• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

what does her powers even mean? freeze anything that "cannot" be seen??? almost all power sources can be seen.

Happy New Year from Hiro and Ueda
J538Mgv.png

Hey I have a question so I wanted to know what you guys think about a few things

First should Natsu get “Low” regeneration via cauterization

I only say this because demon slayers from Kimetsu no Yaiba have

“Low Regeneration” via breathing techniques due to them being Abel to stop the bleeding of Hemorrhages

And Sanemi also has this
“Can squeeze his muscles so hard blood won’t leave his body”
as justification for his low regen on top of the breathing techniques

And nastu pretty much does the same thing via cauterization by stopping the bleeding and closing up life threatening wounds

Also Should Erza get Resistance to

“power nullification” via willpower as Erza was able to resist her Armors getting power nulled simply because that was her will https://gfycat.com/equatorialhideoushalcyon

AnsShould Gray get Resistance to Mind Manipulation via Temporarily breaking out of Invel’s ice lock just as Juvia did https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-499-page-10.html

I just want to see what others think because maybe my interpretation of these things is incorrect

Minor Healing is more suited than Regeneration, it should be resistance to Power Nullification via Wedding Dress Armor, and I think Supernatural Willpower works better than just resistance to mind manip
I agree with the Erza and Gray points

Though supernatural willpower should be given to Juvia as well and in turn remove her resistance to mind Manipulation as she and gray did the same thing

And while I can see minor healing for Natsu And I think it can work

I still think Low regen could work as well because if the demon slayers from Kimetsu no Yaiba have it via closing wounds and keeping blood from powering out of there wounds then Natsu should have Low regen as well due to doing the same thing basically

Of course this will have to have a CRT even though it’s just some minor adjustments

Well going off Vs Wiki's own standard on regen, Natsu using "cauterization" to close wounds would be around mid-low or tad bit higher considering the type of wounds he got from Aldo's thicket of arms.

So I agree with the Natsu point considering other verses have gotten it for far less

Why is cauterisation considered a form of regeneration when it doesn't repair damage? Though how natsu cauterizes him self when he has fire resistance is a mystery.

That said I think all wizards should have low regeneration since they recover much faster than they should and don't seem to suffer long term injuries like people do IRL

I still think Natsu should have some type of regeneration regardless of cauterization.
What he did against Aldoron was more than just ignoring the lethal wounds through sheer stamina and willpower, we don't know if he actually cauterized them and he was fine after the battle, he just had bandages like all others.
And the Thicket of Arms pierced through his whole body, there's no way it didn't pierce organs and or broke bones.

Why is cauterisation considered a form of regeneration when it doesn't repair damage? Though how natsu cauterizes him self when he has fire resistance is a mystery.

That said I think all wizards should have low regeneration since they recover much faster than they should and don't seem to suffer long term injuries like people do IRL
Well u are repairing some kinda a damage when you cauterize a wound ya know it’s just not completely healed

Ya know since a wound that opened up internally and externally that was large enough to cause blood to escape that could lead to certain death yet In Natsu’s case as well as the Demon slayers from kimetsu no yaiba they were Abel to seal the wound close and prevent further blood loss so they repaired some damage they just didn’t completely heal from it though they did it through different methods

And I don’t think every wizard should have some form of low regen because a lot of the times they just have decent endurance and a large enough stamina pool to keep moving around and fighting after heavy damage and a lot of times after the battle or mid battle they just get some kind of medical treatment

It’s just in Natsu’s case he did the same thing that the demon slayers did so if they have low regen via closing wounds and stops blood loss then Natsu should have it to just via cauterization rather than breathing abilities

But I mean if closing lethal wounds and keeping blood from escaping isn’t considered a type of regen or minor healing then I don’t think the demon slayers should have low regen since that’s all they do

I still think Natsu should have some type of regeneration regardless of cauterization.
What he did against Aldoron was more than just ignoring the lethal wounds through sheer stamina and willpower, we don't know if he actually cauterized them and he was fine after the battle, he just had bandages like all others.
And the Thicket of Arms pierced through his whole body, there's no way it didn't pierce organs and or broke bones.
I agree that Natsu was definitely hit through out his whole body and he had to be hit in some of his internal and vital organs and his bones and we see he wasn’t bothered by it but it’s just that we don’t see him healing or closing any wounds we know he has insane endurance so it’s possible that he just endured everything until he could receive medical treatment from the guild

I’m only suggesting Natsu get Low regen via cauterization because he did the same thing that the demon slayers did so if they have low regen via closing wounds and preventing further blood loss then Natsu should have it to just via cauterization rather than breathing abilities

But I mean if closing lethal wounds and keeping blood from escaping isn’t considered a type of regen or minor healing then I don’t think the demon slayers should have low regen

Cauterization should be something, I agree, either low regen, healing or else.

