• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Dragon Force and FDKM Multiplier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I don't care about the official translation for anything japanese if we have the original source.

I have ingested more than enough Nasuverse to be skeptical of official translations at best. Trichiliocosm got turned into Multiverse for ****'s sake.

I have been informed by Vergil Lucifer who is also familiar with kanji that within the context, Attack Doubling, Defense Doubling, and Speed Doubling would be an accurate translation, so that backed up with LehenDuo's explanation and translation likely means that the spells doubling stats would be the correct translation and therefore the Multipliers would be valid

So therefore this CRT is still accurate

I have been informed by Vergil Lucifer who is also familiar with kanji that within the context, Attack Doubling, Defense Doubling, and Speed Doubling would be an accurate translation, so that backed up with LehenDuo's explanation and translation likely means that the spells doubling stats would be the correct translation and therefore the Multipliers would be valid

So therefore this CRT is still accurate
I'd suggest you wait for other users to comment, you seem to be quite eager to push this as fast as possible.

I didn't say let's apply changes right now, I'm simply informing others of what I have been told and that I believe my proposal is still valid, and I'm not pushing it as fast as possible, it's just a relatively minor change in general, not to mention it's been widely agreed upon with 16 people who agree, 3 of which are staff besides myself, so if the translation thing checks out and there were no other counter arguments, then in general, this is heading in the direction of being accepted

Just to note, I'm not against the changes. I'm more neutral. Just wanting to explore the possibilities before we're committed to a particualr conclusion.

Just to note, I'm not against the changes. I'm more neutral. Just wanting to explore the possibilities before we're committed to a particualr conclusion.
I didn't think you were, I know you're just checking every base to make sure everything checks out

Worth noting, if the Kanji actually turn out to be correct then I'll concede and agree to the proposed changes, I'm just trying to see if the translations are correct or not.

It'll cause inconsistencies in speed but that'll be dealt with in another thread.

@AKM sama So what exactly do we do now? Is LehenDuo’s translations and explanation give concrete evidence that the multiplier is valid? Vergil Lucifer as well said doubling was an accurate translation, I think it’s backed by the several times statements, so do you think it checks out?

Cause I don’t know what to say anymore at this point

I personally think what Lancelot said is probably correct and makes sense. But like I said earlier, this is just to cover all bases and avoid confusion in the future. I think we can wait a bit more for Shiro to respond again, seeing as you had already pinged him earlier.

Call me crazy but I don't care about the official translation for anything japanese if we have the original source.
This, I completely agree with this. If we have the original Japanese translated directly, there's no reason to dismiss it because an American company with no involvement in making the series doesn't agree with it.

So yeah, I agree with Lancelot regarding this revision too.

Like I said, I personally think it's fine too. I asked another user who knows Japanese about this earlier but he hasn't responded yet either.

I guess we’ll just wait a bit longer then, however if nobody responds back about this until tomorrow, then I’ll assume that this CRT is still accepted by everyone and make the changes

AKM asked me to drop this in here. 倍 on its own, often times can be translated as "Twice" if it's not accompanied by a number. Whenever it is complemented by a number, I can mean fold or times.
That's good then, within the context of the spell, no other number or value is within the name of the Enchantment, that would mean it makes more sense that twice/double is what is being said here, which is consistent with what Lancelot and Vergil said, therefore the Multiplier is still valid

AKM asked me to drop this in here. 倍 on its own, often times can be translated as "Twice" if it's not accompanied by a number. Whenever it is complemented by a number, I can mean fold or times.
Thanks for the input. The multiplier for the Ile spells is probably fine then.

Alright, with the nigh unanimous votes, clarification on the translations, and approval from 4 staff besides myself, I believe this CRT has been accepted and I’ll proceed with the changes

They are very minor anyways and the speed ratings will be decided in a separate CRT

I have applied the few changes that needed to be made, this can now be closed

One down, several more to go, I'll make the next CRT tomorrow, next one will be far less controversial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back