• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ethan Xavier vs Bolt Arriaga

Depending on how far the AoE is, this is basically a stomp, unfortunately... Also, how often is he using this in character and how come ever villian doesn't instantly lose due to it? Can he be prevented from doing so by attacking before he activates it?

I could... Maybe find a way out? But right now nothing is coming to mind

So, essentially, everything Bolt can do is essentially a OHKO, so Ethan will have to pull out a strategy to make sure he doesn't get hit one time. Being underground covers most of it, he mainly needs to watch out for Time Stop + Clone + Chrono Slash, but if Bolt misses that, it's a near win condition, especially while Bolt's being bombarded by many projectiles

Make sense. But even if Bolt uses that, he would probably try to get as close as possible.

Ethan happens to be an expert at being a complete wuss and run away with the Joestar Secret Technique. He just needs to figure out how to attack Bolt, which... Will take some work

this is why you contact me first instead of assuming I said yes, because now I have to spend a year and a half asking what he resists and what he doesn't

Smashtwig said:
this is why you contact me first instead of assuming I said yes, because now I have to spend a year and a half asking what he resists and what he doesn't
Sorry, man.

Okay, first off, he doesn't have 6-C dura this time apparently

Sleep, Absolute Zero, Wind Based Attacks (Air Insulates Electricity), Earth Attack, Ice attacks. Can he resist all of those?

He resists all of those, except for sleep Manipulation, and even if Ethan could get close enough to send electricity to Bolt's nerves, Bolt ENTIRE body is practically fueled and surrounded by electricity, even his cells.

Plus, he can absorb electric attacks.

Ira, who can also manipulate electricity, tried to manipulate Bolt's Electricity to stop him from moving before. All Bolt did was scratch his head in confusion.

So it's pretty clear that yet again, Ethan is going to simply use sheer force and the environment to get the win again. His elements may not work, but something like an ice sword would be effective, after all, its still a sword

Actually, while he resists ice and air attacks, Bolt says his his electric attacks are almost ineffective on ice, air, or earth powers, so an ice sword might work.

the point was that a sword can still deal damage because of its physical presence no matter the nature of it, but yeah, that makes sense

this also means that he cannot use electricity to defend against such attacks, and must resort to energy draining time powers instead

Well, this looks winnable, I just need to put the pieces together, which Ethan can do on the dot unlike me and actually make it work

(Really, only possible with Prior Knowledge, if not, a stomp)

Smashtwig said:
Well, this looks winnable, I just need to put the pieces together, which Ethan can do on the dot unlike me and actually make it work

(Really, only possible with Prior Knowledge, if not, a stomp)
Ok.

Here I go. Certain Ethan can pull it off if everything can go smoothly.

Defensively, Ethan can only be defeated by basically Chrono Slash/Time Warp+Time Stop. So defensively, all he has to do is get underground (Bolt's first move is electrical attacks, not Time Stop, if it is, stomp). He needs to he 20 Meters and more underground to make sure he isn't hit by the Warp, and keep moving no matter what to avoid being hit by Chrono Slash. However, he would now have to make many underground clones to divert attention. Bolt would have to clone himself many times over, time stop and then Chrono Slash ALL of them to be certain he gets Ethan. And even one Chrono+Time Stop costs a lot, he would be smart enough to really, not use it at all in the first place as that just consumes too much juice that if he misses, he's in big trouble in terms of fighting against Ethan's offense. Along with that, clones or even the real deal can be flying upward while there are Ethans crawling underground

Ethan's offense would consist of plenty Wind/Ice/Earth clones which would be fighting Bolt head on, not just getting the upperhand through AP, but also because Bolt's Lightning is ineffective against them, he would have to use Time abilities for defense, which cost energy, meaning that he won't have enough to attack either. Eventually, Ethan's clones will put in the work to get a win.

So what is their stamina like? Does Bolt absorb the ground to recover stamina, too?

If so, this seems inconclusive. Ethan's ability to just sit underground while Bolt has no way of reaching him is too strong, but an entire minute of time stop + 15 clones of his own means Ethan will have basically zero chance of touching or killing Bolt, since Bolt's defense and offense are way too strong.

One could argue Bolt could amp himself to such a level where he could overwhelm the ground's durability, but I doubt Bolt has feats high enough to surpass the ground's feats. So that's moot.

Effectively, it comes down to stamina. If Ethan gets tired first, Bolt can begin to try and find him eventually. If Bolt gets tired first, he gets turned into an elemental chicken wing.

Aand Bolt managed to train for an entire week nonstop, while Ethan can train intensely for a month.

If Bolt's "nonstop" is literal and means he never took a break, fhen it's inconclusive (Though resting is actually very vital to exercise. Just pointing that out.)

Normally, you can't assume a character never took a break during training, so I suppose it depends on what Komodo meant.

Yeah, Bolt didn't take a break from training for a week. Heck, Damus himself walked across a desert without food or water for 2 weeks, and the Planeteers basically had a 3 month time skip that was mostly training.

2099: Zenith has a lot of absurd stamina feats to be honest.

Seems inconclusive, then. I'll vote Incon as their stamina feats are similar.

Energized Environment works in scale to the participants, no matter how much Bolt amplifies himself, he will not be able to break through it. The idea is that the environment will always be as tough as the environment to a human as it is to any superhuman

Basically

• Normal building falls onto human = human dies
  • Normal building falls onto Energized Human (aka, superhuman, Bolt, Ethan, whoever above 8-C or something) = human lives
  • Energized building falls onto Energized Human = Exactly how scenario one goes, human dies
Or in this case

• Normal human punches ground = ground chillin
  • Energized human punches ground = ground breaks
  • Energized human punches Energized Ground = ground chillin
Ethan can indeed win, but only assuming he has prior knowledge, and if yknow, Bolt actually takes up a ton of sauce to use his time stuff. He can create more than 15 clones, just that 10 is his standard without any effort

(the fact that Ethan even has a plan to attempt to win in the first place is already impressive... but this match is already grace anyway lol)

I am aware, though there is the NLF clause in place - for example, just because it can be more durable than ORW characters doesn't mean it'll stop a Tier 2.

I just highly doubt Bolt is strong enough to break the ground, given your description. So I agree with you.

Overall, incon. Clones match blow for blow, except Ethan's die more easily. But Ethan is also psuedo-invulnerable via being 100 feet under with a bag of Cheetos waiting for Bolt to die.

Bet.

There is limits to Energized Enviornment, Tier 2 will always be enough to take it down

~~also doesn't Ethan and therefore his clones have more AP~~

Bolt has durability negation and a motherforking minute long time stop, so rip Ethan clones.

But Bolt has a 0% of killing Ethan anytime soon.

So Bolt's defense is too absurd for Ethan to really beat, but Ethan is fine and dandy to have his Doritos Locos Tacos since Bolt can't hurt him.

Back