• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
well looks like Ethan is jelly of the popular cocky asshole boi. I'll get to this later. SAT studying.

Both seem to have Martial Arts. Ethan not having Statistics Amps can prove to be a big yikes. Precognition is definitely a problem, but Ethan has defeated his friend Travis, who can read brainwaves and thereby thoughts aka Precog, so this guy's Precog shouldn't be that bad either.

I'm feeling like Ethan can take this. Adaptation and Evolution would make Ethan need to finish things quick, which is in character for him. While David can probably keep up with his sheer amounts of equipment, I don't think he uses it in this key. I'm sure I'm missing something, so an another opinion would be nice.

Yeah, David doesn't really use his weapons in this key

He does have some range with Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist, which also scales well with his practically constantly increasing AP

Also, if Ethan kicks David's shit in, but doesn't kill him quickly, David's Reactive Evo and Adaption withh go crazy and make him stupidly strong

Ethan in character will finish things as fast as possible, so he doesn't hold back. Ethan Resists Elemental Manipulation, including Air Manipulation. If David does have the time to Evolve, that doesn't mean Ethan is out, I'll explain that later since I gtg now

Even if David got the chance to Evolve, Ethan can definitely completely outrange him with dozens of projectiles, some capable of Negating Durability (though not a oneshot) like his Cold Bombs and Thunder Orb: Shoots. Speaking of Cold Bombs, they can create more obstacles for David to weave around carefully while Ethan can throw out projectile after projectile till David is down and out

May or may not be relevant, but David copied a heart explosion technique from Joel in the RP a few hours aga (don't question it it's for your own good)

o h

y i k e s

u m

actually that isn't all that bad, Ethan (like all ORW protags) can survive DuraNegating attacks as if they were normal ones. For example Wayne (from the same series) got a bomb planted inside him which detonated and somehow he was able to not only contain the explosion, but none of his organs were vitally wounded (via ORW Energy Mechanic stuff, it's difficult to understand). Still though, that's free damage on Ethan.

How does copying work? It may be handy because of Ethan's sheer amount of projectiles.

The attack itself was copied from a Kenshiro reference, aka it's pressure point stuff

The copying is martial arts and movement-based, as he can copy both martial arts and literal movements via Photographic Reflexes

Well. The technique that was copied going from heart explosion to full-body explosion may mean something

Also i know

I assuming the Cataclysm RP wont be affecting this Key. So the only issue is the Heart Exploding. As explained before stuff like that does not instakill ORWs but it still deals a lot of damage regardless. The problem though is that he would need to get past all of Ethan's projectiles and obstacles to even get close. Ethan has his own form of DuraNegate (though not instakill) with his AbsZero stuff

I think Ethan got this, but David has a lot of weapons that can help him. Precognition is a problem regardless if Ethan has fought it before. Ethan High Difficultly

Ethan FRA

David has a ton of stuff though, so if an arguement pops up in his favor I might consider voting for him instead. All he has to do is approach and with Precognition and then Heart Damage a lot, that's not too hard. But at the same time Ethan can use his Shockwave Burst to knock him away. I want to go inconclusive. BUT Ethan has initial advantages that give him a leg up aganist David, who needs to wait in order to get something done

That was a sudden two votes for Ethan. I'm going to withdraw my vote for now, I want to see if David has any arguements. But if not grace can start

Cataclysm David will be a separate key from the rest of the page, with it's own stats and feats

It isn't just heart exploding, it's this:

• Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken: Kenshiro's signature technique. Kenshiro unleashes a rapid flurry of over a hundred strikes to his opponent, who explodes shortly afterwards.

hm. I still feel like it isnt enough aganist Ethan's range. David essentially just has Evolution, Precog, Superior Martial Arts, and Pressure Points. I personally don't think that can get past the projectiles though. Ethan has good stuff to ultilize, but as soon as David evolves enough its just gonna be really hard to put him down for good, but as far as I know, Ethan has an enormous inital advantage and can probably finish David off before he gets the chance

I did vote for Ethan yes, but I withdrawed it in search of arguments for David, but if they don't exist, then yeah, I vote for him

Back