• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Why? When he is blatantly slower.
He reacted slightly faster than Jacob to Serena getting blitzed.
Got shanked by brandish dispite watching her pull the blade out of her jacket.
That said his powered up form should be comparable since he fought jellal and copied meteor.
He is repeatedly stated to be her equal.

Acnologia would've blitzed him no matter how much stronger than Jacob he was, I mean look at their tier difference.

He wasn't expecting Brandish (who he viewed like a grand daughter) to attack him.

You're right that he should scale to Jellal, I mean he made Jellal look like an absolute joke.

That reminds me, shouldn't we add to Battle Form August that he stomped Jellal without any effort? I mean, it'd help support his High 6-C tier, since he utterly stomped a 6-C Jellal.

Also, here is my proposal for why Brandish from 100YQ should get her own key and be a 6-c due to her magic abilities working on 6-C characters like Lucy (who was caught off guard when she was shrunk, so she had to have been equal to or weaker than Brandish), Gajeel, Erza, Juvia, and Mirajane.

One more thing, should Skullion and Kyria scale to hurting a human Mercphobia who had half of his power?

Skullion dissolving Mercphobia's water attack and then restraining him with ash tendrils:

Human Mercphobia was cut and wounded by Kyria while protecting Karameel:
https://sorcererweekly.com/reader/read/ft100yq/en/2/11/page/7 (center left panel)
https://sorcererweekly.com/reader/read/ft100yq/en/2/11/page/18 (bottom right panel)

Also, looking at the battle between Diabolos and Fairy Tail, I think we can add for Kyria that she is "Stronger than Star Dress Lucy", since Lucy did about the same amount of fighting as Wendy and was defeated in a similar way. It fits with the scaling, since she is above DF Wendy and equal to both Base Erza and Base Natsu.

Last edited:
A lot of the added justifications are just unnecessary to be honest. Also, big no to Skullion and Kyria. Mercphobia had most of his power restricted back then.

He is repeatedly stated to be her equal.

Acnologia would've blitzed him no matter how much stronger than Jacob he was, I mean look at their tier difference.

He wasn't expecting Brandish (who he viewed like a grand daughter) to attack him.

You're right that he should scale to Jellal, I mean he made Jellal look like an absolute joke.
The only people in-universe to state that are August and Brandish, who are likely biased and August's feats (which are more important than statements) suggest that he is slower.

Blitzing is related to speed not tier, you can have a weaker character be faster than a stronger one. My point in this case is that Acnologia has been shown to be able to blitz August but not able to blitz Irene.

Even if August wasn't expecting it he still saw her pull the blade on him and failed to respond in time.

Well, Natsu going all the way up the mountain was for nothing. I hope the next chapter has more Suzaku and Selene in it.

Creepy face monster is interesting though.

Also, who wants to bet that Erza uses the Nakagami armor and/or Dragon Slayer swords to defeat Suzaku?

The only people in-universe to state that are August and Brandish, who are likely biased and August's feats (which are more important than statements) suggest that he is slower.

Blitzing is related to speed not tier, you can have a weaker character be faster than a stronger one. My point in this case is that Acnologia has been shown to be able to blitz August but not able to blitz Irene.

Even if August wasn't expecting it he still saw her pull the blade on him and failed to respond in time.
Acno clearly wasn't trying when fighting Irene, and is prone to holding back when fighting characters far weaker than him, Jellal being the perfect example given he could block an attack and tag him.

Well, Natsu going all the way up the mountain was for nothing. I hope the next chapter has more Suzaku and Selene in it.

Creepy face monster is interesting though.

Also, who wants to bet that Erza uses the Nakagami armor and/or Dragon Slayer swords to defeat Suzaku?
I think Selene is going somewhere to unleash her full power or something and may lead Suzaku into a trap.

The face monster is called Alta Face and it is the source of all Magic Power in Elentir. I said before that there should be a scenario where Natsu should be buffed instead of another Dragon God being nerfed. I feel as if the Alta Face may power him with something if it says that he needs to defeat Selene to help him.

I think Selene is going somewhere to unleash her full power or something and may lead Suzaku into a trap.

The face monster is called Alta Face and it is the source of all Magic Power in Elentir. I said before that there should be a scenario where Natsu should be buffed instead of another Dragon God being nerfed. I feel as if the Alta Face may power him with something if it says that he needs to defeat Selene to help him.
Maybe team natsu will get buffed and fight selene together with suzaku or something.

Maybe team natsu will get buffed and fight selene together with suzaku or something.
Suzaku is too injured at this point and if Selene is gonna use her true power where ever she is going, it's not gonna seem like Suzaku could help.

I can still only see Natsu alone fighting Selene later on as the other members had their battles with the Moonlit Beauty Gods.

Okay, so Suzaku is FTL right now because he blitzed Base Natsu when a somewhat weakened God Seed Aldoron couldn't. By that logic, wouldn't Suzaku be High 6-A for one-shotting Base Natsu when a somewhat weakened God Seed Aldoron couldn't? It would also be consistent with Mercphobia referring to serious Human Selene as the true power of a Dragon God.

