• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Why have a tier for a temporarily power up, its best to not even use it unless next chapter they can keep it

Also there is a flaw to the Wendy upgrade. Y'all forgot Wendy did an enchantment for her and everyone (whatever it was) and that could had been the reason they were able to tank an attack
Dang, that’s actually valid as hell

Maybe Wendy will have to scale to 1/2 of the Calc 👀

I think Limit Breaker keys are unnecessary, they are a one-time power up that is completely dependant by Alta Face being right in front of them.
We got rid of Yokai keys for (almost) the same reasons.
This also isn't a good reason, as we might as well get rid of the Initial Keys of Dual element modes or third origin Sherria as they were both only one time powerups.

the limit break keys are only dependent on the amount of magic in the air not specifically Alta face as he was just the catalyst not the cause. Which is well within SBA rules for versus battles

Exactly. Why have a tier for a temporarily power up, its best to not even use it unless next chapter they can keep it

Also there is a flaw to the Wendy upgrade. Y'all forgot Wendy did an enchantment for her and everyone (whatever it was) and that could had been the reason they were able to tank an attack
Your forgetting that they couldn't release magic power at that time so her enchantment was no longer active.

Honestly I am neutral on the Wendy scaling to the calc stuff and whether or not we need the Limit Break Key

I have no strong stance on this stuff

It was foreseen at the founding of the Guild and has come for us all

More seriously tho, we know that losing access to magic makes these guys weak af so even if the Enchantment was still in effect, it’s either doubling their currently needed stats or it is their nerfed stats + their OG stats. Since having no access to magic makes Natsu go from fighting guys like Gajeel and Zancrow to not harming a frog thing (whatever the monster that Lucy Ashley bodied), whichever interpretation we go with will still result in Wendy tanking the blast.

Yes they couldn't use magic but it didn't say it had nullified the already applied effects
What anon said, Their bodies weren't able to output magic to the point where they couldn't move due to the overflow, their magic was being "suppressed" to zero. Which would still result in them being at best only their base stats thanks to the enchant.

Wendy should get at least High 7-A+, likely 6-C based on this.

Again. All it said was that their magic was gone. It NEVER said that the effects was nullified as well. I could say the effects disappear after the blast hit them since the magic was already gone by then

Did it say that “Wendy’s enchantment is gone?” No, it’s just saying how they they now can’t use anything but never said anything about the already enchantment being in place unless Wendy has to keep using magic once she’s uses it which is unlikely given the fact that it was never said she has to keep applying magic for her power-up to stay up

……. I addressed this already. Either they have their nerfed stats + their normal stats or they have double their nerfed stats. Since we know their stats with no magic = trash and makes them fodder to beings that they normally treat as fodder, at best they are only a hairs breadth above their normal level when they got hit with the blast so their normal stats scale anyway.

….so the amp is then 2x greater going by that logic if their base stats are trash with no magic….this still wouldn’t even apply to their normal stats by the mere fact that an enchantment is what kept them alive

Got to agree with anonymous here. When the characters have no magic they become extremely weak compared to how they are with magic. Even if wendy enchantment lasted they would still be fodder and at best 2x stronger then they normally be. Which would still be fodder. So Wendy and the others tanking attacks in this state should scale to their normal stats

….so the amp is then 2x greater going by that logic if their base stats are trash with no magic….this still wouldn’t even apply to their normal stats by the mere fact that an enchantment is what kept them alive
Did you even read what I posted? The Enchantment is either x2 the nerfed stats or it added their normal stat to their nerfed one (as it was applied before they got overflowed) but their lack of magic makes them trash goobers whose stats are completely negligible so its essentially just their base stats tanking the blast. Let me put it in numbers since you don't seem to understand

Normal stats with magic = 100
No magic = 1
Enchantment = x2 or +X where X = normal stats
This means their stats when they took the blast is either 1*2=2 or 1+100=101
Either option means their normal selves can eat the blast without much issue

No that’s not how it goes. If that enchantment was enough to have them have just little damage then that means with no magic they would had gotten squashed so their normal stats wouldn’t help them out at all

Blacke ...... do you actually know what is going on in my example and explanation? The Enchantment is stacking their normal stats onto their nerfed stats in the best case scenario for your stance. Seeing as their actual stats got nerfed to absolute shit, they are only being protected by the Enchantment which keeps them at their base level of power. This means that their base stats scale to the blast. How are you not getting this when I explained it multiple times in multiple ways?

