• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 8-A Tiering

So, since my calc has been accepted, that means that 8-A Natsu, along with some other characters get scaled to 236 tons.

Currently everyone is scaled to Gray's 100 tons, which is baseline.

(My calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Captain_Torch/Natsu_Phantom_Lord_Guild_Destruction)

Since Natsu > Gray, not everyone scales to Natsu's new feat.

The people who should scale are:

PreSkip:

1)Natsu(it's his feat)

2)Gajeel(they were fighting equally)

3)Erza(since she is stronger than base Natsu)

4)Mirajane(should also be stronger than base Natsu)

5)Pantherlily(fought on equal footing with Gajeel) 6)Cobra(equal to Natsu) 7)Midnight(stronger than every other Oracion Seis member)

This feat should also scale to every 8-A Post 1st Timeskip, since they all should be >Max, who is equal to PreSkip base Natsu.

This feat doesn't necessarily change their tier, but it puts them above baseline, so the calc should be added to their profiles.

EDIT:

After discussing, it was decided that every 8-A Tier scales to Natsu's feat.

The calc seems to be fine. Though minor nitpick, Mirajane's description should be "comparable with Erza" at the very least since they always butt heads when both had their powers.

Captain Torch said:
They were depicted as rivals, but they were shown to be equal only in Tartaros tbh.
Nope those two have been comparable throughout the series (exception is DF and LFDM) but yes I agree w/ this upgrade

Gray is mostly comparable to Base Natsu. Natsu is still the stronger one due the fact he can amp his strenght through sheer rage.

Which reminds me, shouldn't we listed Rage power Natsu as Low 7-B due beating Laxus?

Also where did u get 1st Post Timeskip Max = Base Natsu? during their spar, Natsu couldn't even land a hit and was getting pushed back hard until he used LFDM

BlackeJan said:
Also where did u get 1st post Timeskip Max = Base Natsu? during their spar, Natsu couldn't even land a hit and was getting pushed back hard until he used LFDM
Eh, my point was simply that everyone post 1st timeskip should scale, because natsu matched max. Sure, Max could be stronger.

Base Natsu never matched 1st Post Timeskip Max....Natsu was getting his ass wooped until Natsu used LFDM

By the way iirc Natsu said that LFDM (after fight w/ Hades) was weaker then what he used against Max

BlackeJan said:
Base Natsu never matched 1st Post Timeskip Max....Natsu was getting his ass wooped until Natsu used LFDM
By the way iirc Natsu said that LFDM (after fight w/ Hades) was weaker then what he used against Max
He actually said that his LFDM was nowhere near as strong as in Tenrou... So LFDM Natsu against Max <<<< LFDM Natsu against Hades.

And another thing to keep in mind is that Natsu never goes all out against his friends/teammates, which is why they keep whooping his ass in "friendly spars". Natsu however was pushed to LFDM, which implies that Max scales to base Natsu.

Yup it's just weird that how we got the same tier of LDFM (Tenro) and LFDM (after Tenrou) but no Natsu does goes all out when it comes to spars w/ his friends/teammates (Erza vs Natsu is an example) cause of that was the case going by what u said then Natsu would had won his spar against Max easily since he's "holding back" which also wouldn't make sense since then he wouldn't even need LFMD since it's a power up > holding back in Base.

EDIT: wait if that's the case then why is LFDM (after Tenrou) Low 7-B when it became weaker?

Lol we need to since it's alot weaker. Anyways again u have my support of the upgrade but Max was still kicking Base Natsu a** so that might have to change some things

EDIT: nvm I read that wrong 😂 but how do we know that his 2nd Origin LFDM > after Tenrou LFDM? having his 2nd origin unlocked only increased his Base but he never mastered LFDM

Gray has indeed been consistently portrayed as Natsu's equal or is overall only slightly weaker. He should scale to Natsu's 236 ton shit.

Freed Justine would also scale. He was quickly defeated but he did match a blow from demon Mira, who was bloodlusted and she should be above this Natsu and roughly equal to Erza.

@Homu Sweet Homu

Natsu himself noted that Laxus was terribly exhausted from using up so much magic power, even going as far as to demand a rematch against him. So I don't think a Low 7-B rating for him would be justified.

Well, I don't really have a solid opinion on Gray scaling or not. From one side, he has been portrayed as Natsu's equal. From another side, he was always below the villain that Natsu defeated(granted, Natsu got a ton of temp powerups in some of these battles).

In Phantom Lord he matched Juvia, while Natsu matched Gajeel, who is above Juvia.

In the Laxus arc, Gray got defeated by Bickslow of all people, albeit disadvantaged. Meanwhile Natsu was fighting Laxus, even if he "won" through pure BS(+ gajeel helped).

In Oracion Seis it took both Gray and Lyon to beat Racer, while Natsu matched Cobra.

But this topic is debatable either way. If people actually think Gray scales, then I guess he scales. In that case every 8-A will scale to this feat.

Phantom Lord arc: It's been a while so I don't recall all the details. But I do recall that Gray was injured from his fight with Lyon and still recovering.

Fighting Festival arc: Bickslow is a strong mage. And Gray lost only after his magic was cancelled out by one of Freed's rune traps.

Oracion Seis arc: Racer's "speed" was a problem. Gray proceeded to one-shot him from a distance.

I agree on Gray being slightly weaker than Natsu and Gajeel. But the difference is tiny. He's still strong enough to give base Natsu/Gajeel a mostly even fight.

Well, in that case I guess everyone should scale to Natsu's feat.

All we need is a mod to unlock the profiles so they can be edited

There's should be some people that scale since again 1st Post Timeskip Max > 1st Pre Timeskip Natsu (& any1 around this ver. of Natsu)

Hmm, not everything. I just checked Juvia's profile and she's scaling from Gray. If we adjust Gray's profile to reflect that he's comparable to Natsu, there's no need to edit Juvia's profile.

But Gajeel needs to be adjusted for example. Which profiles are locked?

Oh, you meant which profiles should be changed, not who scales. Misunderstood you there.

Not really sure which profiles are locked. The mc's definetly are. Need to check.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I've edited Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel. I don't remember much about the series, so I guess I leave the rest up to you guys.
Those are the only three profiles that needed to be edited.

Oh, okay.

What about that thread for Jellal's Sema? I believe it was 7-A or High 7-A.
Still have evidence that they should still remain exactly the same but it's 7-A

Oh, okay.

What about that thread for Jellal's Sema? I believe it was 7-A or High 7-A.
I don't know what happened with that. It still hasn't been settled?

Soldier Blue said:
I don't know what happened with that. It still hasn't been settled?
It was decided to be low end 7-A (even though I had evidence to back up why it shouldn't even be that tier)

Anyways I also said that some people should scale here since 1st Post Timeskip Max > 1st Pre Timeskip Base Natsu

Yeah, he was overpowering base natsu. So? That doesn't warrant a higher tier. Besides, Max wasn't stomping natsu. He was overwhelming him, that's all.

Dragon Force Natsu also overwhelmed jellal, and yet they have the same tier.

Overpowering someone and stomping r basically in the same category....Max was "stomping" Base Natsu since Natsu couldn't even touch Max and he was getting "destroyed" (reason why I said overpowering = stomp in this case cause overpowering would be a nice way of saying it since they r guild mates but if they weren't then Base Natsu would be getting "stomped" see what I mean?

Back