• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about the future of our forums (Staff only)

We can't coordinate hundreds of ongoing different discussion threads via Discord, nor can we archive them for overview.

@Antvasima

It is a one-time cost and it comes with 12 months of support and update. To buy another 1 year extension (After the previous one expires) you'd have to pay 55$.

So, the head admin of LV is going to be busy with IRL stuff until tonight, so he won't be able to help until then. However, he told me that he is going to make a FANDOM account, so he can speak with you directly from there.

@Starter Pack

Okay. Thank you very much for the help.

@ZackMoon

My friend will pay for it with help from donations.

We can't be the only ones affected by this tho. Are the other wikis not doing anything about it?

@Skalt711

How does it work if we pay for some extra features from the list for the first year? How much would the renewal cost be then?

It really is no trouble, Ant. I care about this community, as I'm sure everyone here does, and I want to do my part in ensuring it stays afloat, regardless of whatever platform it happens to be on, since I know I cannot help here financially.

@Spinoirr

We will not demand payment from members to participate, just ask for donations from those who can afford to help out.

@AKM

Other communities mostly do not use the forums to anywhere near our degree, but I assume that there are plenty who are negatively affected as well, but are unable to do anything about it.

@Antvasima

I suppose that the extra features' cost will be added to the license's cost. There would be additional 15$ to the extension cost if XenForo Media Gallery is included, add. 15$ if XenForo Resource Manager is included, and add. 10$ if XenForo Enhanced Search is included.

Okay. Thank you for the information.

Can somebody investigate vbulletin as well?

It does not appear that vbulletin has an invite based system.

It's primary features are

• Discussion Forum
  • Groups
  • Polls
  • Blog
It's message system features an AJAX-based chat functionality, Can contain richtext, images, emoticons and attachments. It also allows Multiple chat participants and Multiple chat windows. Thread tools include: Thread and forum subscription (notification by email optional) Admin tools: edit, delete, move, lock, make sticky, etc. Email page to friend option

Some more info on the Posts system:

Supports BB Code in posts Supports HTML in post Smilies Avatars WYSIWYG or standard editors for posts and Private Messages Attachment images (.gif, .jpg., etc.) stored on filesystem (optional, via Admin CP) Preview post option Polls Post Reporting - report posts to moderators User post count Admin tools: edit, delete, move, etc. Preview-safe Attachments

In general, it seems a lot like our current forums.

Okay. Thank you for the information.

Regarding Xenforo, is it possible to require email registration, and not allow multiple accounts for the same email address?

Is it also possible to ban people who register under false usernames/can not verify who they are via the wiki, and then let the real members register with the same (previously banned) usernames?

I do not think that this option is workable, but it is still good to know.

@Ant I am on Sufficent velocity and space battles and iirc creating an account required an email address. Not sure about 1 for multiple accounts..but I doubt it.

You can definitely ban people, in fact in space battles they have a warning points system.

Not sure about letting people use banned people's names.

Well, the key issue is that we desperately need closed registrations via invitation links. Otherwise Xenforo seems virtually perfect for our purposes.

Okay. Thanks for the information.

Is registration via invite only a possible setting?

Also, we are not looking to move the entire wiki, and this is not realistically feasible anyway. We only want a new external discussion forum.

It is probably too old, but thanks anyway.

Wikidot is what the SCP Foundation runs on, and yes, Private Wikis (ie. only those invited by website administrators can join) are a supported model there.

It's unclear, as of now. Blog posts use the same structural format as normal Wikia articles, so if those don't get affected, it's unlikely that blogs will. If they do get affected, however, it's almost certain that blogs are also gonna be.

@Kepekley23

Thank you for the information.

How well would a Wikidot forum match our other requirements detailed in my first post in this thread?

Back