Natsu wasn't bothered because he activated Dragon Force immediately after, since he was testing Aldoron to see if he was a good person like Mercphobia.
My guess is that the activation of Dragon Force healed his wounds.
It's true that he still has scratches, cuts and the wound in the foot, but he isn't even holed like a swiss cheese shape and the fact that he cauterized himself is an assumption as well.

Cauterization should be something, I agree, either low regen, healing or else.

Natsu wasn't bothered because he activated Dragon Force immediately after, since he was testing Aldoron to see if he was a good person like Mercphobia.
My guess is that the activation of Dragon Force healed his wounds.
It's true that he still has scratches, cuts and the wound in the foot, but he isn't even holed like a swiss cheese shape and the fact that he cauterized himself is an assumption as well.
That’s true he wasn’t full of holes after using DF but it’s just it’s kinda inconsistent because we have seen Natsu Use dragon force before and his wounds weren’t sealed closed from all those previous times he used DF

but I do think it’s worth discussing DF possibly healing his wounds

and yea cauterization is an assumption as well but I think it’s more likely because we have actually seen him seal wounds closed via cauterization which he did pretty quickly as soon as his fire came into contact with the wound during chapter 2 of the series

So yea Cauterization has to count as some type of regen/healing As long as the breathing Techniques from demon slayers count as regen or healing since Natsu did the same thing

Cauterization can be taken in consideration, but it's still something that happened only once at the very beginning of the series and Natsu would have had to cauterize basically all of his body, including organs and bones.
And I wouldn't exclude regen being a new power Natsu acquired, maybe because his DF became stronger after absorbing Ignia's fire or something.
There's a panel, immediately after Natsu burned the wooden spikes, where we see the holes in the clothes without the wounds, this may be a hint (even though he still has cuts and stuff, this is the real inconsistency).

AFAIK Cauterization can be considered Healing, what type of Healing not sure.
Cauterization can be considered Minor healing at the most as you are only sealing a wound closed and stoping blood from leaking out of the wound so you really only are healing minor injuries like Sliced flesh and damaged blood vessels and the such

I only suggested low regen due to demon slayers from kimetsu no yaiba Having it on their profiles via doing the same thing as Natsu did by closing wounds and stoping blood from leaking out of their blood vessels after they had been damaged

But the difference for me seems to be is that their's is an internal process (controlling their body to stop the bleeding) while Natsu's is an external process (burning his body)

AFAIK Regen is all about the body having it's healing process accelerated on its own or controlling the body to stop bleeding

That’s true he wasn’t full of holes after using DF but it’s just it’s kinda inconsistent because we have seen Natsu Use dragon force before and his wounds weren’t sealed closed from all those previous times he used DF
To be fair, Natsu never received the level of fatal damage against any other villain (barring zeref & Animus) like he did with Aldo and kept fighting iirc. The only other time I remember Natsu healing from a fatal wound was against Animus, and Natsu dragonized right after. So it's possible that the process of dragonizing has a healing process for Natsu.

But the difference for me seems to be is that their's is an internal process (controlling their body to stop the bleeding) while Natsu's is an external process (burning his body)

AFAIK Regen is all about the body having it's healing process accelerated on its own or controlling the body to stop bleeding
Ok yea that makes sense well then I guess cauterization would count as a minion type of Healing as Zackra suggested

there still is the discussion of DF regenerating some of the damage he took from Aldoron’s spikes but that’s more up in the air as it’s still inconsistent as we still see he has damage on his body even after entering DF

To be fair, Natsu never received the level of fatal damage against any other villain (barring zeref & Animus) like he did with Aldo and kept fighting iirc. The only other time I remember Natsu healing from a fatal wound was against Animus, and Natsu dragonized right after. So it's possible that the process of dragonizing has a healing process for Natsu.
Thats true he hadn’t take any real lethal damage against that many opponents as he did with Aldoron

but even in his battle with Animus he still had the hole in abdomen even after he dragonized so that’s why it’s a problem because it’s inconsistent to say that DF healed his wounds i mean maybe it’s different with the Aldoron battle as it’s likely his DF had some demonic influence but even then he still had 2 holes in his body as well as many cuts across his body

Imho it wouldn't be too farfetched to say Natsu gained this level of healing in 100YQ, but I didn't watch the movie so I don't know what happens there, aside from what I read from you.
It may be possible that the dragonofication healed the most lethal wounds, leaving only the small ones.

Thats true he hadn’t take any real lethal damage against that many opponents as he did with Aldoron

but even in his battle with Animus he still had the hole in abdomen even after he dragonized so that’s why it’s a problem because it’s inconsistent to say that DF healed his wounds i mean maybe it’s different with the Aldoron battle as it’s likely his DF had some demonic influence but even then he still had 2 holes in his body as well as many cuts across his body
We never got to see underneath his clothes after coming back up from being impaled. We only saw the blood from the wound on his shirt not that he still had a hole through him. The most obvious conclusion is that he didn't have the hole anymore.

