• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanservice and just to show that we failed physics (at least the boob department)

BoomeYang said:
Lucy has gotten quite good at her Magic. Now she can Summon her Spirits without the need for a key. Get 'em girl ^_^
Sounds more like a plot hole to me. Holder magic is a magic that is channeled through an object. Celestial magic is a Holder magic. If they aren't channeled through the keys, it breaks the very idea of how this type of magic is supposed to work. Just as Casting magic means you cast, Holding magic means you use items. Celestial magic is a Holding magic. Lucy needs her keys. It has nothing to do with skill. It's the very fundementals of her magic type.

Dude chill, it was just a joke haha. I know she needs the keys to do that. Probably the author forgot or they did it to save time.

-BANLK- said:
So I saw some clips of the new movie and apparently Natsu nakama punches the main villain......again. Also it seems like this movie is not canon.
Natsu is in his Demon form here he hit him like 12 different times to weaken him then used some unknown ability to keep him still and Overwhelmed him with a blue flamed punch, Friendship wasn't involved lol.

-BANLK- said:
This is Fairy Tail! Are you new to the show or something haha they've pulled crazier fan service than this like damn I hope Erza joins in and they take it all off ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nibbler3100 said:
This is Fairy Tail! Are you new to the show or something haha they've pulled crazier fan service than this like damn I hope Erza joins in and they take it all off ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This I agree with ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

lol the catergory of PIS and well...love kills immortals lmao also if erza joins in its a mountain of nose bleeding i bet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

ib4 it's just Anna and Ichiya who for some reason become young again and more handsome respectively :^)

Real talk though, even if Acno returns I doubt the number of remaining chapters would make it a good fight.

Here's chapter 538 translated.

Pretty cool chapter overall. I liked the "Let's return to the guild laughing" thing and the fact that Lucy wants to have another adventure to find Aquarius' key.

I wonder where the **** Natsu went and about that crack in the sky. If it's really Acnologia, he'll probably have a not good fight since there are not much chapters left. If it's Anna and Ichiya I'll probably sigh although I doubt you can make Ichiya anymore handsome lol.

This chapter really brought back the happy FT vibe when they started talking what they wanted to do after all this was over.

Jellal seems edgy as always. The guy would kill himself even if he could save an insect lol

Inb4 Anna, Ichiya and Acnologia return and Anco is a really flamboyant dragon screaming about Dark Parfum :)

Also good to see the ships are sailing smoothly so far.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
ib4 it's just Anna and Ichiya who for some reason become young again and more handsome respectively :^)
Cannot compute... Ichiya is already the height of handsomeness, unless he transcends handsomeness itself and becomes something else... true perfection

BoomeYang said:
Jellal seems edgy as always. The guy would kill himself even if he could save an insect lol
Jelly has a waifu to do things to do so he cannot die yet.

Cannot compute... Ichiya is already the height of handsomeness, unless he transcends handsomeness itself and becomes something else... true perfection
But Ichiya already is perfection, you can't improve on that.

Don't know about you guys but I always found Jellal to be a shitty character and another reason I hate him is because I used to ship Gray with Erza.

@Banlk really? I always liked Jellal thought he was cool. But u shipped Gray and Erza? I can't sympathise with u then never liked that ship

Acnologia comes back like a good guy and saves Natsu's life.

Not joking Hiro is capable of that.

And I think Erza was a waitress so no :(

See u can't say that and not expect me to be curious. U've stoked my curiosity but I'm not going to be reading or watching Jojo soon (if ever) so cmon just spoil it, I don't mind... pls

Hmm I don't know mate. I've been told like "IT'S THE MOST MANLY ANIME EVER!" But so far it just doesn't seem to be my speed, I'm also not a huge fan of the art style... or the characters fashion choices ƒÿæ

I watched Phantom Blood and a little bit more after that and dropped the anime. The ending of Phantom Blood was kinda good but I couldn't get over the art style and the weird poses they struck. Probably that's supposed to be the appeal, but I just don't get it. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Phantom blood is the worse part of jojo imo, just like you i was on the verge of dropping it, it was just bizarre, pun intended, the art style and the exaggerated expressions and explanations through me off, and didn't like how jonathan was such a gentleman, which is why i loved the heck out of battle tendency cause joseph is an asshole, a lovable asshole. I recommended you continue watching battle tendency. I think overtime you get use to the bizarre stuff and love it, just gotta continue.

Eh, to each their own, I guess. Probably because I was first introduced to dumb assholish protagonists like Luffy or Oga, it was refreshing for me to see a nice guy like Jonathan.

But I guess if you were introduced to anime through the mainstream or modern ones, watching JoJo may throw you off because being the classic it is, JoJo has a lot of tropes that you may see done to death in modern and mainstream ones. I have no right to judge.

Basically, your expectation of anime will be shaped by the ones you watched first that introduced you to anime.

btw, I laughed like a mad man when I realized this thread is tagged Plot-Induced Stupidity

Just realized it has pis has a tag lmao, accurate that makarov asspull a little while ago was pure mis (mashiro induced stupidly), he refuses to let any fairy tale member die, it's ridiculous, been wanting to drop fairy tale but since i was so far in, had to finish, but just 8 more chapters to go. Don't buy natsu being permanently gone one bit btw.

Eh I guess that the first anime u do watch does tend to shape ur preferences, but external factors could also play a role. For instance my general interest in overly simple and character based anime, is base off my experience in school- 8 years of taking literature just about ruined storytelling for me cuz I was conditioned to constantly search for themes with "deeper meaning" along with most of my texts been real downers generally ending with genocide, rape, madness etc. I really grew an appreciation for simple storytelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back