• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ethan Xavier vs Bolt Arriaga

my guy I didn't say "yes" yet

Alright, it's Time Stop spam and Chrono Slash oneshot right? Might be a stomp, will have to ask questions later

Smashtwig said:
my guy I didn't say "yes" yet

Alright, it's Time Stop spam and Chrono Slash oneshot right? Might be a stomp, will have to ask questions later
Ok, and Sorry.

Well, at first he was very Bloodlusted due to rage (like the time he killed a random thug for poking him in his chest), but due to the time he spent with the planeteers, he has calmed down a bit.

Well, he starts off with his Electrical Attacks First, which you basically explained that Ethan is almost immune to.

Uh, yes, he can actually. At what point does he do time stuff, and if he does, does he immediately go for the Dura Negate?

So basically, yes. Bolt isn't like Damus it seems, so he'll just go right for the kill. I want to say stomp, but-

Does he have that 6-C Dura?

Hm, its possible, but I still thinking it's a stomp. Bolt isn't like Damus and will go straight for the W, so.... Yeah stomp

Time Stop lasts for a minute right? The only way I can see Ethan winning/putting up a fight is with prior knowledge, are you going to allow that?

Also, what are his Genshi powers?

Instinctive Reaction, Void Manipulation, Telekinesis, Willpower Manipulation, Light Manipulation, and Space-Time Manipulation.

Prior Knowledge as in, he is allowed it by the rules... It just means that Ethan gets a handicap

And Void Manip huh, how does he is it?

Via the Black Matter Bolt Attack which can use used at Close Range and Long Range. But, it has a 45% percent chance of paralyzing him, which he uses as a last resort.

Okay.

I could make this an actual fight but- Ethan will have to have prior knowledge. Are you going to allow that (if you do, just edit your first message to say he gets prior knowledge)? If not, I'm sure this is a stomp

Smashtwig said:
Okay.
I could make this an actual fight but- Ethan will have to have prior knowledge. Are you going to allow that (if you do, just edit your first message to say he gets prior knowledge)? If not, I'm sure this is a stomp
Yes.

Well, here's Ethan first move, probably- he begins with Subterra Strike, burrowing underground and leaving a puff of dust at the surface, leaving a clone behind, which would start running away while another clone pops from the ground behind Bolt to deal out some damage with one of his heavier moves, such as Ultimate Burning, the real Ethan in the mean time would start digging away at high speeds towards a different direction from his clone. To Bolt, all he would see is Ethan punching the ground, and when the dust clears, him running, meanwhile, he will be sneak attacked by another clone behind him. This gives Ethan a really good head start, not only does Ethan have a free get away, but Bolt will have to defeat his clone first before having to chase his other clone, which would lead him into traps just like how Ethan would fight against Jay Grimoire, giving the real Ethan even more distance.

How is Bolt gonna figure out how to attack Ethan with Time Stop, or anything at all while he's underground? He could electrocute the ground (which is Energized, btw) due to it's conductive nature, but Ethan is kinda immune, meanwhile, Ethan can continuously harass with Clones. If he had a way to pull Ethan out of the ground, like through Earth Manipulation, which I'm sure he doesn't have, maybe. But even if he did, or had some other means to attack, like via shockwaves or earthquakes, he would have to find a constantly moving Ethan first.

Bolt is Heavily resistant to Fire, and can think and numerous plans in seconds. Plus, as soon as he makes a Clone, he would use Time Stop. Also, Bolt can felt the Small vibrations in the Earth via the Earth's Magnetic Field. Also, if he thinks Ethan Punching the Ground, he would also be thinking that he's trying to attack from down below and would jump to a higher place like a tree.

He can absorb the energy of the ground, increasing his power and making it easier to attack underground.

Also, Bolt can create Temporal Clones of himself, and he can phase through some of Ethan's attacks via exiting time temporarily.

Should ask if he can continually spam Chorno OHKO Slash (and what it's range is, is it just on his sword?) and Time Stop before I continue, if this somehow isn't a stomp and I manage to actually find a scenario where Ethan certainly wins (almost have an idea)

(If I recall, Time Stop only lasts for minutes right? On the other thread you said it can last as long as his life force isn't depleted from it, but on the page it says minutes)

1. It has a range of a few kilometers

2. It last a minute normally, but can increase if he uses his life force.

3. He might only spam if Ethan gets too close.

Depends on how much enegy he has, and he can use Chrono Slash with Time Stop (Though it takes massive amounts of Energy.)

So, since Bolt is respectably smart, he's likely to... Not use that combination ever especially with clones, like using Void Bolt

Uh... still thinking this may be a stomp but- I'm gonna see if I can pull something out of my butt and try and make the best argument I can for it.

First off, Energized Environment always scales to the beings involved in the fight. So no matter how much Bolt absorbs / erases the Energy, it's always going to be incredibly more durable compared to what he can output. Speaking of Erasing, Energy is pretty much Omnipresent, if Bolt absorbs/erases the smallest amount of Energy, there is always Energy to replace it as it is being erased. Jay Grim wouldn't be able to do this either with his absorption abilities either, and the environment only wasn't a problem because, well his Regenerationn covered it.

He could try and Chorno Slash straight through it, but Ethan is always going to be on the move, so that's not going to happen easily, he would have to stop time and do it, which, as you said, takes up massive amounts of Energy. And what happens when Ethan makes clones out of it? Which one is he going to hit? Yes, he could make himself clones, but combined with Time Stop and each of them performing a Chrono Slash? I doubt he can pull it off WHILE being continuously being attacked by on surface clones. I am aware that he can exit time to evade attacks, but he can't do that forever either, and it probably takes up energy to do too, with the AP difference, taking attacks by a TON of clones means lotsa damage (remember, I said at least 10 Clones, if that wasn't already enough). Ethan would know these facts by, yknow, prior knowledge, which is really the only thing that gives him a chance here.

Oh, ok. What about Bolt's age Manipulation or sending Ethan out of time and Space by severing his personal time from the universes?

Age Manipulation comes from projectiles right? No problem if he's underground.

As for the second one, if this was Essentia: Unchained, it wouldn't be all too bad, but... yeah Ethan gets stomped by it unless I know the details, and if Bolt uses it in character (much like how he wouldn't use Void, or ChronoSlash+TStop often). Can he just, snap his fingers and do it or does he need to say, touch him or target him at the least? How much energy does it cost?

Keep in mind he has to do all of this while dealing with too many attacks coming from everywhere

Smashtwig said:
Age Manipulation comes from projectiles right? No problem if he's underground.

As for the second one, if this was Essentia: Unchained, it wouldn't be all too bad, but... yeah Ethan gets stomped by it unless I know the details, and if Bolt uses it in character (much like how he wouldn't use Void, or ChronoSlash+TStop often). Can he just, snap his fingers and do it or does he need to say, touch him or target him at the least? How much energy does it cost?

Keep in mind he has to do all of this while dealing with too many attacks coming from everywhere
Actually, he has multiple ways sending Ethan out of time (Touching, Aura, energy blasts, AOE, etc.) It doesn't take that much energy unless he uses AOE, and even then only some of his energy is gone.

Back