It could simply be a case of only healing fatal damage and not minor stuff.

I'm still not sure about Natsu healing those wounds, I once again just think it is a case of insane stamina and endurance

But we don't see any wounds, and if it's just stamina than the feat itself is borderline Immortality type 2.

I'm still not sure about Natsu healing those wounds, I once again just think it is a case of insane stamina and endurance
I mean as SamanPatou pointed out Natsu still has holes in his clothes from where he was impelled yet he has no holes in those spots after he enters DF so maybe it’s possible he only heals certain wounds

Though the fact that after Lucy tampered with the demonic scripture of the book of END and the demon within Natsu

It was shown that Natsu’s wound he got from being stabbed by Zeref healed could possibly hint at Natsu demonic power having some type of regen and the fact that it’s likely that Natsu DF during his battle with Aldoron had some type of demonic influence could hint at the fact that some of the holes
Though I do agree that it’s still kinda shaky and kinda of a stretch

However the fact that Natsu can instantly start to slow the bleeding and close the lethal wound done to Macao the second his hand makes contact with his body has to count as some type of healing

We never got to see underneath his clothes after coming back up from being impaled. We only saw the blood from the wound on his shirt not that he still had a hole through him. The most obvious conclusion is that he didn't have the hole anymore.

It could simply be a case of only healing fatal damage and not minor stuff.
That’s a good point and I guess maybe it is possible that Natsu only really heals the Lethal wounds via DF or Turing into a dragon

But we don't see any wounds, and if it's just stamina than the feat itself is borderline Immortality type 2.
That's blowing things like way, way out of proportion.

Whitebeard for instance can continue to fight despite missing half of his actual brain, in this Natsu instance it's just him cauterizing and it isn't an assumption either, Natsu has shown the ability to produce extreme amounts of body heat passively (which can melt iron, more than enough to cauterize any of his wounds just by powering up.)

Whitebeard didn't have had his half head back though, and it was clearly visible.
Natsu, instead, doesn't have any sign where the spikes pierced him, despite having holes in the clothes.
And assuming that Natsu passively cautherizes every wound is an even bigger assumption supported only by that instance with Macao, otherwise he wouldn't bleed at all, like never, and he wouldn't even need DF to do it.
Did he even cauterize his organs and bones?

He wouldn't need to do either one of those things, he'd only need to stop the external bleeding, as we've seen Natsu power through similar amounts of punishment before. The only thing he'd need to do is cauterize the top layer of skin and stop the blood from leaking out of him.

And if we're going down the "assumptions route." then the argument of him is also a major assumption, and one that's incredibly inconsistent at that. Natsu at no point as ever shown the ability to regenerate from wounds, meanwhile we've seen him cauterize wounds in the past, therefore cauterization is more likely due to it being more consistent in comparison to that of regeneration.

Internal bleeding is still a thing, though, especially if your bones are broken and your organs smashed by wooden thorns.
The fact that he didn't suffer at all after transforming, killed Aldoron and was fine after the battle with a couple of bandages would automatically be some kind of regen by accelerated healing, given that characters like Spider Man and Luffy have regen due to way less impressive feats.
And I would actually call it a somewhat limited immortality type 2 like Guts with the armor on.

We either have Natsu regenerating or him being basically a smiling walking corpse and quickly healing anyway later.

And it being some sort of demonic influence is still possible, since Aldoron recognizes DF Natsu as both a dragon and a demon.

I mean really the only Time Natsu has shown regen where no visible damage was left afterwards was with Zeref which was only done via the book of END and possibly the battle with Animus(based on what Yoyco pointed out)

We do know that Natsu is able to pretty much instantly start to close the wound and slow down the blood flow the second his had came into contact with macao via cauterization

And now that Zackra and OnebleachHurricane has pointed out that cauterization would be more akin to a minor type of healing rather than regeneration

I think “healing easy injuries” could work or maybe a possibly or likely rating could go with it

Again it is kinda weird how Natsu uses DF with possibly some demonic influence along with it and then some of the wounds that Natsu had previously weren’t present when he entered DF

One of the demon's in the galuna island arc implied that demons can regenerate, he got lethally shanked but recovered coz demon iirc.
Though I wouldn't give natsu regeneration since all other instances for regen have been backed up by statements or been shown happening.

If anything it's plot armour that natsu survives such damage; just look at the stuff gajeel, Gray, laxus and gildartz have survived for stupid reasons or no explanation at all.

Cauterisation is basically just melting flesh together to prevent blood loss: I would call it first aid rather than regeneration.

Back