• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 2018 Anime Discussion Thread

Oh wow, music was on point.

August was always my fav Spriggan because of this weird story thread with him, Zeref and Larcade but this episode has now made me sympathise with Larcade a whole lot more. This was good.

And Gildarts being a protective dad is kinda awesome.

@Cal yeah he's a piece of shit. But still, having someone you look up to like a father simply right you off as a failure and then mock and torture you for it is sad, no matter how much of an asshole u are.

@Schnee ditto

Larcade was just loyal for his father and his mission, of course he is going to act cold for other who defies his father.but the music was on the point.

Btw did gildarts will get limited fire or expolsion manipulation with his attacks?
20190721 200423 rmedited

1997KD said:
Larcade was just loyal for his father and his mission, of course he is going to act cold for other who defies his father.but the music was on the point. Btw did gildarts will get limited fire or expolsion manipulation with his attacks?
20190721 200423 rmedited
Crushing Evil Spreading Truth: Aboslute Heaven already gives him Explosion Manipulation

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
It seems the final season will have 51 episodes, that's a good amount, tartaros took 31 episodes, so IMO

8-10 episodes for Avatar Arc

42-40 episodes for Alvarez Arc

And the last episode is chapter 545

Maybe one day we'll get an anime for the sequel manga, but 51 episodes looks about right for proper pacing, still hope they extend the fights like in Tartaros, how they gave Laxus a fight
I was right, the 51st episode will be the last episode of the anime, so only a couple more weeks, hope we get a 100 Year Quest anime

An ok episode this week, August's death was good, I felt genuinely bad for him, he just wanted to be loved, and he cried out for his mother to just notice him, which is really sad, everything else was meh and the animation wasn't particularly good, but hey, The way Natsu says Nii-chan puts Sasuke to shame

Ft 100yq volumes doing very well, even its biweekly volume, in fact it's doing better than Edens Zero, if it goes like that, 100YQ is anime is like 90% confirmed

We probably won't get a 100 year quest anime for at least a year tho, the manga needs to get a decent amount ahead, and the current anime is ending soon

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
We probably won't get a 100 year quest anime for at least a year tho, the manga needs to get a decent amount ahead, and the current anime is ending soon
2 year atleast, also jellal have lightning manipulation with his new attack?

Wasn't a big fan of the animation, especially on Acno. But the August stuff along with Zeref and Natsu stuff was good to me.

Plus we had Jellal, Erza and Wendy literally looking like an actual family so my heart is joyful
The Fernandeshousehold

1997KD said:
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
2 year atleast, also jellal have lightning manipulation with his new attack?
Well, they are swords made out of lightning and "Jiu Leixing" is Chinese for "Nine Lightning Stars." so...

This was an exposition episode, so nothing needed to be animated well or look great, pretty boring episode all things considered, but Fairy Heart Zeref shows up next episode, let's just hope the final fight gives us the August vs Gildarts treatment, that being, extended fights and better animation

Just pray for that

Just caught up with Fairy Tail and I'm disappointed a little by August's feats compared to Irene's considering how he was hyped up. By feats I see nothing to say August > Dragon Irene without suiciding himself. Irene is country level in dragon form without killing herself (and Universe One shows her even in human form being able to completely screw with an entire country with her magic), we have no evidence August is country level outside of Ars Magia. In fact, if he could country bust without using a spell that would kill himself, you'd think he would have.

Either Irene wins by flying off the ground and nuking him from orbit, or if he can copy that and block her meteor with one of his own, she can just wreck him with her dragon strength, something he can't copy. I mean he was forced to dodge by freaking Cana of all people, whose cards are nowhere near a dragon's strength. Best he can hope for is a draw, once he realizes suicide is his only option, and that's only if he can get off the spell without Irene stopping him.

OK episode, there isn't much more to say

Just hope the final battle between Natsu and Zeref is extended and has Ok animation

So I was rewatching ep 320 ad Zeref had Natsu wrapped up in his magic which is the same as everything else he used. Would this give Natsu straight up death manip resistance aside from Igneel's scarf?

