• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Even more Castlevania revisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
Thankfully this is going to be more simple and straightforward than the past thread.

Simon Belmont´s profile picture
Anyways, shouldn´t we be using the picture that´s the most faithfull to the NES Castlevania for Simon Belmont´s picture (as Matt´s blog explicitly says the NES one is more cano)? I really suggest the Smash Bros Ultimate render, as it is of high quality, and lets be honest, it looks arguably better; otherwise they could just be added in tabber to the main page.

(Solved, Ant already took care)

Minor revision for Soma´s Sound resistance and addition of the Petrification, Darkness, Electricity and Poison Manip resistance
Lastly, for Soma, this is mostly a minor resistance revision:

Why he has resistance to sound manipulation? It all comes down to the resistance to death and madness manip from the way such thing is influenced, but I really don´t think he also resists sound manipulation by itself, especially considering the Mandragora scream actually does quite a lot of damage to him if hitted by it.

As for the Petrification resistance, there are Medusa enemies (which petrification he is capable of just breaking over), and there´s also a soul that while equipped prevents him from being petrified in the first place.

For the Darkness, Electricity and Poison Manip resistance part, Soma has some souls that also allow him to resist damage from the first two, and a "immunity" to the last one.

Damage Boost via Luck
Self explanatory Should apply to all the playable cast with the "luck" stat.

Soma´s Regenerationn specificatio
It has been agreed on to specify the value of this power he already has to just "At least Low-Mid", as he can also heal from injuries, but the degree of this power should at least be of that degree.

Other
Sleep hax for Hector

Resistance to sleep hax to the cast

Intangibillity for Hector

Life force Absorbtion for Hector

Vibration hax for Hector

Hellfire hax for Hector

Slight intelligence bump for Hector through familiars

Resistance to Memory hax for the cast

Resistance to Body puppetry and Paralysis for the cast

Sleep hax, Paralysis, Body puppetry, invisibillity for Drac and resistance for him as well

Healing/Stat boost for Richter through Maria

Ressurection for Alucard (through familiars)

Damage reduction for Hector

The barbarian look with blonde hair is the canon depiction of Simon Belmont, i'd advise either taking his Grimoire of Souls or Smash Ultimate renders. As for the Mandragora, its entire gimmick is that it attacks by his scream i.e sound which itself has negative effects like causing madness or instant death, though i'm no expert in what counts on Sound Manip

Well, Sound Manip is how it´s propagated, as it´s clearly how it propagates.

Yes, he resists the side effects from the noise itself, but that doesn´t grant him resistance to sound attacks without said side effect to begin with by itself.

Maybe I should call Matt? Eh, I´ll go ahead.

Can you open the profile or something in that case (Probably also Richter Belmont´s, so the picture is updated with the Ultimate render)?

And there´s also the thing of Soma´s resistance, by the way.

What would the tabbers say in Simon´s profile, by the way?

And I guess the resistance to sound stays in that case?

Dante Demon Killah said:
I guess everything seems fine
I never liked Simon barberian look, the gothic look is much better
At most we can just separate it in tabbers.

It is also to be noted, that as the blonde hair one is also "more" canon, meaning that it obviously also gets more priority.

Kinda offtopic, but what's the consensus about more profiles or atleast ones on bosses/recurring characters? Mainly speaking about Olrox, Legion and Doppelganger.

I also prefer the current Simon. And I don't see why you shouldn't make profiles for those characters, as long as they are good of course.

Apparently Matt is quite occupated right now, so we likely should wait for another staff to evaluate this, he can just make another CRT is something weird happens, then again.

I agree with the sound, but I'm pretty sure we treat crits as game mechanics. But if not other verses would need that ability added, and this would give Juste and Alucard, from Symphony of the Night, Damage Boost as well, from the top of my head.

I mean, some Pokémon have recently got Damage Boost from easy critical hits in particular, so I think it should be fine.

Which characters get the Damage Boost, however? As I´m sure that mechanic only affects the playable cast, respectivelly.

Definitely Alucard and Juste, though speaking In-Universe the rest of the protagonists should get it too, since a critical hit should just be a very damaging and lucky strike

Though that can be easily dismissed if you just take into account that the game mechanic never existed in those games

Well, I think only those that were in the games with such mechanic should get it.

For example, the games Soma is in have the luck mechanic, so he would also get it, meaning that Julius and Yoko also get it.

The only ones that I can remember from the top of my head are Juste and Alucard, but if I'm not mistaken Leon should have it as well.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Luck is okay, resistance okay and canon pics should be used in case someone makes a Smash Bros profile.
Weren´t Smash Bros. profiles other than Kirby denied?

Hey so i thought about it a bit, but shouldn't the titular castle itself get a profile? It's technically a living entity too and is a spirit world.

You may go ahead, but I´m sure there´s more that one castle, so you should separate them in keys or something.

Well it's a location so i highly doubt it can attack, we still have trouble giving fodder demons and some bosses AP ratings still

They should just get the standard "At least 4-A, possibly Low 2-C" rating via scaling to the main cast, at least most of them.

I think its clear that bosses should be somewhat comparable to the Belmonts, though we shouldn't make Skeletons or Bats solar system/universe busters for obvious reasons

Anyways, it appears that the main thing in the OP has been accepted, considering Matt is occupated, I think the best is to contact another staff to open the profiles.

Profiles that need to be unlocked:

Soma Cruz (Removal of resistance to Sound Manip)

Simon Belmont (Profile image update to the Smash Ultimate Render)

Richter Belmont (Profile image update to the Smash Ultimate Render)

By the way anyone may change the picture of Simon in the verse page for what has been agreed on, aka, the Smash Ultimate Render:

Super smash bros ultimate simon render

Agree, so i think Abbadon and Zephyr should be comparable to the cast i.e "Atleast 4-A, possibly Low 2-C" like you said. Though we could also use more bosses, like i mentioned earlier Olrox, Legion, Doppelganger who all should be the same and maybe some relevant support characters like Yoko

No one minds more profiles, in fact, I actually like the idea and I can likely help in something regarding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back