Okay, so Suzaku is FTL right now because he blitzed Base Natsu when a somewhat weakened God Seed Aldoron couldn't. By that logic, wouldn't Suzaku be High 6-A for one-shotting Base Natsu when a somewhat weakened God Seed Aldoron couldn't? It would also be consistent with Mercphobia referring to serious Human Selene as the true power of a Dragon God.
Your right especially since god seed aldoron said he had the same strength as dragon aldoron

Suzaku is too injured at this point and if Selene is gonna use her true power where ever she is going, it's not gonna seem like Suzaku could help.

I can still only see Natsu alone fighting Selene later on as the other members had their battles with the Moonlit Beauty Gods.
Maybe suzaku uses dragon force. But i still think team natsu is gonna fight selene leading to a 1v1 with natsu and selene

Your right especially since god seed aldoron said he had the same strength as dragon aldoron
God Seed Aldoron is stated to have all the power of Dragon Aldoron, and he was stated to have only been somewhat weakened after the God Seeds were defeated.

If Suzaku is this strong, then a properly-written Georg Raizen is going to be a f*cking NIGHTMARE to defeat.

Let's wait till the end of the Selene Arc before we go over the Human Forms of the Dragon Gods and Suzaku

Yeah, I think this incident might be dealing with the overflowing magic power. Possibly something that could potentially give power ups to Natsu (and team of course but Natsu seems the one to get it the most if he would eventually fight Selene and other Dragon Gods) considering that Alta Face is the core of Magic in Elentir.

Selene is going to another world. Don't know if it is Earthland or another world of her own that draws her true power thus luring Suzaku into a trap. But regardless of where she goes, her magic can still affect worlds from different dimensions is why the hands haven't stopped yet.

Acno clearly wasn't trying when fighting Irene, and is prone to holding back when fighting characters far weaker than him, Jellal being the perfect example given he could block an attack and tag him.
Incorrect; she made him both angry and excited to fight her. So I'm pretty sure he was actually putting in some effort unlike with Serena.

Incorrect; she made him both angry and excited to fight her. So I'm pretty sure he was actually putting in some effort unlike with Serena.
Can't argue against that. Acnologia is far more serious than Selene. So he knows when it is right to use his power within the correct situation.

So Alta Face seems to me to be the strongest FT character to date. Source of all magic on Elentir, has arms growing all over the planet, and plans to destroy the world.

Be surprised if Team Natsu fought a threat bigger than a DG (Selene) already.

Man I didn't even see this thread for a loooong time cuz of the mashima discord server.

So far it seems to be the case. Atla Face >>> all of Earthland's magic power >>> Phoenix's surface wiping attack formed by absorbing some energy from life forms

It can destroy a Planet by overcoming it's GBE even though it appears it needs time to cause the explosion. Sort of like endless performing overdrive maybe?

Selene can also distort a magic power that huge by herself. I would still bank on Selene messing with the Moon. Her magics did that, even back in Edolas when she summoned the "night sky and moon" she likely just opened a portal to Elentir's moon to cast her BFR spell rather than some sort of illusion since she depends on the Moon and making it shine a bright light to do it. I used to think there is some chance it could be an illusion but I don't think so anymore.
People knowledgeable about Selene said it directly, we see it stay big after Selene left Elentir, it's also used to portray her power.

Here's something interesting: Carla says that Brandish joining Lucy against Diabolos (whom they just saw beat Erza and Natsu) would be "reassuring", implying that Brandish was strong enough to be very useful against Diabolos (as in, matching or exceeding them).

I mean, they know that Natsu and Erza surpass X792 Brandish in strength, and they just saw Natsu and Erza get matched and overpowered by Diabolos, so it's quite possible that Brandish as of X793 is as strong if not stronger than Natsu and Erza.

Thoughts?

Here's something interesting: Carla says that Brandish joining Lucy against Diabolos (whom they just saw beat Erza and Natsu) would be "reassuring", implying that Brandish was strong enough to be very useful against Diabolos (as in, matching or exceeding them).

I mean, they know that Natsu and Erza surpass X792 Brandish in strength, and they just saw Natsu and Erza get matched and overpowered by Diabolos, so it's quite possible that Brandish as of X793 is as strong if not stronger than Natsu and Erza.

Thoughts?
Natsu loss because madmole knocked natsu onto a ship and natsu couldn't fight back due to motion sickness and erza loss because of kyria being immune to her sword and that spell which changed erza personality.

There loss is very situational and carla saying brandish joining is very reassuring does nit mean she is as strong as them or stronger. Just that she could help

Natsu loss because madmole knocked natsu onto a ship and natsu couldn't fight back due to motion sickness and erza loss because of kyria being immune to her sword and that spell which changed erza personality.

There loss is very situational and carla saying brandish joining is very reassuring does nit mean she is as strong as them or stronger. Just that she could help
She's at least comparable to Lucy since she can shrink her without her letting it happen, but the evidence for her scaling to Natsu and Erza is iffy due to the circumstances.

