• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 3

You are forgetting that Acnologia is immune to most magics, so that which would have erased him or anyone did not exist after Acno ate it

He can't eat Ki/Chi/Spiritual Energy or attacks that are based on it tho!

Straika said:
You are forgetting that Acnologia is immune to most magics, so that which would have erased him or anyone did not exist after Acno ate it
He can't eat Ki/Chi/Spiritual Energy or attacks that are based on it tho!
I do not know about the other one with it being based around life energy or something but in DBZ makes a clear difference between Ki and Magic.

Honestly, I don't mind the friendship stuff in Fairy Tail; it's just that it's excessive but for me, it's a big part of why I liked it when I first watched it.

Is there going to be a chapter this week?

I heard about Fifth Gen DS and had my doubts about it. But eating dragon's meat is pretty savage and I like that. But Blade Dragon Slayer? Nani the ****? Dragon of Jade made sense but what a Blade Dragon Slayer eats? The concept of sharpness itself? Because a sharp can be compossed of various materials and that belongs to other DS.

Oh, and an Armor Dragon Slayer. NTF x2.

Also, hey, Natsu's magic doesn't work underwater again.

Edit: I don't feel so good, Mr. Dragneel.

Calaca Vs said:
I heard about Fifth Gen DS and had my doubts about it. But eating dragon's meat is pretty savage and I like that. But Blade Dragon Slayer? Nani the ****? Dragon of Jade made sense but what a Blade Dragon Slayer eats? The concept of sharpness itself? Because a sharp can be compossed of various materials and that belongs to other DS.
Blades of course. This is a very picky power. ovo

tru, honestly Makarov should have stayed dead. He's super old and has been having heart problems since the second Arc in the series.

Calaca Vs said:
Yeah, that was the biggest BS comeback of all anime history.

I mean, I accepted Gajeel's comeback bcs GaLe but Makarov isn't necessary. It's just what? Fear of angry Makarov's fanboys?
Mashima said he doesn't want to have a dark ending for the series, he wanted it to be happy and filled with hope.

CNBA3 said:
Mashima said he doesn't want to have a dark ending for the series, he wanted it to be happy and filled with hope.
Miura said that he will make a good ending for Berserk and I'm pretty sure many characters will die even then.

If he doesn't want a dark ending then he shouldn't do those things. Saying a character is dying but lolnope he was sleeping is the most coward thing ever.

It didn't even end. I mean, it's a war arc where none of the guys on the good side died. Even in Naruto, they forced Neji to die.

Calaca Vs said:
And the old guys.
Naruto lacked deaths too. Guy and Tsunade should've died at least.
Tsunade should have definetely died because it would be symbolism in a way because the orignal three Sannin are now all dead (To me the real Orochimaru is dead, the one we see is a weird clone of whatever), with the death of the last one, rises the new three (Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura - who at that point have awakened the Byakugou putting her at a strength even greater than Tsunade)

Calaca Vs said:
And the old guys.

Naruto lacked deaths too. Guy and Tsunade should've died at least.
What doesn't make sense to me is that neither Naruto or Tsunade can heal Guy's leg, Tsunade who healed Lee's and Naruto who remade a eye on the spot, couldn't heal a leg.

But you're not wrong. Either fodder dies, villains, or supporting characters. or it'll be a fake out death like Pain and GMG.

Who died to Pain again?

Also, y'all are some dark people if you want characters to die. I agree, it can definitely work to writing's favor. But nobody should want someone to die.

I meant who got murk'd by Almighty Push lol. Jiraiya stayed dead. Who were the fake-out deaths?

Also, Dragon. You're also a writer. What do you think about character deaths?

Miura said that he will make a good ending for Berserk and I'm pretty sure many characters will die even then.

If he doesn't want a dark ending then he shouldn't do those things. Saying a character is dying but lolnope he was sleeping is the most coward thing ever.

Mashima also said that A character is only die unless he confirms it without a shadow of a doubt that they are dead. He also said that this is suppose to be a more lighter story than Rave. He didn't like doing Rave that way

I'm not good at writing deaths unless they are villains. So hence in my stories "that usually have huge casts" you rarely see a main character die.

