• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza being 6-C, Clear Heart Clothing and Flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a lurker here for a long time, thought I'd join because I saw this. How exactly is she 6-C? Her fight with Irene was PIS, and she had several asspulls and lots of things conveniently going her way. Irene purposefully letting herself get injured, swapping to Wendy then being forced out which drained a lot of her energy. Before all of that Wendy and Erza could not even scratch Irene and she was playing around with them. Erza was buffed by Wendy and trying her hardest. Irene made a flower pattern with Erza's swords and didn't take either seriously. Biggest outlier was when she launched herself and somehow slashed a meteorite with broken bones. Not to mention Wendy conveniently waking up to enchant Erza's sword with DS magic, which had never been brought up as being possible (Would've helped during the GMG's when the Dragons attacked.) So I don't see how she could be 6-C without plot armor. If there is a reason I'd like to know just to satisfy my curiosity. As she has never displayed this power outside of PIS and/or for plot.
As for her Clear Heart Clothing it does not give her any extra strength at all, she merely swaps from focusing on defense to switch to all out attacking. "Erza has described this outfit as just normal clothes without any special properties. As her armors represented the walls around her heart, donning these clothes represented Erza opening her heart and breaking down the walls she'd built up to protect herself. While in this outfit, she discards defense, instead focusing primarily on offense." That's from the wikia and you can find the info in chapter 91, pages 15-20. If anything I think people confuse this outfit with her Demon Blade that grants her a similar ability, and even then it only allows for one strike as it uses up all her energy in doing so.

As for the Black Wing Armor that grants her flight, it does not actually grant her true flight but short flight over limited distances. "While equipped, this armor grants the user the ability to fly around for short distances." This can be found in chapter 60, pg. 9

It's written limited flight for a reason.

Discarding all defence and focusing on attack is quite literraly why that is her most powerful offensive "armor". And it's actually not the armor but her blades in which she infuses her magic for attack and since she doesn't need to use magic for anything else like armor her attacks are logically more powerful.

You can keep calling it pis as much as you wish but we have proved that feelings in FT = power. Literally stated numerous times through out the series. Erza destroying the meteor is fine simple because she was boosted due to her emotional state in that moment. Example, base Sting one shotting his master after his cat was apparently killed by the master of the guild even tho his master is even more powerful than Natsu who reckt DF Sting and Rougue together. Minerva there says it's due to Sting's feelings that his power increased so much and we treat the same for Erza. (I have ton of examples of this).

The examples of Erza and Wendy vs Irene are false since Erza did a decent cut on Irene after she got a free hit and was boosted by Wendy. That said Erza in that case wasn't even using her most powerful offensive armor but a random base armor which has much lower AP.

If you wanna know more just look at thread were this was discussed as i unfortunately do not have time for this.

Erza's demon blade draining all of her magic is your head canon absolutely never stated or showed in the series.

Wendy not having the ability to enchant DS magic into a sword over a freakin year ago doesn't make it pis now since she trained massively and even obtained DF.

It is plot induced stupidity. You can't use that for real, I mean we don't say Vegeta's Big bang attack was actually a big bang nor was his final flash the final flash. It's just an in universe reason. It makes no logical sense for her to just boost herself up in the air with everything broken and manage to break a meteor. It's an outlier, why is Erza the only one who has this might as well upgrade all of FT's cast to 6-C and beyond because of their emotions.

Uh no it just means she just focuses on attack it doesn't boost her attack, it gives her no special abilities or enhanced strength. In fact it makes her weaker because she's open to attacks. Yes it does give her attacks more power but for just one swing. This was shown in her fight with Azuma.

So her emotional state makes her ignore broken bones, her emotions also allow her to not swing wildly since she couldn't control herself and would be to limp to actually slice the meteor. See that doesn't make anysense at all. It's PIS just like the Jupiter canon, her fight with Minerva and Kagura, and her fight with Kyouka. This sounds like a head canon you're trying to make canon to explain Plot armor.

Sting and Jiemma is just another example of Mashima being inconsistent. He has recently said in an interview he didn't care about consistency or details. So you can't really use those examples as everything is mishmashed. We could've had Happy beating Acnologia for all he cared as he didn't care. Yes you have many examples of Erza because she is full of Plot armor, asspulls, and her enemies suffering from PIS. Erza is pretty much the walking example of the authors pet trope. All of her fights are based around some sort of asspull. Her emotions don't suddenly negate everything and allow her to win. Erza is a horribly written and inconsistent character when it comes to battles same for Natsu as they just pull power ups from nowhere. Hell Erza's armors can be seen as an excuse for Mashima to just pull something new out of nowhere when he writes himself into a corner. As he admitted he doesn't even plan ahead and doesn't know where it's going until he's drawing. Why FT is so inconsistent and poorly paced. It's got a great cast and is beautifully drawn but when it comes to battles and consistency it just suffers greatly. Just because Minerva said it doesn't make it true, we have tons of examples of characters saying something but it's not true. If Roshi blowing up the moon is an outlier then it only stands to reason Erza's meteor example should be. That or we should make Roshi blowing up the moon a non outlier as it's shown in DB they can increase their power by focusing it into a certain point.