I’m not understanding how the enchantment = normal stats

And yeah I’m very confuse here cause reading this makes it seems like u agree with me with what I’ve said

So you know what the consensus is on the Enchantment she casts is rn? It is being assumed to be Deus Eques since that’s her go to Enchantment. DE doubled the stats of the target aka, adds their base stats to their base stats/doubles their base stats. This means that when the crew get overflowed, their actual base stats basically become nothing and that the only thing they would have is the Enchantment. The Enchantment that has already been established to only add their base stats in the best case scenario. The blast then hits them in this state while they essentially only have their normal level of stats and does barely anything, ergo their normal power scales.

Yeah I’m still confuse. DE is just know to give them an multipler and sk when they got hit it was because they still had the amp

U gonna to just dumb this down for me lol

don't enchantments disappear when you're out of magic ? I don't remember any spells that stays active without magic power

Have we discarded Selene's feat or are we just waiting for the next few chapters ?

don't enchantments disappear when you're out of magic ? I don't remember any spells that stays active without magic power
They don’t actually. When Wendy was fighting Doom, she was running on empty and used the last of her magic to Enchant the Fairy Fodders to defeat Doom. Even after using all of her magic, the effect was still applied.
Have we discarded Selene's feat or are we just waiting for the next few chapters ?
Waiting until her arc is done or we get even more feats of such a level.

@BlackeJan I already did? So let’s go back to the numbers example.
  1. Base stats = 100
  2. Nerfed stats = 1
  3. DE = 2X or +Y, where X = current and Y = stat as if application
  4. Natsu starts at 100
  5. Wendy applies DE to him
  6. Natsu = 200 = 2(100) or 100+100
  7. Natsu gets overflowed which means he is now 1.
  8. Either the Enchantment now applies to that 1, making him 2 (1+1), or it is still the addition of his base power onto his current power, 101 (1+100).
Yes, the Enchantment is what keeps them alive but the Enchantment is still equivalent to their base power. It’s not like the DE specifically makes them two times their power and maintains it at that level regardless of what happens.

Last edited:
As I suggested much earlier in this thread, if Wendy scales to the 4 gigaton blast then IMO she should upscale to baseline 6-C due to tanking the blast (which is really close to 4.3 gigatons) without that many injuries to show for it, which fits perfectly with her other 6-C showings.

Nope, Wendy said herself she had enough magic for a few enchantments, and she enchanted them with all the magic power she had left.
That’s what I am talking about. She used all her magic to Enchant them and they stayed Enchanted even when she hit 0. Her body thinking it’s/being at 0 doesn’t mean her Enchantments shut off.

That’s what I am talking about. She used all her magic to Enchant them and they stayed Enchanted even when she hit 0. Her body thinking it’s/being at 0 doesn’t mean her Enchantments shut off.
Alta Face hit them with a magic neg attack, so yes, it would’ve shut off the Enchantment once it hit.

Huh? The attack didn’t neg magic, it made their bodies think they had no magic, thus preventing them from using magic. It doesn’t actually power null them.

Huh? The attack didn’t neg magic, it made their bodies think they had no magic, thus preventing them from using magic. It doesn’t actually power null them.
Well since their magic was knocked to 0, wouldn’t DE not have the same effect as normal? Like, they still got the buff, but their magic was knocked to 0.

That’s what I was explaining for Blacke, either DE still gives them their base stats or DE just multiplied their new trash stats. If the latter is what you meant, my bad. I misunderstood what you meant.

That’s what I was explaining for Blacke, either DE still gives them their base stats or DE just multiplied their new trash stats. If the latter is what you meant, my bad. I misunderstood what you meant.
Yeah, I essentially believe DE multiplied their trash stats, so Wendy should fully scale to the blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back