^That's true, his life was being drained from him and he was resisting it for a while, and then he burned it off and was completely fine, he should have resistance to Death Manipulation

Good episode this week, everything was adapted quite well, and the scenes were pretty awesome, next week is where the anime makes or breaks it for me, Natsu vs Zeref's conclusion is next episode, so I just pray they extend the fight just a bit, make it like 14 minutes and have it be decently animated, if they can't do that, I'm gonna be pissed

I doubt since 1 chapter is completely going to adapt for zeref and mavis, and in 1 chapter there is some acnologia fight as well

You know what... I really liked this episode

Natsu vs Zeref got extended a little, just a tiny bit, they added a few more moves and made the final punch last longer, which was not the best, but it was better than nothing, but what really got to me was the music and voice acting, while yes, the fight wasn't long and everyone knows Ichiya's and Anna's sacrifice will mean nothing, but I really felt the emotion and feeling behind the series, and that reminded me why I love Fairy Tail, it makes you feel warm on the inside, Natsu's delivery on that last line and how the animation portrayed that "Bye Big Brother", it had just the tiniest hint of happiness, which nearly made me cry, it showed you that at the end, Natsu probably did care about Zeref, and might remember when he was very young and spent time with him, which makes it all the more heartbreaking, when you know there will never be a time to reconcile with him ever again, which the manga didn't really portray, so that was good, and Ichiya and Anna's scenes were just fun and cool

Overall I liked the episode and do think it did it better than the manga, I won't remember this anime adaptation as the best, but in those small moments, it really can touch my heart, I'm sure the anime only's and those who remember the manga will once again revel in the rant and hatred of Natsu suddenly overpowering Zeref, but for me and those who understand and feel the emotion of Fairy Tail, can just enjoy the little things

Looking forward to the Final Battle with Acnologia, even if it is brief

Good episode this week, did everything it needed too and it felt very emotional

3 more episodes for the Acnologia Fight and then 1 more episode for the epilogue

Then who knows, we might eventually get 100 Year Quest

What this episode reminded me of is that Natsu is going into the final fight with Acnologia completely exhausted, greviously injured, and almost completely drained of power, so yeah, that's why when Natsu uses 7 Flames Dragon Mode, he only uses it for like one attack because he's already super fatigued, so the fact that while half dead, he was able to One Shot Acnologia... imagine at perfect health, this form would be devastating

But is it possible he can only enter this form when at this near dead state? Kinda like Early devil trigger in the DMC games.

Nah, he doesn't activate it on his own or have it be an activation trhough intense pain and willpower, the 6 other dragon slayers willingly give their power to him, and he takes all that they have and enters the form, so if Natsu and the 6 Dragon Slayers were in perfect health and then they gave Natsu all their power, he would likely be way stronger and have the form last longer, so this form at peak health would be really strong

Tbf, everyone whose power he was enchanted with were in the same position as Natsu so what is basically a UR with the last dregs of their magic one shot Acno like the fodder he was just treating them as.

Perfect Health Seven Flames Dragon Mode Natsu would be pretty unstoppable

He should still habe the mode tbh. Its basically like with LFDM, he gets given the DSM of other DS and merges it all together to smack the unfortunate villain in front of him. Hoping he whips it out in 100YQ or at the very least, Wendy unlocks it for him again.

Can't deny that, tbf.

BTW, I just reread Natsu's fight against Zeref and noticed that when he went Savage he burned his arm's skin a lot just like how Ignia's fire did it after he beat Merc. Shouldn't we say that in his profile considering how badly hurt his arm was? It's like his own fire is above not only his durability but his resistance.

I'm not sure if Natsu kept the 7DM within himself. Unlike with LFDM, he didn't eat the powers. Wendy enchanted the magic of the DS in Natsu instead.

Back