They aren't false at all. You do realize Irene let herself get hurt at that moment because she was planning to switch bodies into Wendy.... Even then Irene was far stronger than Erza was, even when Erza was boosted sooooo.....The armor wouldn't have made a difference. Irene was far beyond them until Mashima worked his magic and let Erza win again for the sake of plot.

It literaly says in the manga it puts all of her magic into one strike. Therefore it's simple logic that she would not be able to do it numerous times as all of her magic is into one swing.

You're right it's not PIS it's an asspull the same as her waking up just in time even though she had been knocked out and drained. It had never been mentioned before nor forshadowed. It absolutely came out of nowhere and was stated before only Dragon Slayers can use it, not to mention Wendy is the weakest dragon slayer and was drained of magic so she wouldn't have been able to give much to Erza.

I've seen you post on Erza stuff before and I know you are incredibly biased when it comes to her. I saw how you weasled out and ignored facts during that thread with her vs Melodias. You even gave abilities to Erza she didn't even have then when proved wrong you still said it was true. Then when it showed Erza was losing you called it a stomp and were whining about it. I checked other threads and you do this constantly for Erza.

Can someone who isn't biased towards Erza chime in on this. I'll get nowhere with this guy.

I myself agree that Erza shouldn't be 6-C via emotions for those exact reasons however it seems that other disagree with me. As the person who made the previous thread I agree fully that "emotions" shouldn't be used as a legit power up, whenever it's clear that it's an obvious ass pull and PIS. But as I said people here seem to think otherwise. Imo we shouldn't nit pick and say everything in Fairy Tail isn't PIS and not do the same for other series ( I.E Bleach, Naruto One Piece.) Going by the logic Zoro would be low 6-B via attacking Fujitora, Nami would be Low 6-B via damaging Big Mom, Uryu would be 6-A for damaging Yhwach, Sakura would be Low 5-B+ for fighting Kaguya along side Naruto and Sasuke etc.

> Comparing Saint Seiya to a completely different series in order to try to justify Friendship Power being legit in FT

No. It's a legit thing in Saint Seiya, in FT not really. We're really being very lenient towards Fairy Tail with the constant BS friendship power ups yet whenever it happens in other series we're quick to call it Plot Induced Stupidity or call it an outlier. At this point it's just a head canon but hey that's none of my business.

I have read Saint Seiya but wasn't that because the closer they are to death the brighter their Cosmo burns? Plus Cosmo actually heals their body. Also you have to figure in that most of the cast dies or gets taken out for the rest of the arc. Not to mention Athena has Nike the Goddess of Victory with her. Also Seiya is comatose so they don't always win. In FT it doesn't heal them but lets them do stuff they shouldn't. They even go on to fight more enemies even after they were apparently beaten and exhausted all of their energy. Saint Seiya did that too but they had ways around it. Of course FT did have Wendy do stuff shame she didn't focus on that and her battles skills.

Of course I do agree that their emotions shouldn't be used as an excuse for a power up in Saint Seiya either. Wish the authors actually went into detail or had someway of healing people without asspulls or some convience. Bleach had the 4th division, Naruto had Tsunade, Shizune, Sakura, and med ninja. One Piece has Chopper, Law, Kureha some other healers. Not to mention that some devil fruits allow them to bypass certain injuries. DB had Senzu beans, Kibito/Kibito Kai, Dende, and now Whis. Shaman King had Faust and Jeanne. Healers are important if you want your cast to keep on fighting.

Wendy was a good choice too bad there weren't more like her in the series.

<It's a legit thing in Saint Seiya, in FT not so much.

Please explain then, Seiya gets stomped by Thanatos, here's Athena's voice, gets a random boost in power and gets stronger.

Please explain how it's different.

I don't care what ya"ll decide here, however, it is blatantly false to say that FT gets special treatment here. Matter of fact it is constantly ******* on. Whenever it tries to buff even the smallest stat, it gets so much resistance. FT barely got where it is at as is. So by no means is FT getting "special treatment" just because we allow this power to be a thing. FT is by no means this site's pet verse or anything similar.

I just told you.

It's no different, you get a boost in power from whenever you here Athena's voice in SS, for the same reason you get a power boost whenever you speak about your friends in FT, it's a stupid concept yes, but it's a legitimate one in both series and that's unlike One Piece, or Bleach, or Naruto where they literally get an unexplained power up out of nowhere (Probably for the better)

Now to speak against Toppo's rather well spoken points.

-About the Cosmo, not entirely, in fact it was shown throughout the series to be rather inconsistent especially in my example above.

And it is a legitimate concept in Faory Taip, as shown by scans on Knights original downgrade thread, but me getting said scans in a series I admittedly don't enjoy isn't really a good use of my time, so if someone else can get that you are a trooper.

Oh hey, Homu did it.

Niiiiiiiiiiiice

This thread is trash. You could have read the previous. Emotion / Feeling-based power boosts are the most basic thing in Fairy Tail. The origin of magic is literally speculated to be love, for crying out loud.

You hating on friendship / love based power-boosts and also hating the series as a whole is no excuse to ignore such an obvious thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back