• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Alakabamm

VS Battles
Retired
EscanorApology
Lord Escanor

AinzMomonga
Guildmaster Ainz

R1: No knowledge of each other, bloodlusted, starts at sunrise (6 AM).
R2: Let's make this a one a bit interesting. Ainz gets a day's prep at Nazarick. Escanor gets infinite sun at 8 AM (approximate time of Galan stomp).

r1: bloodlusted 6c mhs+ 2k escanor blitzes and obliterates ainz if his profile is accurate with only hypersonic speed (i have rumours abour novel ainz being FTL tho)

r2: i have seen ainz with prep and nothing really much changed featwise for escanor so my vote is on ainz in this round

Bump. Ainz has lots of hax but the application isn't that great really from what I saw in Overlord anime. Is it because he held back too much? I would go with Escanor since he's much faster and has better AP. Ainz can be overwhelmed by light attacks

Faisal Shourov said:
Bump. Ainz has lots of hax but the application isn't that great really from what I saw in Overlord. Or maybe he holds back too much? I would go with Escanor since he's more effective I guess
It's probably from the novels or manga

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Bump. Ainz has lots of hax but the application isn't that great really from what I saw in Overlord. Or maybe he holds back too much? I would go with Escanor since he's more effective I guess
It's probably from the novels or manga
I see. I haven't read the manga, and I don't read light novels. Have you read the manga or LN of Overlord?

Nope but the same thing happened in mondaiji they were fodder in the anime and they became ridiculously op in the novels

@Faisal I have read the novels, and Ainz just holds back too much. His main goal is protect Nazarick, and overkilling everything he comes across with his best spells would be a really poor way to do that.

@Faisal, there are a lot of OP mechanics to Ainz attacks + he gets time stop in LN 9 so there's that. He doesn't typically go for that type of move first, though.

I'm just trying to showcase what each of these characters can do, really.

@Notevenhuman and @Alakabamm

I wish I could be of more help, but since I haven't read the LN I might be underestimating Ainz. However his speed is still very low. Is the profile updated btw?

Y'know, it used to be FTL but I downgraded it because it just wasn't well supported even though I am an Overlord fan. I've been having trouble finding anything above high hypersonic for their speed as well and even then the calcs I have looked at are iffy.

Yeah, Ainz's profile is up to date. Just wondering, but i'm pretty sure that Fallen Down was stated to be a Over Rank magic. Why is it under special skills?

Alakabamm said:
Y'know, it used to be FTL but I downgraded it because it just wasn't well supported even though I am an Overlord fan. I've been having trouble finding anything above high hypersonic for their speed as well and even then the calcs I have looked at are iffy.
Well, i made a thread about Shalltear being stated to attack at the speed of light, but it just kinda died over time. Maybe i should bump that?

Yea, it's marked as "normal spells" for some reason. I suppose they are considering it like that because Creation doesn't have a cooldown, right? Just a number of uses per day.

Anyways, start a thread on the revision board if you want to talk about this some more, this thread is getting kind of derailed.

Yeah, back on topic. I don't know much about Escanor except for what his page says, and i don't know if he's already MHS+ at 6 AM, but if he is, he should be able to blitz before Ainz stops time or uses an AoE insta kill like Cry of the Banshee. That would depend on the starting distance.

No idea about round 2. Ainz with prep can be very scary.

Ainz stomps both rounds. Timestop spell and Instant Death spells. He has both.

Also, the Light Novel is very explicit and the feat for Shalltear is FTL and so is Ainz.

Where in the Novel has it stated that Shalltear attacks at the speed of light? I've read them all, multiple times, and i've never read that feat. But knowing me, there is a chance I missed that.

It's stated to kill them before the light from the blade hits their eyes, look up the post about it.

Also, Mods, with Timestop and Instant Death magic that he can use in timestop, This may just be a stomp thread.

AzathothHP said:
Where in the Novel has it stated that Shalltear attacks at the speed of light? I've read them all, multiple times, and i've never read that feat. But knowing me, there is a chance I missed that.
She caught a light-speed slash with two fingers casually. Now whether it was light speed or not is debated (the phrase was repeated three times in a row). I personally think it is due to the repetition of that statement, but others don't because of a lack of evidence later on in the series.

Either way, Ainz time stops plus insta kills Escanor.

Reread it, it's really badly translated though. "The katana exploded from its sheath and cut through the air towards Shalltear's bare neck. The speed was like a flash of lightning. So fast that by the time the light entered your vision, your head would already be falling to the ground. Millions of repetitions had finally resulted in a speed that entered the realm of gods." It literally makes no sense, considering the attack would have been way faster than a flash of lightning, if your head was falling to the ground before you even saw the flash. So if you take what it says, then it's definitely a FTL+ attack, but it's still a comparison. I just don't see that, especially when you read how weak Brain actually is in the novel.

