but Natsu doesn't remember, It could be from 400 Years Ago, but who knows, either way, I just hope it pushes Nalu to be canon, another great thing is that now every important character in the series is with Team Natsu now, meaning that when they are inevitably freed from their mind control, taking on the Dragon Gods and Dragon Eaters can now have the whole cast involved, meaning Gajeel, Laxus, Jellal, and others get a chance to fight the Dragon Eaters and Dragon Gods as well, so that's good, because I'm sure no one wanted to see just Team Natsu take on the Dragon Gods, so yeah, that's awesome

Regardless, good chapter and I hope we get more info about Touka and the White Mage next chapter

eh while I like the rest of the guild. I don't feel like they should with the Gods, the Eaters sure, but that should be it tbh

Sorry for bringing this up again, but can anyone reminds me why Post RoT Acno (dragon and human) and everyone scales to him isn't 6-A?

I'm aware it's tier jumping, but Pre-RoT Dragon Acno very close to baseline 6-A (723 teratons).

It's because of some ppl force downgrade them

Wait till we more chapter of ft 10pyq, they will back on continent tier.

Btw did anyone calc weight for those 5 city, lifted by aldron

It would be nice if Wendy got a Dual Dragon Slayer Mode that was Sky + Water in reference to the fact that originally she was going to be the Water Dragon Slayer.

Man, I'm curious to see how the next chapter is going to play out. If a fight broke out, that might gain the attention of Aldoron. It's also possible that Touka could mind manip Natsu into attacking Aldoron. Or Touka just might reveal her intentions and they turn out to not be as white and black(heh) as they seem.

Back