• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

100YQ Brandish scaling buff

So in 100YQ, after Brandish says that she can't affect Aldoron due to the size difference, she decides to make Gajeel huge instead to fight Aldoron.

Now, we know that Brandish's magic only works on those comparable to or below her (since it's implied in the Alvarez Arc that it would've worked on a normal Neinhart, who was comparable to Brandish).

Thus, it is safe to assume that 100YQ Brandish scales to Base Gajeel, which would warrant a moderate upgrade to a 6-C. It makes sense, given that 1 year is plenty of time to grow a bit stronger.

Not to mention, her casual shrinking works on Lucy (who was shrunk without knowing), Juvia, Mirajane, and Erza in chapter 64, implying that she matched if not surpassed them in strength, which further supports her being at least 6-C as of X793.

Because of this, I propose that Brandish be given an X793 key, and as of X793 she is a 6-C.

Her attack Potency writeup would say something like: At least Island Level (Was able to casually affect the sizes of Base Gajeel, Lucy, Juvia, Base Erza, and Mirajane with her Magic, implying that she matches if not surpasses them in magic power).

Thoughts?

First of all, can you provide the scans.
Furthermore, all but Base Lucy were willing, so I disagree with her scaling to Erza, Mirajane, and Gajeel. Base Lucy ... doesn't actually have a rating to scale to, just lower than her Star Dress.

First of all, can you provide the scans.
Furthermore, all but Base Lucy were willing, so I disagree with her scaling to Erza, Mirajane, and Gajeel. Base Lucy ... doesn't actually have a rating to scale to, just lower than her Star Dress.
Base Lucy is 5.3 gigatons, scaling from Juvia.

IIRC there's this

Note: We scale Lucy's Attack Potency and Striking Class to her Celestial Spirits, Star Dresses, and Urano Metria, as that is what she primarily uses her magic power for. Her normal Attack Potency and Striking Class without these powers is lower than what she is rated as above, however it is not significant enough of a difference to warrant a separate tier.

Feels weird scaling Base Lucy to a clear amp ... but okay. Regardless, Brandish won't scale to Base Gajeel, Erza, or Mirajane as all of them were willing.

When she drops him onto Lucy, he’s in his base form. It’s unclear if he had his Devil Slayer Mark when she shrunk him.

I think she should scale to base gray. But during the aldoron battle every one besides brandish were already fighting and used magic and had been drained.

I also think because we have no idea if she even trained or got stronger over the last year she should have her x792 rating the same rating ad x793 or 100yq. Both should be 6-C imo

I think she should scale to base gray. But during the aldoron battle every one besides brandish were already fighting and used magic and had been drained.

I also think because we have no idea if she even trained or got stronger over the last year she should have her x792 rating the same rating ad x793 or 100yq. Both should be 6-C imo
X792 Brandish is going to stay High 7-A+, only X793 Brandish will be 6-C

We also have no evidence that she didn't. The 6-C is also based on the High 7-A+ rating so it completely screws everything over.

Yeah, the only issue I'd have with Base Gray is wasn't he near dead when she shrunk him? Or am I misremembering that scene? I'm pretty sure he was at least unconscious.

Yeah, just reread the chapters and Gray was beaten and in Base when Brandish shrunk him. And then next we see him Gray's unconscious and shrunk, so I'm not sure if she can scale to that ...

Yeah, the only issue I'd have with Base Gray is wasn't he near dead when she shrunk him? Or am I misremembering that scene? I'm pretty sure he was at least unconscious.

Yeah, just reread the chapters and Gray was beaten and in Base when Brandish shrunk him. And then next we see him Gray's unconscious and shrunk, so I'm not sure if she can scale to that ...
She'd still scale to Lucy who is the same rating as Base Gray.

He wasn't weakend or near dead he just started turning into ash when she shrunk him

We also have no evidence that she didn't. The 6-C is also based on the High 7-A+ rating so it completely screws everything over.
True but either way we cant be sure she did or didn't get stronger so they should have the same rating.

And if her x792 rating is changed to 6-C what does it really mess up. The only characters who scaling will change will be spriggans

True but either way we cant be sure she did or didn't get stronger so they should have the same rating.

And if her x792 rating is changed to 6-C what does it really mess up. The only characters who scaling will change will be spriggans
The 6-C comes from the High 7-A+ rating. Without it, there’s no 6-C to begin with. X792 Brandish is going to stay High 7-A+, plain and simple.

1. Quick question: Should we say that Brandish could have a much higher tier if she grew herself in size like she did to Gajeel? I mean, there's no way she couldn't beef her size to the same extent that she did Gajeel. Of course, she doesn't scale to Gajeel matching Aldoron, but were she to enlargen herself, she could probably be close to the results from these two calcs for Gajeel on this wiki.

2. So, what will we say for X793 Brandish in her write-up?

1. Quick question: Should we say that Brandish could have a much higher tier if she grew herself in size like she did to Gajeel? I mean, there's no way she couldn't beef her size to the same extent that she did Gajeel. Of course, she doesn't scale to Gajeel matching Aldoron, but were she to enlargen herself, she could probably be close to the results from these two calcs for Gajeel on this wiki.

2. So, what will we say for X793 Brandish in her write-up?
1. No, we’ve never seen Brandish make herself that large. She probably can, but it’s still just a hypothetical.

2. Island level (Should be at least comparable to Lucy, as she was able to change her size, which cannot be done if the target is stronger than her)

Something like that.

1. No, we’ve never seen Brandish make herself that large. She probably can, but it’s still just a hypothetical.

2. Island level (Should be at least comparable to Lucy, as she was able to change her size, which cannot be done if the target is stronger than her)

Something like that.
1. Valid

2. Good draft. I wonder if shrinking Gray can be added to that as well.

3. Here's something that might be useful: Carla says that Brandish joining Lucy against Diabolos (whom they just saw beat Erza and Natsu) would be "reassuring", implying that Brandish was strong enough to be very useful against Diabolos (as in, matching or exceeding them). I mean, they know that Natsu and Erza surpass X792 Brandish in strength, so it's quite possible that Brandish as of X793 is as strong if not stronger than Natsu and Erza.

Last edited:
It's clearly shown Brandish can shrink and effect people stronger than her with her magic if they are off guard or if they allow her too

Someone has to not just be stronger than her, but greatly stronger than her and even then, has to be intentionally preventing her power from working

So I don't agree with the upgrade

It's clearly shown Brandish can shrink and effect people stronger than her with her magic if they are off guard or if they allow her too

Someone has to not just be stronger than her, but greatly stronger than her and even then, has to be intentionally preventing her power from working

So I don't agree with the upgrade
Take Gray as an example. You could definitely say he was on-guard because he was in combat when she shrunk him. Also, about the AP point, the only times Brandish has affected characters stronger than her is when they were off-guard (like Natsu).

Back