@AzathothHP Brain being FTL was the most obvious hyperbole ever. Shalltear was stated to attack at the speed of light in her fight with Ainz. Here it is:

"An opening!"

' With his sword restrained, Ainz had no way to avoid the Spuit Lance.''

'Shalltear, who was about to swing her Spuit Lance with the speed of light, saw a surprising scene.

NotEvenHuman said:
@AzathothHP Brain being FTL was the most obvious hyperbole ever. Shalltear was stated to attack at the speed of light in her fight with Ainz. Here it is:

"An opening!"

'

With his sword restrained, Ainz had no way to avoid the Spuit Lance.''

'Shalltear, who was about to swing her Spuit Lance with the speed of light, saw a surprising scene.
Though I do not disagree, i've said it before that it will be best for us to wait for the official release, as the translations will be much more accurate, as I think you can agree there are many mistakes that could hinder, even slightly, the actual story and character development.

Shalltear I can see, and like you said is stated to be able to attack at the speed of light with some attacks, but people assuming Brain could also just makes my head explode :)

@AzathothHP "official release" and "accurate translations" are usually not expressions that go together when the one translating is YenPress. Skythewood's translation was actually pretty good imo. Also, YenPress is slow as hell, so the official release for Overlord Vol. 3 is going to take ages.

R1: Ainz' combo of Time stop plus True Death would easily kill Escanor without him even realizing what happened(reference : Overlord vol.9)

R2:The fact that you even gave Ainz a preparation time it would end instantly without Ainz showing at all and killing Escanor instantly (Ainz specializes in Death which means instant kill rather than flashy spells)

R1 goes to Escanor he's simpally too powerful and fast for Ainz and his magic state is likely high giving him a level of resistance for Ainz's weaker spells and he is weak to light attacks which Escanor casually radiats in spades so even if it doesn't damage him it will hamper him in the long run.

R2 it depends if he has knowledg on escanor if he did then yes he'll win but if he doesn't then all of the preperation time can be usless unless he anticapates the level of strength Escanor has which is unlikely since he's too cautious to assume that. this is a tough one while Ainz is a master stratigist when given the time Escanor is just oo damn physically strong and his Power is effective towards Ainz.

I'll say it'll go either way with Ainz his stratigies and tactics and Escanor with his highspeeds and titanic strength. Personally I go with Escanor but thats just personal opinion no need to worry about it.

JBennett said:
R1 goes to Escanor he's simpally too powerful and fast for Ainz and his magic state is likely high giving him a level of resistance for Ainz's weaker spells and he is weak to light attacks which Escanor casually radiats in spades so even if it doesn't damage him it will hamper him in the long run.
R2 it depends if he has knowledg on escanor if he did then yes he'll win but if he doesn't then all of the preperation time can be usless unless he anticapates the level of strength Escanor has which is unlikely since he's too cautious to assume that. this is a tough one while Ainz is a master stratigist when given the time Escanor is just oo damn physically strong and his Power is effective towards Ainz.

I'll say it'll go either way with Ainz his stratigies and tactics and Escanor with his highspeeds and titanic strength. Personally I go with Escanor but thats just personal opinion no need to worry about it.
Certainly Escanor can damage Ainz with light attacks but it won't be one hit kill and requires alot of punishment before he goes down while on the other hand Ainz can just simply utter the two word Time stop( Toki o Tomare) fastly to stop the time and Cast true death killing anyone and prevents resurrection

HalfAsianFan said:
@Omni-everything Yeah but, especially in round 1, Escanor can attack Ainz before he gets to stop time.
Ainz isn't stupid he would ofcourse put barrier on himself and plus that robe of his have high defense and most likely have a passive barrier to deflect attacks so even if Escanor might reach one attack it would be mitigated by Ainz defense then Ainz would finish the battle swiftly with Time Stop then inputting the spell TRUE DEATH so that after the Time Stop is cancelled Escanor would simply die without being able to revive even if he was ressurected by someone else

Round 1: Escanor high diff. Round 2: Ainz stomps.

Round 1. Esacanor greatly counters Ainz (weak to fire and light, plus everyone knows a caster can't beat a fighter up close), using Ainz's current profile he gets blitzed. High diff cause if Ainz could activate a Grasp Heart, then GG. Or a Cry of the Banshee for safer option. Also anyone in his aura range or anyone who makes contact with him or his spells or attack has a CHANCE to get instantly killed. He also probably has a resurrection item since it's been said that all high level players carry resurrection items. Escanor could definitely kill him once, but twice?

Round 2. Ainz+prep time=unbeatable. All 700 of his spells has a chance to cause instant death. He has a Reality Slash. Dozens of buff spells. World items. Cash Items. It doesn't matter how strong Escanor is, most of Ainz skills ignore conventional durability. Ainz may not be a god of strength but he is the god of death. Ainz can kill Escanor.

Back