She's at least comparable to Lucy since she can shrink her without her letting it happen, but the evidence for her scaling to Natsu and Erza is iffy due to the circumstances.
I agree she comparable to lucy. But her scaling to natsu and erza wouldn't really work due to the circumstances like you said

You guys are right that both Natsu and Erza were beaten by circumstances that weren't related to power, but Lucy still saw Diabolos match them and she helped fight Kyria herself.

Ok that's fair. Here's hoping she appears again in the manga with some awesome feats (plus she's hilarious, which is why she's my favorite FT character)
Yeah, I think everyone in the thread has agreed to scale Brandish to Lucy. Also, I love Brandish. Wendy is best girl, but Brandish is best waifu.

Yeah, I think everyone in the thread has agreed to scale Brandish to Lucy. Also, I love Brandish. Wendy is best girl, but Brandish is best waifu.
Chapter 63.5 is one of my favorite 100YQ chapters yet. FLUFFY COASTER!! had me rolling XD.

Brandish IMO is best girl (since she's hilarious and has a heart of gold), but my waifu has got to be either Mira or Irene.

Also, how's this for X793 Brandish:

Island Level (Should be at least comparable to Lucy and Base Gray, as she was able to casually change both their sizes, which cannot be done if the target is stronger than her.)

Ok that's fair. Here's hoping she appears again in the manga with some awesome feats (plus she's hilarious, which is why she's my favorite FT character)
Its only a matter of time before she returns and gets some new feats. She is in my top 10 fav characters but i like mavis wendy and lucy more but brandish is awesome.

Chapter 63.5 is one of my favorite 100YQ chapters yet. FLUFFY COASTER!! had me rolling XD.

Brandish IMO is best girl (since she's hilarious and has a heart of gold), but my waifu has got to be either Mira or Irene.

Also, how's this for X793 Brandish:

Island Level (Should be at least comparable to Lucy and Base Gray, as she was able to casually change both their sizes, which cannot be done if the target is stronger than her.)
You could also add able to change base gajeel size

@GuildZero I wish, but Gajeel no doubt allowed her to change his size, so he doesn't count.

Wait a sec, while Brandish has indeed never increased her own size to the extent that she did for Gajeel, we know that she can at least make herself a giant in size, and the fact that she could easily restrain Natsu with one hand (and Lucy with the other, but she already stomped Lucy when she was holding back so restraining Natsu is more impressive) implies a notable increase in power based on size growth.

Come to think of it, we should probably add Brandish and her potential strength increase from making herself grow to her x792 profile as well

Hey, what about we say:

X792 Brandish: Large Mountain Level (Far stronger than Ikusa-Tsunagi. Gray stated that her magic power was greater than anything else he had ever felt before prior to the Alvarez Arc.), likely higher with size growth (Easily restrained Star Dress Lucy and base Natsu with one hand each). Ignores conventional durability with Command T

X793 Brandish: Island Level (Should be at least comparable to Lucy and Base Gray, as she was able to casually change both their sizes, which cannot be done if the target is stronger than her), likely higher with size growth. Ignores conventional durability with Command T

@GuildZero I wish, but Gajeel no doubt allowed her to change his size, so he doesn't count.

Wait a sec, while Brandish has indeed never increased her own size to the extent that she did for Gajeel, we know that she can at least make herself a giant in size, and the fact that she could easily restrain Natsu with one hand (and Lucy with the other, but she already stomped Lucy when she was holding back so restraining Natsu is more impressive) implies a notable increase in power based on size growth.

Come to think of it, we should probably add Brandish and her potential strength increase from making herself grow to her x792 profile as well

Hey, what about we say:

X792 Brandish: Large Mountain Level (Far stronger than Ikusa-Tsunagi. Gray stated that her magic power was greater than anything else he had ever felt before prior to the Alvarez Arc.), likely higher with size growth (Easily restrained Star Dress Lucy and base Natsu with one hand each). Ignores conventional durability with Command T

X793 Brandish: Island Level (Should be at least comparable to Lucy and Base Gray, as she was able to casually change both their sizes, which cannot be done if the target is stronger than her), likely higher with size growth. Ignores conventional durability with Command T
Big disagree on the likely higher thing for her X792 key, it's unnecessary and restraining people is a lifting strength feat, so it supports her being at least Class G.

Big disagree on the likely higher thing for her X792 key, it's unnecessary and restraining people is a lifting strength feat, so it supports her being at least Class G.
Are you totally sure it doesn't apply to attack potency? I mean, it isn't too important but I'm pretty sure that a size increase would increase your overall power level.

IMO the way it was portrayed when Brandish used it on Lucy and Natsu seemed to indicate that as a giant she was stronger than them, but that's just me.

Are you totally sure it doesn't apply to attack potency? I mean, it isn't too important but I'm pretty sure that a size increase would increase your overall power level.

IMO the way it was portrayed when Brandish used it on Lucy and Natsu seemed to indicate that as a giant she was stronger than them, but that's just me.
I've seen this with other verses, it's well-established that restraining = lifting strength

Back