• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In this thread, we gonna talk about ethernano and how it works.

We know that after a mage's magic continer get's empty, then they can use the ethernano in the atmosphere to replenish their magic back up. Should this be considered as magic absorbtion, since they're able to use the ethernano in the atmosphere to replenish their magic.

"Ethernano is the source of Magic Power for all Mages. Every Mage has a "container" inside their body that determines the limits of their Magic Power. If the case becomes empty, Ethernano will come from the atmosphere and enters the Mage's body and after a while, their Magic Power is restored. " -Fairy Tail Wiki

Also according to Fairy Tail Wiki, "Living organisms cannot live in areas of extremely concentrated Ethernano, as it apparently has detrimental effects upon the structure of the body"

In fairy tail hundred year quest, when natsu and his team entered the area where magia dragon's guild was at, they saw that the area was filled with magic to the point that ethernano in the atmosphere were turning into crystal and were able to see with the naked eye. But natsu and his team had no problem when they entered the area filled with ethernano, and even the guild leader of magia dragon was able to live in this place concentrated with ethernano without it having any effect on his body structure, maybe this can be explained with the fact that he has transformed into a dragon and those more resistance to magic.

Another quote from Fairy Tail Wiki "Ethernano dwells inside all living organisms and throughout the atmosphere." So the question is this, does ethernano work the same way as a matter and if someone is able to manipulate ethernano in the atmosphere and in someone else is that the same as matter manipulation.

Ethernano 1
Ethernano 2

It would count as Passive Magic Absorbtion, as their body does it normally without the users will

What do you guys think about this "Living organisms cannot live in areas of extremely concentrated Ethernano, as it apparently has detrimental effects upon the structure of the body" yet natsu and his team were able to enter a place filled with ethernano to the point that people were able to see them and even make snowman out of them yet not get any defects from being in that kinda area. Even elefseria, the guild master of magia dragon has been living in this area concentrated with ethernano for hundred of year and not get any defects.

I mean Natsu's "Container" of Magic Power is pretty much bottomless, and consistently absorbs things he's not supposed to eat, but does, and he is fine, and the rest I dunno

Is it like people who have a bigger container or even more container like second origin are able to live in these kinds of area since they can absorb a lot more magic/hold a lot more magic then the normal person.

A whole magic guild was able to live in this kinda area, but something might have happen to them because they stayed in this area concentrated with ethernano or they just left like elefseria said.

Also if we get a character that can manipulate the ethernano in the atmosphere or the ethernano in a living organisms. Would that be classified as the same as a matter manipulation?.

Its a natural energy present in atmosphere, not every can use magic unless they learn how to use it(like in ft zero the learn how to use magic) also in those scan i think that law dragon doing it

Ethernano is life energy/force so it always help people/surronding, like when wendy go near to face she said the air is very fresh becuase of ethernano is mixed in it(in large amount)

In any case, the Absorption look not combat applicable since it take a while. https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/263/19

Mages that have shown to be able to destroy other mages's magic, should get soul manipulation. For being able to destroy a piece of soul.

Fairy tail magic
In the early chapers of fairy tail when makrove was explaining the nature of magic, he said that a mage needs to pour their entire soul into whatever magic they were doing. After we saw Franmalth curse ability, what makrove said about magic having a soul became a real thing in the verse.

Fairy tail magic and souls
So if every magic has a piece of the users soul and someone else is able to destroy that, doesn't that mean that person is also able to destroy a soul. It also makes sense how natsu and his team were able to talk with atlas flames in the giant village, his hellfire still had a piece of his soul insde.

It also makes sense how natsu's flames is able to destroy acnologia's soul in their finale battle, since he has been doing the same thing with other peoples magic in which contains a piece of the users soul.

So characters like gildarts should get soul manipulation for being able to destroy bluenote's magic. Since all magic, has a piece of the users soul inside them.

