• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Dragon Force and FDKM Multiplier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you continue to ignore that the multiplier is an "At least" buff, it can be a higher multiplier, we are addressing that, the fact is that DF should be a minimum increase of at least 4x
No, we should just give them an "At Least" or "Far Higher" with said form, that's what they are for in the first place.

If I may, using Natsu’s DF as evidence in support or against this upgrade shouldn’t fly. He’s clearly the outlier in regards to his DF, Aldoron tells us that overtime all the flames he’s absorbed have mixed with his own meaning each subsequent use of DF is likely to be far more powerful than the last (and he so far the only DS with this advantage) so let’s put him aside and focus on what tangible evidence we can gather.

You yourself just admitted that it varies with each person, so throwing it as a solid multiplier for every DF user is just wrong and just adds to the inconsistency of it.
Not true were giving a baseline multiplier for DF, as in the lowest possible increase that DF could give based on feats and statements in the series.

I just want to point out that while I understand why some people don't like using Multipliers in general, I'd prefer if we kept preferences about Multipliers in general off of the debate, this discussion should be about addressing whether or not the Multiplier I proposed makes sense within the context of the story, not that if we should use Multipliers based on preference

Also as everyone has said, Natsu's Dragon Force is very different from everyone's elses, he is consistently shown to have a Dragon Force that progressively gets stronger as the series goes on and that is explained by GS Aldoron that he has absorbed and adpated the powers of all the Dragons he has encountered in the past, Natsu's DF got buffed to 6-A and High 6-A because he kept the properties of Ignia's Power

This is a discussion for Bare Minimum increases of Dragon Force, So Dragon Force increases for characters like Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, and the Dragon Eaters

Then Natsu shouldn't get any multiplier for it.
Of course, he wouldn't be effected by this revision at all, his Dragon Force Amp is already above everyone's already as seen on his profile

It's because he has been absorbing the powers of every Dragon he has encountered

Hmmm, well Natsu was a big reason why I was against this in the first place. I'm not really knowledgeable on the original, so I'll let LordGin give the examples of inconsistent showings.

I disagree with these multipliers. Natsu goes from 6-C to High 6-A with said multiplier
Natsu went from 6-C to High 6-A not solely due to Dragon Force, it's implied to be mainly due to combining Ignia, Igneel and Atlas flames into his own.

Besides we can't just divide the AP they scale to in two ends to find the multiplier as the Tier they scale to isn't the absolute upper limit, they could actually scale higher.

Verse is already wanked from hell and back so whatever, let them have their tier 5 and tier 2 Fairy Tail circle jerk.

Washing my hands of this shitty series, do whatever you want with it, I literally don't give a **** anymore. ******* sorry ass excuse of a verse.

kinda late but yeah i agree with At least 4x multiplier
also natsu is consistently stated/shown to be an outlier when it comes to DF
edit: so it's moot using him as an example

Last edited:
Verse is already wanked from hell and back so whatever, let them have their tier 5 and tier 2 Fairy Tail circle jerk.

Washing my hands of this shitty series, do whatever you want with it, I literally don't give a **** anymore. ******* sorry ass excuse of a verse.
I'll be as frank as I can in this instance.

If you can't use proper proof, don't get so salty that you lost any measure of control. Do this shit again, and you are getting reported for being a genuine ass hat.

Good job losing any credibility you had pertaining, too.

I'll be as frank as I can in this instance.

If you can't use proper proof, don't get so salty that you lost any measure of control. Do this shit again, and you are getting reported for being a genuine ass hat.

Good job losing any credibility you had pertaining, too.
This like the 3rd time he's done it actually...

