• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everything Everywhere All at Once: Evelyn Wang CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality warping sometimes does not translate to the destructive capability, especially when their physical strength are far lower than Multiverse level or such feat is done with special situation. (e.g. Doraemon's Universe level+) Maybe Multiverse level with reality warping is somewhat suitable.
Yeah, the only way the character would be in the multiverse range is thru her reality warping. My main contender for her upscale is that she is said to be on the same level as Jobu Tupaki, who somehow concentrated everything from the multiverse into a bagel until it collapsed in on itself and become a black hole.

I would agree that these are environmental destruction feats, unfortunately. It does not seem to imply that Evelyn could, for example, hit someone with 2-A potency via reality warping. She could affect 2-A structures, though.

I would agree that these are environmental destruction feats, unfortunately. It does not seem to imply that Evelyn could, for example, hit someone with 2-A potency via reality warping. She could affect 2-A structures, though.
Could you go into more detail about this?

The feats, from what I can gather, imply a distinct tie to the environment rather than the ability to focus that 2-A potency into, say, an attack against a 2-A guy.
Okay, that seems fine then. Thank you to you and Mariogoods for helping out here.

Wow this is an awesome CRT, I had no idea Evelyn even had a profile on here but I'm also very surprised that Juju Tupaki doesn't have one either. Apart from that agree fer sure.
Thank you, and agreed! The movie is really abstract so I think it makes Evelyn's profile really hard to gauge. I can only imagine what Juju Tabootie's would be like...

I have heard from a usually sensible critic that this movie is a masterpiece in terms of craftsmanship and acting, but haven't had the time to watch it, and a friend of mine found it to be too messy.
in all honestly it is a masterpiece,

it has craftmanship, acting, great fights, great sense of humor, and the subject the multiverse wich is not something that many persons uses, is done very well

i swear this movie can make you laugh, cry, and think about your choices

10/10

Thank you for the input, everybody. So, before anybody revises the page...what would it look like?
For AP, I'd phrase it as "Unknown (is never seen going all-out at her full potential and never focuses on causing destruction. In addition, there are uncountably infinite versions of Evelyn throughout the multiverse that exist in infinite variety of forms, not just human or animal or organic or even 3-dimensional, and Evelyn can take aspects and abilities from any version of herself that she can clearly comprehend. Thus, there's an infinite amount of unknowns that make her practically impossible to definitively tier)

For AP, I'd phrase it as "Unknown (is never seen going all-out at her full potential and never focuses on causing destruction. In addition, there are uncountably infinite versions of Evelyn throughout the multiverse that exist in infinite variety of forms, not just human or animal or organic or even 3-dimensional, and Evelyn can take aspects and abilities from any version of herself that she can clearly comprehend. Thus, there's an infinite amount of unknowns that make her practically impossible to definitively tier)
I really like this idea. What about the whole "environmental destruction" thing? Would that still factor into her profile at all?

I'm still of my old opinion- what was shown before is environmental destruction and not directly AP. I don't know what Sheev is talking about as, and I will reiterate, I have not seen this movie. Can only work with what's shown.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

What Bambu decided can probably be applied then.

I think we should get the opinion of an admin who has seen the movie (if such a person exists) before we make any changes. I appreciate everyone's input, but this is such a hard character to accurately asses the abilities of without knowing the full context.

I think we should get the opinion of an admin who has seen the movie (if such a person exists) before we make any changes. I appreciate everyone's input, but this is such a hard character to accurately asses the abilities of without knowing the full context.
Extremely fair request. No idea how you'd parse which admins have/have not seen it, but by all means, try.

Well, I think that it is likely unrealistic to continue to bump this thread without doing anything until staff members who have watched the movie in question show up.

Well, I think that it is likely unrealistic to continue to bump this thread without doing anything until staff members who have watched the movie in question show up.
Idk, would it be allowed for me to make a thread somewhere asking who has and hasn’t seen it? If not, we can continue the discussion like we have been

Idk, would it be allowed for me to make a thread somewhere asking who has and hasn’t seen it? If not, we can continue the discussion like we have been
I suppose that creating such a thread in our general or fun and games forum seems fine.

Okay, and have you had any luck with attracting members who have seen this movie to your other thread yet? If not, can you link to it please? Perhaps it needs a more informative title?

It unfortunately doesn't seem like you will succeed with attracting any attention there, but if you write a post that properly explains everything that needs to be evaluated here, I can ask a few staff members for help with this.

It unfortunately doesn't seem like you will succeed with attracting any attention there, but if you write a post that properly explains everything that needs to be evaluated here, I can ask a few staff members for help with this.
I appreciate the support, Ant. By "here," you mean the CRT forums?

I meant this thread that we are talking in currently.

Hello, everybody. There is a movie called Everything Everywhere All at Once, and it features two characters with very abstract sets of abilities, including inter dimensional travel and reality warping (which have now become the main focus of this thread). We want to properly power scale these characters, but it is difficult to do so as only a small number of users have seen the film and know the full context of the feats. There are several links listed in the CRT above that showcase all of the feats from the film. Some users have said that the reality warping feats are too casual to make a proper assessment, and others have said that the feats do not appear to be combat applicable. We would greatly benefit from getting more users involved in this discussion, preferably ones familiar with the film, so that we can hear more opinions before proceeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back