Pretty sure "pour your entire soul" does not literally mean their soul is in their attacks. It's flowery language. Moreover, we'd have very dead characters if their souls were literally contained in their magical attacks and if they can destroy a soul contained in an attack, that'd mean random characters can destroy souls contained in a vessel, as opposed to outside one...which is not the case at all.

But I'm not sure about the thing with Atlas Flame.

@Burning

It might sound flowery, but not after we saw franmalth do it. Also they're not pouring their whole soul into, but rather a piece of it. We see this with atlas flames, his hellfire still had a piece of his soul.

We also see this when franmalth used his soul absorbtion on natsu's lightning flame and he absorbed it. It has been shown on 2 different times, that magic indeed has a piece of soul inside it.

Edit: It also makes sense how natsu who has been able to burn other peoples magic, was able to destroy acnologia's soul, since magic also has a piece of soul inside it.

Oh, yes; about the Franmalth and Natsu's flames situation, it might make sense now. So it's limited soul manipulation or what? Because some characters can destroy small pieces of souls in attacks, but are never hinted to do so to each other's souls. Natsu only destroyed Acnologia's soul outside of his body.

Natsuburninghissoul
Crunchyroll Translation

Natsu's flames were burning his very own soul in his last fight with zeref. So he "might" be able to burn other peoples souls with his flames.
I guess limited soul manipulation makes sense, since it's only a piece of soul and not a complete one.

The other character i can think of that was able to destroy someone else's magic is gildarts, he was able to destroy bluenote's blackhole. so gildarts should get a limited soul manipulation for that.

I guess igneel too, since him and natsu has the same magic. So their magic should be able to the same thing.

I mean Natsu destroyed both Zero and Zeref's magic, so that's soul Manipulation right there, and he did damage Acnologia's Soul as well

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I mean Natsu destroyed both Zero and Zeref's magic, so that's soul Manipulation right there, and he did damage Acnologia's Soul as well
and his fight with zeref, natsu was also buring his soul as it was stated by zeref himself.

So Natsu keeps his Soul Manipulation, as for more Ethernano stuff, that's not explained very well

Yeah, I think Natsu and Gildarts can have limited soul manipulation. Tbh, it seems almost useless to me but it's better than nothing.

About Igneel, idk. Does he have power nullification like Natsu?

@Dragon

We don't have to wait for the hundred year quest arc to talk about this case, since we already have to different proofs for this.

1. we got atlas flames containing a piece of his soul.

2. we got franmalth being able to absorb a magic's soul.

@Burning

Natsu will keep his soul manipulation since he was able to destroy acnologia's soul, and he was also able to burn his very own soul.

But gildarts should get a limited soul manipulation for being able to destroy bluenotes magic in which contains a piece of the users soul.

Also igneel should also get soul manipulation, since him and natsu both have the same magic. Their magic should act the same way. Igneel should get power nullification and soul manipulation on his page.

@Burning

Yes, igneel and natsu both use the same flames magic. If natsu's flames is able to burn other peoples magic, igneel's flames should also be able to burn other peoples magic.

But a CRT is needed before we can add anything on igneels page. This way, people will understand the reason for why he has power nullification and soul manipulation on his profile.

I will do it, when i can. If someone else wants to do it, be my guest.

KaiserReinhardt said:
@Burning

Yes, igneel and natsu both use the same flames magic. If natsu's flames is able to burn other peoples magic, igneel's flames should also be able to burn other peoples magic.
Remember also flame also do that

Burning Full Fingers said:
Pretty sure "pour your entire soul" does not literally mean their soul is in their attacks. It's flowery language. Moreover, we'd have very dead characters if their souls were literally contained in their magical attacks and if they can destroy a soul contained in an attack, that'd mean random characters can destroy souls contained in a vessel, as opposed to outside one...which is not the case at all.

But I'm not sure about the thing with Atlas Flame.
I am agree with him

This will also give acnologia a limited soul absorption since he can eat his enemies magic, which contains a piece of their soul.

Back