EXiNza9XkAEWORj.jpg

Good lord it didn't take long for him to get salty. Anyway, here's my take on the matter:

I agree with the multiplier buff. We already know that the Ile enchantments are 2x buffs for attack, defense, and speed depending on whether it's Ile Arms, Ile Armor, or Ile Vernier (the kanji stuff is also a further indication of this). Deus Eques is an overall superior buff, as shown with it being a higher level enchantment and Wendy opting to use it over the Ile enchantments from X792 onwards. Base Wendy stacked Deus Eques on top of all 3 Ile enchantments and was easily overwhelmed by Ezel, yet Dragon Force Wendy overwhelmed and blitzed his base form, and also defeated him in his Slash Attack Mode. Because of this, I agree that Dragon Force should be a multiplier of at least 4x.

As for Fire Dragon King Mode, I agree that this boost should apply to its AP and durability, but not for speed. It's pretty certain that Natsu gets faster when he uses FDKM, but the extent to which this is the case is unknown, so it's just an unquantifiable speed boost.

This looks fine I suppose.

but skimming through the comments if x3 has more evidence shouldn’t that be used with a likely higher or something? Not sure if it was answered.
Given that Wendy's enchantments were stacked on each other for a total boost of 4x yet her Dragon Force far outclassed that, I think 4x is better to use.

Wait, weren't we supposed to wait a bit more time for HST stuff

It has nothing to do with my "dislike" for the series, the plot is far from a work of art but my issue pertains to fans with ulterior motives. You can't blame someone for thinking a fanbase only cares about stats after seeing them dreaming for tier 5 and tier 2 shit and genuinely believing in SoL FT based on the dumbest shit. Such nonsense strikes me as a blatant bias.

Slapping the multiplier is bound to create inconsistencies, several characters would be even faster than Irene's Deus Sema and Erza's reaction feat. I.E it'll mess with the scaling a lot and leave nothing but inconsistent scaling.

Anyway, for the time being this is fine. Going back and reading previous chapters the spell is stated to increase Wendy's movement speed, I'll drop the link to the scan in a moment but I find that particular scan to hold a lot more substance than what the OP currently has written down. However going by Mitch's own words Natsu's amps would remain unaffected, ergo FDKM should be taken out of the OP due to it being bigger than 4x.

Last edited:
I mean when you say **** this series, call it a wanked shitty mess, say you're done with it, and then also shit on us for having fun discussing and wanting potential Tier 5 and Tier 2 in the future, you kinda lose all your credibility as a reasonable debater, especially since this is not the first time you have said this stuff, also majority of us never proposed Speed of Light, your arguments about Ulterior motives is an appeal to bias and has nothing to do with the current topic of this thread

Also I said Natsu's Dragon Force would be unaffected at all, his FDKM is a whole other story

Last edited:
It turns hard to take you seriously after an outburst like that - I have bad temper issues and you genuinely sounded like a kid. That really does not help any image of "is not at all that I dislike the series or anything even remotely similar".

What the fans "dream of" is irrelevant. If you are indeed correct, and you have the facts, debate them. If that doesn't work, either you are just outright wrong or you did a trash job displaying your points. You are entirely free as well to call literally anyone else that isn't a fan and check with them if you wanna be double sure - even Wrath seemed to be much more convinced once Mitch mentioned this wouldn't be applied to Natsu. What do you think that tells you?

Learn to calm down, this is ******* fiction, don't let it get to you so much that you start insulting people and playing the "bias" and "wank" card. It is unproductive as hell, and really hurts any ounce of credibility you may have had.

Tier 5 has literally only ever been brought up when ppl are being hopeful

“Hope we get a moon feat from Selene”

“Imagine Natsu destroying the moon”

“It’d be cool if Selene chucked the moons at the planet”

these are all literally ppl being hopeful, how this somehow translates to ppl wanking the series in your head is beyond me and in all honesty seems like a u problem.

The tier 2 stuff is more of the same, with most just being ppl joking. Literally the only serious tier 2 discussion is Neo-eclipse and for obvious reasons isn’t something ppl are saying belongs to every top tier (not to mention the crt for this is far from cut and dry).

Sol is also farrr from clear cut, but that’s all I’m willing to say on that.

Tldr; stop being fuqing paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back