• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Hmm something about ft makes no sense to me and its magic power. Obviously the more you have the stronger you seem to be. More magic power means more ap, as well as more tankiness. Okay but wouldn't it technically mean Wendy magic power is comparable to BDKs? She didn't just win she actually one shot with a strong attack. And she was fine after he upper cutted her to the ceiling. So doesn't that mean her magic power is same as gildarts lol. Which ig isn't crazy bc he is stronger than base Irene and August but its just crazy to see Wendy as a gildarts tier.

Ofc this is all under assumption he really is defeated. Basically I still don't get why the bad guys are rarely scared of the good guys unless its laxus or gildarts. Like do ft members have a better guage of magic power? Because if Wendy beat Haku with one move that technically means her magic power is in same ballpark. Yet.. Haku never considered she was on his level? Can bad guys not sense magic power? Or is it selective. Idk this reallyyyyy bothers me. Like you would think if Wendy magic power wss comparable to his he wouldn't be so carefree idk lol. I'm just gunns say bad guys have a selective magic power reader for the sake of them looking stronger when they aren't

Last edited:
So I have multiple conclusions.

1. Fairy tail members cannot sense their own magic power. They Guage their strength based on whom they have defeated. But other than that they have no idea how strong they actually are like they can't feel their own energy. This is partly why I said that mirajane being scared of irene wasn't the best evidence Alegria wasn't at least on base Irene tier.

2. Villains don't sense the full potential of one's magic power. They can maybe get a glimpse a person is strong, but they don't sense as much magic power as much as a ft member sense in an opponent. Usually. It can be selective.

3. So being scared of an enemy doesn't make u weaker. Because good guys can't seem to sense their own magic power if they could they would know all of them were spriggan tier back in last arc. But this only applies to Good guys seems like.

4. So when you have 1 and 2 where the villains can't seem to Guage the full strength of a good guy and the good guys can't Guage their own magic power and their confidence in their abilities stems entirely on accomplishments. Beating Mard geer, beating hades, Yada Yada.

But the reason I note them not sensing their own magic power is because its important. They wouldn't be so scared of their enemies if they realized they had the same amount of magic power or at least relative. Or more in some cases. I'm also not saying winning means u have more magic power but when you one shot your enemy it kinda does actually. If you win wss by cunning maybe not. But this just made me get more confidence mirajane Alegria is at most base Irene tier. Cause one counter argument wss she being scared of irene but I just said it was bc she wss in base and out of magic power.

Having more magic power makes you more powerful, but different magic types have different specialties.
So a magic type focused almost entirely on speed will spend most of its magic power on boosting speed, rather than mostly on boosting attack and defense.

So I have multiple conclusions.

1. Fairy tail members cannot sense their own magic power. They Guage their strength based on whom they have defeated. But other than that they have no idea how strong they actually are like they can't feel their own energy. This is partly why I said that mirajane being scared of irene wasn't the best evidence Alegria wasn't at least on base Irene tier.

2. Villains don't sense the full potential of one's magic power. They can maybe get a glimpse a person is strong, but they don't sense as much magic power as much as a ft member sense in an opponent. Usually. It can be selective.

3. So being scared of an enemy doesn't make u weaker. Because good guys can't seem to sense their own magic power if they could they would know all of them were spriggan tier back in last arc. But this only applies to Good guys seems like.

4. So when you have 1 and 2 where the villains can't seem to Guage the full strength of a good guy and the good guys can't Guage their own magic power and their confidence in their abilities stems entirely on accomplishments. Beating Mard geer, beating hades, Yada Yada.

But the reason I note them not sensing their own magic power is because its important. They wouldn't be so scared of their enemies if they realized they had the same amount of magic power or at least relative. Or more in some cases. I'm also not saying winning means u have more magic power but when you one shot your enemy it kinda does actually. If you win wss by cunning maybe not. But this just made me get more confidence mirajane Alegria is at most base Irene tier. Cause one counter argument wss she being scared of irene but I just said it was bc she wss in base and out of magic power.
It’s just typical Hiro Mashima writing, no matter how you look at it, the heroes always underestimate themselves and the villains are always overhyped, until they actually fight and you see that the Heroes were always stronger

Hiro does this to build hype for villains, but he always overdoes it, I mean hell Natsu was considering using Igneel’s Power against Brandish of all people, which is ridiculous, people saying someone has an immense amount of magic power is still valid for scaling, I mean you can still be weaker than someone and scale relative, not to mention Emotion Boosts, which increase magic power in a moment and aren’t the baseline magic power that can be felt

Also Mira ain’t Irene level, stop capping

Last edited:
Also natsu: guess i will one-shot half the spriggans i come across
Natsu:
loiter-squad-meme.gif

I'm curious, has anyone considered using the multipliers from the MPF round for its contestants?

If it were to be accepted, then Jura gets a slight bump from "City level, likely City Level +" to just "City Level+", since going by multipliers his attack was 60.86 megatons.

The same goes for Cana's Fairy Glitter, which going by multipliers from Milliania (who scales above Max) was equal to 71225753.4 tons of TNT

I'm curious, has anyone considered using the multipliers from the MPF round for its contestants?

If it were to be accepted, then Jura gets a slight bump from "City level, likely City Level +" to just "City Level+", since going by multipliers his attack was 60.86 megatons.

The same goes for Cana's Fairy Glitter, which going by multipliers from Milliania (who scales above Max) was equal to 71225753.4 tons of TNT
We have before and it was agreed that we shouldn't, but I don't remember why?