Oh, we all know the world is full of chance and anarchy

So yes, it's true-to-life for characters to die randomly

But news flash, the genre's called fantasy

It's meant to be unrealistic,
~ J.R.R Tolkien (In Epic Rap Battles of History)​

That's pretty cool. I'm just saying in Naruto, Guy's consequence for opening the gates was that he lost his legs. For Makarov, going into a war while in the verge of death (how old is he anyways?) and wiping out most of the enemy fleet in one attack could have been a heartfelt goodbye. I'm not saying I wanted him to die, but if he did he should have stayed dead.

Depends on the verse I'd say, in Hotline Miami 2 a bunch of characters rather unexpectedly die like halfway through the game (and even a bit earlier) and the game ends with a nuclear war breaking out, but it still works out there.

The real cal howard said:
I meant who got murk'd by Almighty Push lol. Jiraiya stayed dead. Who were the fake-out deaths?
That Rinne Tensei BS was one of the biggest flaws in Naruto even in such a beatiful arc as Pain's.

Naruto should have ended in that arc with no resurrections at all. Pain was stomping everybody and was awesome and Naruto vs Pain was the awesomest fight in the whole series but then 'loldragonballsnarutoversion' and voila everyone is back.

@CNBA

I started Rave just a few days ago but even if he doesn't like to kill characters that doesn't justify that kind of narrative. There's no real weight in the fights.

Look, Laxus developt lung cancer but he will survive because Mashima doesn't want anybody to die. Why would we even care then? The same applies to Makarov, Gray, Natsu, Juvia, Gajeel and the biggest etc of all time.

@Cal

Man of culture. Season 6 is soon.

And no, Cal. I don't want to see people dying. If Luffy dies I'll cry like a beach but if the death has good writting backing it up I won't be mad at Oda.

Actually it's kind of funny because the lastest SBS implied that Zoro might die in the future. I like Zoro AF and I wouldn't want to see him die but if it's his climax as a character then why would I complain about it? I saw some scans for Rave's finale with Sieghart dying and I liked that. Don't know the context but I like writers that doesn't fear to make their characters a rude treatment.

Is more a thing about conflict and feel of danger that most writers should learn from G.R.R.Martin. I as a self-made writer know that the death plays a heavy role in a story. Being from protagonists or antagonists doesn't matter if the death is well executed.

I completely agree with what you said. Death can in fact build up the surviving characters, and conclude character arcs. As a writer myself, I have killed off a major character (but I'll be damned if I kill off a major protagonist) before. But I also feel like it's possible to piss people off with killing characters for things like shock value.

I honestly feel like death shouldn't be a problem when it comes to writing stories even if it's used on major protagonists (looking at you Kamina-sama) if the rest of the main cast is good built enough to prevent the story lacks the initial push the character gave to it.

Because in Rave major characters do die, and that is something he doesn't like to do, which he admitted, Fairy Tail is always about life, family and friends, living with those you cherish, Fairy Tail would not respect this theme if you have many people dying off. Although death does happen in the story, it is done in a way that only those who have been just support characters, it also doesn't cause despair and depression for the rest of their lives, even the end of Tower of Heaven arc proves that the best where Erza sees a vision of her funeral and it just ruins everyone's lives with anger, sadness, denial and separation, you do not die for your friends, you live for them.

Calaca Vs said:
I honestly feel like death shouldn't be a problem when it comes to writing stories even if it's used on major protagonists (looking at you Kamina-sama) if the rest of the main cast is good built enough to prevent the story lacks the initial push the character gave to it.
Gurren Lagann is such a weird case. The ending was so bittersweet for me, especially with Nia's death. I still believe that Simon kinda had nothing after that, which is why he left.

Death can be a very good way to improve upon the story, even if it is sad. Look at Ace's and Whitebeard's death in One Piece and how it effected the series as a whole. Also pulling characters back from the dead isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as it's done in the right fashion, I'll use another One Piece example that being Sabo which was done in a right way.

Back