I dunno, maybe we can use them, it would need a CRT

It’s just typical Hiro Mashima writing, no matter how you look at it, the heroes always underestimate themselves and the villains are always overhyped, until they actually fight and you see that the Heroes were always stronger

Hiro typical writing is Power of Friendship > everything else. In terms of raw power without special power ups and forms FT MC almost always WAY weaker than villains and lose to them, but when start their friendship talking -> First Magic/Temporal emotionals powers up gets on board -> FT gets more powerfull when villain and bested them. After which all goes back as Spriggans still FAR above base MC, which Brandish cleary demonstrated and how even Historia God Serena was able to easily hold a pack of base MC and terrifying them and when real Spriggan tier good guy (Gildarts) arrive he was oneshotted.

You know, I've been thinking, and if Mashima had wanted it, Fairy Tail could've EASILY been a massive franchise.

Think about it. 99% of the story is just on one guild in one country, but not only are there plenty of other guilds in Fiore alone to explore, but also 3 massive continents full of wizards that can also be used as stories. Not to mention, there is so much prequel material from the Dragon King Festival to right before the present Fairy Tail time that it's ridiculous.

Not all of the Spriggan defeats were bad.

Jacob's was fine, Ajeel's was pretty well done (since Erza needed outside help to win), Neinhart was fine (the first time, at least).

Also Mitch, wasn't Ajeel badly injured by the Jupiter Cannon when Nakagami Armor Erza one-shot him? Should that still be added to his write-up?

Not saying there should be any tier or power changes, but it is something to note.

Also Mitch, wasn't Ajeel badly injured by the Jupiter Cannon when Nakagami Armor Erza one-shot him? Should that still be added to his write-up?

Not saying there should be any tier or power changes, but it is something to note.
Erza's Profile doesn't say she one-shot him

Kind of a shame that all those downgrades for mid-tier OP means that now it's harder to find good OP vs FT matches.

You know, I've been thinking, and if Mashima had wanted it, Fairy Tail could've EASILY been a massive franchise.

Think about it. 99% of the story is just on one guild in one country, but not only are there plenty of other guilds in Fiore alone to explore, but also 3 massive continents full of wizards that can also be used as stories. Not to mention, there is so much prequel material from the Dragon King Festival to right before the present Fairy Tail time that it's ridiculous.
I am heavily disappointed with Mashima world building there

Like Ishgar has like 10 or so Countries and we've only ever seen like 2

Fiore and Stella ( once in a MOVIE )

There was also all those countries to explore on Zeref's turf

Like bruh he made such a rich world but hardly explores it and keeps it to Fiore

Why in my FT AU I'm writing I wanna have Team Natsu take missions in other countries or even just explore and shit

I am heavily disappointed with Mashima world building there

Like Ishgar has like 10 or so Countries and we've only ever seen like 2

Fiore and Stella ( once in a MOVIE )

There was also all those countries to explore on Zeref's turf

Like bruh he made such a rich world but hardly explores it and keeps it to Fiore

Why in my FT AU I'm writing I wanna have Team Natsu take missions in other countries or even just explore and shit
Legit thought Fiore was the only country in Ishgar until I looked at a map and holy shit there are other countries around what in the world.

Okay, let me reword that.

It could've become a massive expanded universe with all the source material it has.

Don't get me wrong, I've read literally all the spin-offs. It was for a TV Tropes related reasons (back when I had a TV Tropes account a month and a half ago), but I enjoyed all of them.

My favorites are Fairy Girls and Happy's Heroic Adventure.

Okay, let me reword that.

It could've become a massive expanded universe with all the source material it has.

Don't get me wrong, I've read literally all the spin-offs. It was for a TV Tropes related reasons (back when I had a TV Tropes account a month and a half ago), but I enjoyed all of them.

My favorites are Fairy Girls and Happy's Heroic Adventure.
I mean there is still a lot more of the world to explore yeah, but we are technically doing that in 100YQ right now by being in Guiltena

I mean there is still a lot more of the world to explore yeah, but we are technically doing that in 100YQ right now by being in Guiltena
Think about it. We could have 5-10 new stories about 5-10 new guilds in the Alvarez continent and/or Guiltena and/or somewhere else in Ishgar and still only explore a fraction of the universe. Alvarez alone has 730 guilds IIRC.

And don't even get me started on the possibilities for stories taking place in the 400 years during/after the Dragon Festival.

Hell, look at Fairy Tail Fanon wiki, it's HUGE!!

That wiki alone shows the massive amount of potential magics, locations, and other things that the canon story really didn't tap into.

And yes, Guiltena is being explored somewhat, but it keeps orbiting back to the Dragon Gods and the rest of the Guild.

It could be a franchise rivaling if not exceeding One Piece and DB in size if Mashima wanted.

I'm not mad at him though, because writing burnout is rough.

Fairy tail’s world exploration is definitely something I desired more of I would have liked to explore more of Elentir ever since we got introduced to it as well as the neighboring countries of Fiore

And tbh the same can be said for Rave Master

I think overall Edens Zero does the best job of the 3 as far as the whole world exploration goes but that’s just me

Fairy tail’s world exploration is definitely something I desired more of I would have liked to explore more of Elentir ever since we got introduced to it as well as the neighboring countries of Fiore

And tbh the same can be said for Rave Master

I think overall Edens Zero does the best job of the 3 as far as the whole world exploration goes but that’s just me
Yes.

Back